+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dh is in defence and we hope to live in canberra at some stage. We lived in melb for a year and loved the true 4 seasons, particularly a genuine Spring and Autumn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    melbourne's not that bad!! I'm from Perth and I used to find myself feeling the cold during winter more in Perth! maybe I've just acclimatized to the Melbourne chill. never been to Canberra but it seems colder than Melbourne.

I actually find the weather here quite mild tbh lol
    Perth can be colder because the houses aren't built to take winter and they don't know how to efficiently heat anything over here. Melbourne can be freezing but the houses and buildings are warm. I'm often colder in the morning in my house in Perth because it doesn't beat properly. We're putting in under floor heating in our new house and I cannot wait.

The winter before we moved from Melbourne five years ago was bitter and cold.

But Canberra wins hands down. Those winds from the snow caps. Brrrr.

I just miss seeing the seasons change.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    See for me if I have wear a jumper after 9 am or before 5pm it way too cold.
    We don't have a winter here. We lucky if we get 3 jumper days a year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    see I reckon the houses in Perth are better! all the houses here are just built with flimsy stud walls! I like the brick interior walls.

I always assumed Perth winters felt colder as the summers were so hot so the variation in temps was more noticeable.

I love Perth heat and summers but an used to Melb weather now. Perth is awesome for summer holidays visits though. hands down best beaches in the country!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Canberra def has 4 distinct seasons. The autumn leaves are so beautiful and the spring can be gorgeous with all the flowers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    see I reckon the houses in Perth are better! all the houses here are just built with flimsy stud walls! I like the brick interior walls.

I always assumed Perth winters felt colder as the summers were so hot so the variation in temps was more noticeable.

I love Perth heat and summers but an used to Melb weather now. Perth is awesome for summer holidays visits though. hands down best beaches in the country!!!
    I agree on the beaches. I hate the houses here though. Double brick with rendering. Loathe them.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (01-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    melbourne's not that bad!! I'm from Perth and I used to find myself feeling the cold during winter more in Perth! maybe I've just acclimatized to the Melbourne chill. never been to Canberra but it seems colder than Melbourne.

I actually find the weather here quite mild tbh lol
    I've been to Melbourne several times...only once was it actually 'you don't need to freeze your tits off' weather.
    I don't cope with the cold at all. I'd happily move to the tropics and never have Winter. I freeze ALL winter every year...Melbourne has like a 9 month Winter (compared to weather where I live) I barely cope with a three month Winter.
    Melbourne weather is the sole readon I will never move there!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Oh no no no no don't say that! 😳 eek! I had such big dreams of being a hermit! Haha
    It's okay, I'm a hermit! Keep the dream alive! You can be one too!!!!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-04-2016),HillDweller  (01-04-2016),VicPark  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I've been to Melbourne several times...only once was it actually 'you don't need to freeze your tits off' weather.
    I don't cope with the cold at all. I'd happily move to the tropics and never have Winter. I freeze ALL winter every year...Melbourne has like a 9 month Winter (compared to weather where I live) I barely cope with a three month Winter.
    Melbourne weather is the sole readon I will never move there!
    Same. I can't cope with Melbourne weather and don't find Perth winters anywhere near as cold.
    I'm looking forward to our trip to the cooler climate in a few weeks where I can jeans, jumper and boots but I know it's short lived so enjoy it. We live in the tropics and don't have winter and love it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Perth can be colder because the houses aren't built to take winter and they don't know how to efficiently heat anything over here. Melbourne can be freezing but the houses and buildings are warm. I'm often colder in the morning in my house in Perth because it doesn't beat properly. We're putting in under floor heating in our new house and I cannot wait.

The winter before we moved from Melbourne five years ago was bitter and cold.

But Canberra wins hands down. Those winds from the snow caps. Brrrr.

I just miss seeing the seasons change.
    Not only that, everyone in WA freaks out at the slightest bit of cold weather and don't leave the house! I found winter in WA so depressing as everyone just hibernates. Can't take the boat out? Oh no, what to do? Ummm, build cafes with open fireplaces or buy a jacket?