+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally, I'd approach your employer one last time, and go in armed with a bit of info so that you can say something along the lines of "I'm here to discuss my pay. You might remember I spoke to you about this on (insert date) and you advised me at the time that I would be paid on (insert date.)

So far I have not received any money into my account and I will be taking this matter to Fair Work Australia if it is not rectified immediately. I will also not be working any further shifts until such time that my pay is processed and received.

I apologise that it has come to this but I am a good employee and I know my rights. I would respectfully suggest that you attend to this immediately as if I have not been paid by (date) I will be taking the matter further."

Fight fire with fire, I say! You've done the work and you deserve to be paid for it. Not only that, I am pretty sure that the law will back you on that.

Good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's paid via an invoicing system. I have signed records (by my employer & myself) that I attend shifts, then I go home & prepare an invoice with the hours worked and send it through to be paid. Sort of like a sub contractor set up.

I feel like I am covered legally, I also feel like the employer is essentially a good person just very haphazard and relaxed about it. Which is very unprofessional and frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fair enough. I'd be trying to get something in writing from the person as a minimum. If you speak to them directly, follow up with an email.

You aren't volunteering, you are invoicing them, even without a formal contract, one is implied in your actions.

If it's just a matter of a scatterbrained boss (as opposed to a dodgy one), best approach is a conversation confirming when you will be paid, followed up in writing and pester them until it's done.

Really poor form, I hope it gets resolved quickly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your help Do you think it is reasonable to state that I am not comfortable working further shifts until I am paid? That will give them 3 working days to ensure payment (before my next shift).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Thank you for your help Do you think it is reasonable to state that I am not comfortable working further shifts until I am paid? That will give them 3 working days to ensure payment (before my next shift).
    Yes, more than reasonable. This is what I would be doing

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    Yes, more than reasonable. This is what I would be doing
    Thanks for posting this. DH hasn't been paid OT but we don't want bring it up considering our time without work

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to me at the end of last year speaking to the employer every day & getting told yes payment is coming or its being held up by the banks. I sent a friendly reminder after 7 days followed up by copy of invoices, just stating that payment must be made within 48hrs to avoid further action. If still not paid then send a letter of demand. But definitely inform them that you will not be completing any further work until payment is made.

Good luck

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MyDino For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try and make sure everything you say is in writing so you have a record

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (01-04-2016)