How did you tell Friends and Family you wouldn't be having children? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How did you tell Friends and Family you wouldn't be having children?

I'm coming to the point that I think it's time to stop trying, I might have one more cycle left in my but I'm just not sure.
    I know I'm strong enough to go down the donation path & adoption just seems like a long long hard road.

So my question is, how did you explain to friends and family that you have stopped TTC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No advice, just to say I'm so so sorry this is what you are facing.

Big hugs X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear your journey hasn't been successful... Though there is still one more chance possibly... I would be saying that we can't have children medically and done everything financially and emotionally to have children but it just hasn't worked out for us... People need to know your story and be there for you... Sending you hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was thinking about sending an email to all the family that know we've been doing IVF and letting them know that we won't be trying anymore, but maybe that's just too much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    if it we're ''me'' in your shoes, i wouldn't make an announcement.. whoever asks - i'd say so but i wouldn't go out of my way to say so.. if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't make an announcement, I told people individually. Originally I hadn't really wanted anyone to know we were doing ivf but stuff happened & by the time we called it quits quite a few friends & family were aware. I'm quite private but I was honest & said I just couldn't face another cycle & that adoption wasn't an option for us. Everyone's situation is different but I would say that for me it wasn't the end of it because I had a couple of people who didn't willingly accept our decision & still 'push' for us to start ttc again. I guess my advice would be to think about what would be the easiest way for you to do it. I spent a lot of time worrying about what everyone would think & got very stressed out about it & at the end of the day the worrying & stressing were just a waste of time & energy! I'm sorry to hear you're in this position as I know it is hard. Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't announce it at all. If your families like mine you tell one and then everyone knows..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If it was me I wouldn't tell my family and if I did it wouldn't be via email. That's me though - we're not really close and I have no interest in sharing personal information with them. I don't trust my mother not to blab.
    What's your relationship with your family like? Have you shared your ttc struggles with then thus far? Are hey supportive?