+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I didn't realise it was possible to have a shorter quarantine time. I was like a couple of days short of 6 months and they acted like it was a big deal. That was in qld.

The whole donor thing is so so confusing, especially when some laws are federal, some are state and then the clinics all have their own separate policies! I felt like I was doing a thesis trying to figure out all the legalities and possibilities with the baby project.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Voctoria. I've just had my first appointment at the women's hospital. I spent the entire evening afterwards in tears. I'm so bloody frightened, I'm also unsure if I'm going to be able to afford it. Whether I can withstand the process emotionally and physically is also playing on my mind. It was very dehumanising at the hospital. I feel old and alone.... It would be so much easier with a partner. Having a really down day, guys... Sorry!! Odds feel very much not in my favour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well the odds of you having a baby without a partner and without IVF are pretty much zero.

IVF isn't that bad. It's REPEATED IVF cycle after cycle which is what really takes its toll on your body, emotions, and mental well being.

The IVF is easy compared to the parenting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Well the odds of you having a baby without a partner and without IVF are pretty much zero.

IVF isn't that bad. It's REPEATED IVF cycle after cycle which is what really takes its toll on your body, emotions, and mental well being.

The IVF is easy compared to the parenting!!
    Precisely! That's my point. The whole thing feels extremely arduous from here. I'm under no illusions of ANY of it being easy. I also know that the only way over it is through it. So through it I shall go. I will regain my usual baseline of positivity shortly. I just feel that the women's hospital appointment was a tough day for me. Some of the gloss came off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any updates @Elizabeth333? Have you started the process at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just seen a friend go through it. Her boy is 1 and she's just about to try again. She said being a single mum is hard but it's everything she ever wanted so worth it. I hope you have some family support as i think her mum plays a huge role. As well as having a supportive mummy network. I have to add that my friend has loads of health issues - medically infertile, diabetes, and obesity. So she has overcome a lot - she's a bit younger maybe 37-38. Good luck! I hope you find the strength to continue if that's what you really want! X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterJade For This Useful Post:

GM9  (03-06-2016)