+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rarely. I think I last had them 13 years ago for tonsilitis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Me - no idea. Probably last year or the year before. I take them when needed.
    Dd1 is allergic to most antibiotics so is very carefully only take them when absolutely needed. Sadly if get mastitis it mean a hospital trip. As the ones she can have are iv only.

Ds1 is on long term antibiotics for bad acne. If goes without for a week or two they get so bad it painful to lay down.

Dd2 last week for a really bad chest infection. I was really worried. She was white knuckling my hand because the pain was so bad and her asthma was really bad on top. Before that a few years.

Dd3 God knows at least 5 or more years.

Ds2 at least 2 years..

Ds3 at least 2 years..

We don't go for every throat/chest infection only if they are really sick or if it's taking over a week or two to go away.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

sproutx3  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ummm - not often. Recently for a chest infection.

DH has not had them for years.

DS has had them twice. Once due to some horrible sickness that was with conjuctivitis and again for a chest infection.

I usually just get sick with viruses so they are never needed.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    First time I've ever had them (from memory) was last year when I had mastitis. Dh took them for the only time I've seen in 7 years last year as well for bronchitis. I don't think ds has had them...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Past year - not at all
    Past 5 yrs - maybe 2 times? I had them for pneumonia and when I had appendicitis.

Ds1 (6 yrs)- maybe 5 times in his life?
    Dd (2 yrs) - hasn't ever had them
    Ds2 (4 months) - was on iv antibiotics for 5 days as a newbie. Nothing since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rarely take antibiotics. The last time would have been when DS was born 3 years ago.

DS has had antibiotics at the same time and hasn't had any since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last yr mastitis and a bad chest infection. Have had a few courses in the last few years for bad chest infections. As a child spent.from newborn to about 6 on them alot for chronic ear and chest infections, have permanent hearing loss to 1 ear as a result of infections and perforated ear drums.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd just finished a course for a uto, she had 4 courses of antibiotics for an ongoing chest infection that took hold for about 4 months poor thing

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How often do you..

Too many times. My immune system is compromised so usually 2-4 x a year, anything from chest infections to tonsillitis to sinus infections. I had a spider bite a few weeks back that turned into a skin infection so that was another week. Sick to death of it tbh.

Ds has had them about 4 x in about 9 months, once he started childcare in winter he picked up a lot of nasty infections, probably half viral half bacterial. Hoping this winter is easier on him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the last time for me was probably 12-18 mtgs ago.

DS (3) had them about 12 mths ago for cellulitis.

DD (6) would have been 2-3 years I think. However she took them several times for ear infections when she was younger.