+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @HillDweller
    My mother's group and I were out till 4am last year for our Xmas party.

It just took us 2 days to recover. Haha.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How to make it work with 3 kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    Yes, but you didn't start having kids until 30's and 40's. By 50 I'll be a grandparent most likely. I don't want to still be raising teenagers while my older kids are having grandchildren.
    Lol This is why I don't recommend my way! I'll have grand children in my 50's AND raising primary schoolers 😂😭

Edit: I just had another think about this and if DS1 has a child when I did I'll have a grandchild and raising 2 under 4 😱😱😱😱😱

4. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Full House  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We live in Sydney, my kids will never be able to afford to leave home

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (01-04-2016),CMF  (01-04-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (01-04-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (01-04-2016),Sonja  (01-04-2016),VicPark  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh man...I hate going to bed at 4am...I always have, though! I actually loved that having babies meant people would stop expecting me to stay out late 😂 I'm not a nana, just one of this disgusting people who loves to get up early. I HATE wasting the day sleeping.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (01-04-2016),cheeeeesecake  (01-04-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (01-04-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    @HillDweller
    My mother's group and I were out till 4am last year for our Xmas party.

It just took us 2 days to recover. Haha.
    Hehe! I'd probably be a grumpy cow after a 4am stay up now, we get up much earlier nowadays with a stack of animals to feed (ducks and chickens do NOT care if you've had a big night lol) Can't believe a mere 5 years ago I was going straight to work the next day :O

Oh man...I hate going to bed at 4am...I always have, though! I actually loved that having babies meant people would stop expecting me to stay out late 😂 I'm not a nana, just one of this disgusting people who loves to get up early. I HATE wasting the day sleeping.
    LOL I am so antisocial nowadays. We moved up into the hills so we could say "we would come, but it's a bit far.." More often haha. Then someone told me people stop inviting you out when you have kids and I got REALLY excited. I can't WAIT for that to happen! 😂

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Full House  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    my sister and I plan to foster an adventurer's spirit of independence early by sending our boys to eachothers places on school holidays. ie mine flies to WA to spend a week there with his cousin and next school hols her boy flies here and they spend a week here. gives the parents a decent break and the boys get used to flying and travelling interstate on their own from an early age. hoping it ignites a bit of a passion for adventure rather than just laying about never looking further afield.

well that's our plan anyway. I'm sure it'll go awry somewhere along the line 😂😂

12. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    my sister and I plan to foster an adventurer's spirit of independence early by sending our boys to eachothers places on school holidays. ie mine flies to WA to spend a week there with his cousin and next school hols her boy flies here and they spend a week here. gives the parents a decent break and the boys get used to flying and travelling interstate on their own from an early age. hoping it ignites a bit of a passion for adventure rather than just laying about never looking further afield.

well that's our plan anyway. I'm sure it'll go awry somewhere along the line 😂😂
    That's a great plan! We travel Aus with our kids in our caravan. We go on road trips for up to a month at a time. So, we're doing it with them, not separate to them, but we all love the experiences and memories! We'll go overseas when they no longer want to come with us...but we really wanted them to see their own country, and figure they'll head overseas when they are adults (as everyone seems to 😂)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, but you didn't start having kids until 30's and 40's. By 50 I'll be a grandparent most likely. I don't want to still be raising teenagers while my older kids are having grandchildren.
    No one has said it's not okay in general, just that it's not what they want because they had kids in their 20's. DH and I actively chose to have our kids young, we don't want to be raising children for 30 years...and that's okay. It's also okay for those that do.
    Also, we don't want our kids to still be living at home when we're in our 50's. We will support them to be at home through one uni degree if they choose to go through the local uni, but we want them to learn to stand on their own two feet earlier rather than later so won't be having our kids living with us when they're 30 odd.
    When you were starting a family we had many years of it just being the 2 of us hence why we feel the way we do re our kids now.

You started earlier so would like your time back later.

Dh's parents started later than we did. All stayed living at home well into their 20's. 3 had apprenticeships and now careers and their own homes. Being home didn't mean they weren't standing on their own two feet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    When you were starting a family we had many years of it just being the 2 of us hence why we feel the way we do re our way.
    Yes...that was my point. Everyone is just sharing in their own experience, saying why they have made their decisions. It's so individual, really. There is no right or wrong

As far as my kids being independent adults with their own careers living at home...that won't be on offer for our kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post

LOL I am so antisocial nowadays. We moved up into the hills so we could say "we would come, but it's a bit far.." More often haha. Then someone told me people stop inviting you out when you have kids and I got REALLY excited. I can't WAIT for that to happen! 😂
    Sorry dudette. I'd hate to burst your bubble but I have a far more hectic social life now with kids!!!

So busy I can't fit in paid work. My weekends are booked thru till early May!