+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Leave it up to people to decide what they feel comfortable with. Whatever you do don't give present instructions - that's the height of rudeness IMO.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (02-04-2016),TheGooch  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Leave it up to people to decide what they feel comfortable with. Whatever you do don't give present instructions - that's the height of rudeness IMO.
    Yep thanks. I agree. Present instructions annoy me too. I guess i just feel uncomfortable that someone might struggle to get two and I'd HATE to ever worry anyone about it. But i guess everyone works it out for themselves so i was probably just worrying about nothing. You're right. ..ruder to create rules around the party! Ha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT2561 View Post
    Don't all kids share the toys in the house though?
    My girls aren't twins but I always give them the same Christmas presents just to avoid the fights. It's lazy parenting I know.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    My girls aren't twins but I always give them the same Christmas presents just to avoid the fights. It's lazy parenting I know.
    Same. My kids aren't twins but they always want same thing. Now they are older it's getting easier eg (trampoline etc)... Or they will want a iPad or something. But for example they wanted buzz light year so I needed to get two 😱

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (03-04-2016),Wise Enough  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I put a note at the bottom of my DS's birthday invite saying that he will be well spoilt by his family, so no gifts are required, the presence of his friends come celebrate his special day is enough. I did think about it a lot before I put it on but it's really the truth and there are a heap of kids birthdays around the same time and I wanted to take the pressure off. Really close friends will prob bring a gift anyway. I was really hoping it wasn't rude, he's just been well spoilt with so many gifts over the years I didn't want people to feel they needed to keep it up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP if I went to a twin party I'd have no quams buying 2 gifts for the two individuals, I think that's totally fine.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My good friend has twins. They're only toddlers but I've always bought two gifts when going to their birthday parties. I've never really thought about it too much & it certainly doesn't bother me. I do think it's only fair that they get a present each.

I agree with previous replies, I wouldn't put anything about it on the invite & would just let people decide.

Don't feel bad at all op, you'll find that most people are happy buying two & wouldn't have thought otherwise

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (03-04-2016)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT2561 View Post
    Don't all kids share the toys in the house though? I don't think it's anything specific to twins to always share. Mine are only young but opening a present together is fun and they play together 99 per cent of the time so i doubt it would phase them at this age to have one toy that they share. But i appreciate the responses that others wouldn't mind giving two. Good to know. I suppose it just felt excessive, but if nobody would mind, then it doesn't seem it is an issue.
    Yes but the presents are never identical, I find. Similar, but not identical.