+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Opinions/help.. foreign object in ear..

So tonight I was looking in my ds (6) ear with a torch as he has had problems with bad ear wax/infections etc. I noticed something shiney. It was a bit of foil from an easter egg, and it was in really deep. So I took him to the ed and they could see it too. They called the dr in who decided to try flush it out. Well he flushed the ear but absolutely no foil came out. He checked again and couldn't see it, either could I. But I'm not convinced, it didn't come out in the bowl, so it has to be in there right? I'm trying to get the dr to have another go but he basically pushes me out the door telling me "everything be fine don't worry if I say its gone its gone" the nurse had a look again and couldn't see it either.
    Now I'm sitting here worried that it is still in there and wondering what I should do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is it bothering him at all?

I guess the worry is that it's now deeper in the canal. I have no idea if that's an issue or that it will cause issues down the track but I imagine it's not ideal. Maybe a visit to your GP tomorrow if you're concerned. They might spend a bit more time on it.

Best wishes!

Similar Threads

1. Your opinions please
    By MonkeyMumma in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 13-12-2015, 13:32
  2. Opinions
    By 08jules in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-11-2015, 06:42
  3. Anyone watching Foreign Correspondent?
    By A-Squared in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-09-2015, 05:14