+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default Honeymoon help required!

Bubhubbers! I am in need of your assistance (again)
    I know I have asked previously about honeymoon destinations but we're 5 months out from the wedding and we still cannot decide on a destination.
    Ideally we're looking for a package that includes flights, and within Australia.
    I've been looking on Groupon and found a good deal for Green Island at a great price, but df poo-pooed the idea because we'd been there before, even though it was just a day trip. (Now you can probably understand why we can't settle on a destination!)
    We are keen on Darwin, but we actually can't find good info on any resorts/ hotels in Darwin either!
    Help us! Otherwise we'll be stuck with something like a teepee camping trip in bush land 2 minutes from my family's farm! (Not joking, that is actually a package you can buy on Groupon. Uncool. )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Byron Bay, Broome, New Caledonia, Hamilton Island, Fiji, Bali, Fraser Island

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry just saw you said inside Aus. Noosa, Narooma, Daylesford, Whitsundays

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lizard Island is supposed to be amaze.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    Lizard Island is supposed to be amaze.
    Hooley Dooley! After looking it up I think it's a little out of our price range! 😂 from $1699 per night twin share- yikes!! I will be essentially broke after the wedding

Thanks
    Reviews
    What sort of honeymoon interests you? (Darwin has thrown me, not a usual honeymoon destination?). Depends whether you're up for beachy and warm, or just want a nice romantic place to go... Also time of year etc.

There are plenty of lovely islands but as you've no doubt discovered the high end 'honeymoon ' style ones all come with a price tag. Hamilton island is a good one as you can fly direct eliminating transfer costs etc, and there is a range of $ options.

Other than the beach/island options have you considered a vineyard trip to SA, or Tasmania? Cradle Mountain, east coast (ie frecynet, wineglass bay) etc are really nice if you're into scenery, outdoors and/or great food & wine.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also check out luxury escapes it's like Groupon but all nice hotels and resorts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Port Douglas was great. Nice restaurants, spas, can drive thru the daintree. Loved it. Flew to cairns and car hire was very cheap. Pick up car from airport. Portdouglasinfo.com has some brilliant deals. We did the QT 4 night deal with full breakfast and sunset cruise. It was $850 or so.
    Last edited by littleriv; 01-04-2016 at 15:33.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    Hooley Dooley! After looking it up I think it's a little out of our price range! 😂 from $1699 per night twin share- yikes!! I will be essentially broke after the wedding
    That's probably why it's amazing, lol.

I'd never looked at the price - sorry!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not much help at all I'm afraid. For our honeymoon DH and I went camping near Bateman's Bay!

We pitched a tent in the National Forest, and did a bbq for every meal. There were kangaroos and wombats and possums passing through camp in the mornings, and it was a short walk to the beach where we would sit on the sand and chat about our future.

It was remote, quiet, and there was no phone reception. And best of all it was cheap! We did drive into town a couple of times for a nice cooked breakfast, but honestly we loved every minute of it. I'd do the same again if I had my time over

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-04-2016)