+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post

He likes butter thankfully, so butter on plain crackers - or just butter! I kid you not I will give him a knob of butter straight from the block to chomp away on. He loves my home made butter shortbreads (so long as I use a cutter so they are all the same) too. Potato chips and crisps are another like, I silently freak out at the salt but figure it was (and has been) just short term. [I feel like a freak saying this but...] unfortunately he doesn't like much 'junk' food, eg. nuggets, pizza, pies etc. He just has very 'plain' taste. He loved milk, and I would add a scoop of formula, but him having it or not did not impact on what he ate. If I tried to cut it out though it would have a huge impact on his (already bad) sleep.

I just literally have offered him everything, regardless of if it is 'healthy' or not. If it's got calories in it, and he doesn't spit it out in disgust - then it's added to the menu!

!
    Wow you've pretty much described my ds1. It's so stressful to hear people comment about all the healthy food their kids out and freaking out if they eat a chip when I'm like "yay my toddler will now eat chicken nuggets!" I still stress no end about his lack of nutrients especially now my ds2 who is 9 months will eat anything and literally eats double the amount of food but ds1 is maintaining his weight even if it's the 25th percentile and most days he lives on mainly fresh air.
    Ds2 will however eat lots but is tiny on the 3rd percentile. The plus side though is he's easier to carry around when he's in limpet mode and I often feel sorry for those parents with big chunky babies that must weigh a tonne!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Littlemisshappy

Is this now I tag? I'm trying to get this person onto this thread.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

Littlemisshappy  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Help! I'm at my wits end!

My son eats chobani strawberry and blueberry sucky yogurt, chips, vegemite sandwiches and.... Milk. That's pretty much it. He is a fussy eater. I try to give him other food but he won't have a bar of it.

He's a good weight, energetic and healthy. I try not to let it stress me. Oh and he eats baby bell cheese. If I could hide a veggie in anything it would be.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    My son eats chobani strawberry and blueberry sucky yogurt, chips, vegemite sandwiches and.... Milk. That's pretty much it. He is a fussy eater. I try to give him other food but he won't have a bar of it.

He's a good weight, energetic and healthy. I try not to let it stress me. Oh and he eats baby bell cheese. If I could hide a veggie in anything it would be.
    Interestingly enough Lilypily and I shared a house then and raised our children like twins, they were the same age. My DD1, who was fed exactly the same as her fussy eater, loves food. Total opposite of him. So just know fussing eating mums it's not you. It's them. It's beyond my comprehension that people might not be that interested in food. But apparently it happens. God I wish it would happen to me.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (03-04-2016),binnielici  (03-04-2016),gingermillie  (03-04-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (03-04-2016),Mamasupial  (02-04-2016),nh2489  (02-04-2016),Stretched  (02-04-2016),wobbleyhorse  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    @Littlemisshappy

Is this now I tag? I'm trying to get this person onto this thread.
    Thank you!!!!!! ☺️

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemisshappy For This Useful Post:

Nafsika  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Interestingly enough Lilypily and I shared a house then and raised our children like twins, they were the same age. My DD1, who was fed exactly the same as her fussy eater, loves food. Total opposite of him. So just know fussing eating mums it's not you. It's them. It's beyond my comprehension that people might not be that interested in food. But apparently it happens. God I wish it would happen to me.
    This makes me feel great

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    What sort of things does genetic testing look for?
    Genetic testing could involve testing chromosomes. There are some subtle conditions that can cause small stature therefore low weight gains / slow growth.

Another thing a paed may test is growth hormone levels. My DD was consistently under the growth charts, however her growth hormones have never been tested as her curve was parallel to the growth chart, she was just below where she should be. The paed felt her growth patterns were normal, she wast small and did not warrant any further testing.

Another cause of fussy eating is food intolerances. I've read reports of kids appetites increasing once the culprits were identified. You would need to see a dietician about elimination diets eg FAILSAFE / RPAH elimination diet or FODMAP diet if you wanted to go down that path. I would only look at food intolerances once any medical reasons for slow growth / fussiness had been eliminated.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 03-04-2016 at 09:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everything going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We have started weaning her bottles this week as she really wasn't drinking much of them (20mls).

She is now eating breakfast (slice of toast) which is an improvement but the rest of the day eating hasn't changed.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

DT75  (17-04-2016),Nafsika  (17-04-2016)