+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamatotwo View Post
    Thank you all so much.
    I am already registered with Centrelink we get a small portion of family tax a and b, so woild it just be a matter of updating my relationship status with them and my location once that changes?
    Does child support go through Centrelink as well?
    You will have to ring the child support agency and they will do an assessment but yes they work together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there anything specific I need my husband to sign or write in regards to me having custody of our son and moving interstate or will a hand written agreement signed by us both suffice for now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not too sure, just ring the child support agency and they will need his contact and salary details as well. They will help you out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is there anything specific I need my husband to sign or write in regards to me having custody of our son and moving interstate or will a hand written agreement signed by us both suffice for now?
    I would see a lawyer.

There are free options eg Womens Legal Service if you can't afford a full consult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much.
    I am already registered with Centrelink we get a small portion of family tax a and b, so woild it just be a matter of updating my relationship status with them and my location once that changes?
    Does child support go through Centrelink as well?
    Phone Centrelink. Single parenting pension would need to be applied for separately. It requires more than just updating your relationship status.

For child support you need to phone the child support agency. You have 3 months from date of separation to contact them before your FTB A drops down to the base level.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcd View Post
    Contact Dco + Dfa + they will point you in the right direction. From my knowledge of PACMAN you will be required to vacate the SR within 28days + you are entitled to a toll move. Padre on base can be really helpful as well particularly if DV is involved (they can arrange for your husband to stay on base until the move happens). If you feel unsafe or at risk of harm, call the police. If you need the relevant PACMAN docs let me know + I can Pm you the links. Best of luck through this tough time x
    Wow, I've never heard of this!

Scrap my post OP and good luck 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    You need to apply to Centrelink for Single parenting pension. You can apply straight away, I just had to fill out a form nominating 2 people who were willing to verify that the relationship had broken down. And then fill out the SPP form.

You will need to contact Child support as well. The organisations do work together but you need to do all the paperwork with each initially.

As for arrangements with your DS, I was told that handwritten/typed and signed anything were not worth the paper they are written on. You would need a lawyer. In the meantime, I would move, especially if he seems to agree to it at this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everything is slowly getting sorted....I'm leaving for nsw in the morning my dad is coming up to get us and help pack what we can today.

My ex has said he is happy for our son to have his last name changed to my maiden name (my ex is not the biological father of our son we used donor sperm but he is on the birth certificate as the father).
    Does anyone know where I begin the process of changing back to my maiden name and changing my son's last name?

Thank u x

Thanks
    Reviews
    For changing back to maiden name, I got my drivers licence changed first and then used that as id at banks etc.

For your son, you would need to contact the dept of birth, deaths and marriages.