+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So just as an updated whinge as I'm upset...

Tried online again. Kept glitching. Went to Centrelink. They directed me to a computer. I refused unless someone came with me. So they did. It kept glitching. *sigh*. They kept telling me "how unusual". Yeah well there are so many things that are "so unusual" whenever I deal with CL, I hear that comment so many times so how about stop saying it because CL issues are evidently NOT that unusual!!!!

So then she says I'll have to make an appointment and do it manually with someone. Fine. What time? Oh their next available appointment isn't for a week. Then it will take 14 days to process. So I ask her if I can just sit and wait for someone today, like she'd been telling everyone else around me. No. Come back in a week. So I ask her how I'm supposed to do things like, yanno, pay rent, and eat, and stuff, without having any money to do so because the stupid freaking online thing isn't working and now I have to wait 3 weeks? To which she responds with "do you want the appointment or not?". A simple "I'm sorry I know it's frustrating but that's our earliest appointment" would have been a bit more reassuring.

So once again for the umpteenth time, I leave CL in tears. **** me. I wish I could just win lotto and not have to deal with CL ever again.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs CMF.

I'm sure the government is trying to break us when it comes to centrelink assistance- make it as hard and as complicated as possible to get help. Ironically, those most in need- ie the elderly and poor- are the least likely to have access to computers, let alone be computer literate.

I really hope it gets sorted for you soon. I would be crying with frustration too!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

CMF  (31-03-2016)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    sunshine coast qld
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    that is my thoughts Littlemisssunshine. I would really struggle if I had to do anything online with centerlink or whatever. Do these govt departments even make allowances for the elderly or people without computer skills. or even just people with older computers?? I know I would have trouble, and for sure there are many people older than me out there. good luck, cmf, . sorry to derail. marie.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    They are understaffed.
    The amount I pay to send parcels to Europe is extortionate. Aust Post should not have an hours wait time!