+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was whinging about this yesterday. After 30 mins on hold yesterday my phone cut out. I can't move anywhere in my house as my phone cuts out.

Was meant to call last night but I completely forgot 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    jeez that's really pathetic op. I hope you gave them an earful. I would have for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I gave up at 1 hour 45 minutes the other day. My call seems to get answered, the person can't answer my question so they put me back on hold under the guise of transfering me as a matter of "priority" to some other magical department. I am sooooo over it, I just want to know whats happening to my claim!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hold times

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    jeez that's really pathetic op. I hope you gave them an earful. I would have for sure.
    It's not the person on the other end's fault. I used to work in a call centre (not centrelink) and the abuse was awful. They called me names that you wouldn't dare speak to your face. They are usually low paid, everything is timed and monitored, including toilet breaks, and they have nothing to do with how long you wait. In fact, if you abuse them, they will be less receptive to helping you.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (30-03-2016),Ngaiz  (30-03-2016),Pixie Dust  (30-03-2016),VicPark  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I doubt it's the fault of the person on the phone. Maybe anger would be better spent lobbying Government to employ more staff etc etc

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are registered for phone self service you should get the option of requesting a call back. Your place in the line is held and they call you when it's your turn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Australia Post. An hour. To be told my tracked mail was assumed missing. I used to manage call centre teams and we had service level targets of answering calls in less than 90 seconds. God knows why Centrelink, Immigration, Medicare and Aust Post take so long!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    God knows why Centrelink, Immigration, Medicare and Aust Post take so long!
    They are understaffed.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (30-03-2016),VicPark  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    I was whinging about this yesterday. After 30 mins on hold yesterday my phone cut out. I can't move anywhere in my house as my phone cuts out.

Was meant to call last night but I completely forgot
    Ahhh that used to happen to me with CL, I would get sooooo frustrated as it wasn't actually my phone that was the issue!

I didn't as it's not their fault. But I did let them know that I was on hold for that long, as honestly my brain was fried by the time they answered, that I had to ask for her to give me a minute to get back on track! That hold music could pass as a form of torture if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
    If you are registered for phone self service you should get the option of requesting a call back. Your place in the line is held and they call you when it's your turn.
    For some reason I don't always get that option. I've complained about it before but they don't know why. Plus today's issue was made worse because once I finally got through, I had to be transferred to someone else, twice.

To make things worse, they had me doing part of what I needed to do, online, while I was on hold. But the website kept glitching out. So what I needed done today isn't even done! They told me to try again tomorrow online. When I asked what happens if it doesn't work again, she suggested I ring. I declined.
    I asked if I could just go into the office and ask for help, and she said these days they tend to point you towards their phones or computers and get you to do it yourself anyway. I politely told her that that's not happening, so she has put a note on my file saying that if I present to the office tomorrow I am to be seen and helped by an actual person.

So frustrating. I can't believe how long it took.

I feel sorry for the staff sometimes as it's not their fault, and they must get so many frustrated clients.

Thanks for listening to my whinging!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (30-03-2016)

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    2 hours 15 minutes with Centrelink. Then an hour and a half trying to sort our CCR. Not the best day I've had, but the lady was very helpful and called me back after she did what she could without me.