+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear of the troubles you and your little guy had getting him into the world, but I'm pleased he got here safely in the end. All the best for recovery, rest as best you can and enjoy every minute of your gorgeous bubba!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

NizzleRizzle  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NizzleRizzle - how are you and bubs doing? Are you home or still in hospy? Hope all going well x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @SugarBerry! We're home and doing really well! Bubs is feeding and sleeping well and my milk has just come in (OMG my boobs!!) been able to sleep when bubs sleeps at night and catch up with cooking/cleaning in between visitors during the day. Really enjoying it so far, hope he stays a good sleeper!

How is everyone else going?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NizzleRizzle For This Useful Post:

sarah1982  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NizzleRizzle that's awesome to hear!
    How's your partner settling into dad life?

All is going well here too. But little Charli is going through a phase of needing lots of cuddles and minimal sleep during the day, so while I'm loving that, not much else gets done around the house lol.

I've also had a blocked milk duct causing some pain. Does anyone know how long it takes for the pain to die down after unblocking it?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NizzleRizzle - glad to hear all is going so well! Lol isnt it amazing what happens to your boobs, watch out baby...lol.

@freakedout44 - hope little Charli settles a bit more through the day soon, do you have a wrap? I have one called a sleepy wrap which is great to use when bub just wants to be held all day as you can still do things while they feel settled as they are close to you; Liam loves it. Im not sure about the blocked duct, l would have thought any pain would be gone soon after it cleared. Are you still feeding from that breast? Perhaps its not fully cleared?

All going ok here, Liam is 9 weeks old today, its going so fast! His wind is still bothering him, its just awful, hoping it eases soon for him.

I have to say his smiles are just the most beautiful thing .
    Last edited by SugarBerry; 23-04-2016 at 09:12.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarBerry For This Useful Post:

freakedout44  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @freakedout44 hmmm I would think if you were still in pain its still blocked. You can get ultrasound done to help! I would see a Dr hun.
    @freakedout we are going through the same with I! I do remember this vaguely with my DD. Lots of cuddles, chill out and give hubby the house chores @NizzleRizzle ohhh yes milk coming in is painful! I had a ice pack in each bra cup haha. I found around week 5-6 they wakeup... its incoming

All going good here. I isnt a fab day sleeper but wonderful overnight. DD at 2.5yrs still wakes overnight sometimes so I was.praying for a good sleeper!

My phrase these days... this too shall pass!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

freakedout44  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice guys. @SugarBerry we did try a wrap - I had thought the same thing - it worked for two minutes and then she realised she couldn't get to her hands and screamed louder than I've heard before!

For now, we are just keeping up with the cuddles and DH and I have been swapping between cuddling her and running the household.

Yesterday my amazing DH was even in the kitchen baking cupcakes for our evening visitors for me!

As for the duct the pain seems to be going away now. I only notice it when I touch the spot or when she is due for a feed on that side.
    @dancingbutterfly, I'll keep in mind about the ultrasound if it doesn't completely go away though. Last thing I want is mastitis...OUCH!

Hope everyone else is going well with their little ones xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @freakedout44 - sorry to hear the wrap was unsuccessful! Perhaps try again in a few days? I find it so useful. Hopefully the pain will fully ease, you definately dont want mastitis, so keep an eye on it! How nice of DH to bake cupcakes, yum! I cant get enough sugar lately, lol.

Ok, so I just tried to set up the secret facebook group (finally got around to doing it....lol) but I have to add a friend to the group to finalise it and as Im not facey friends with anyone from here I just scrapped it! If everyone is still interested in going to facebook I can set the group up but will need to friend someone on facebook to do it! What do you guys think. We can just chat here if thats easier for everyone, I dont mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep @SugarBerry, I'm the same. Breastfeeding works up a big appetite for chocolate and cake!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, it so does @freakedout44!! Thankfully you burn enough calories to not feel too guilty!