+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help please.

Hi guys. We had our first round of IVF this last month. Today is 2 weeks post EC, 12dp2dt. This is today's test and the 3 prior. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1459152801.139592.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1459152815.074220.jpg

Obviously HCG has gone up each 48 hours but earlier had some spotting but going into a light bleed now (only when I wipe) and have had some nasty cramps. Had spotting around this time yesterday and day before but it stopped? I dunno what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately probably not anything you can do at the moment. The thing I hate about IVF is so much of this is out of our hands. My very first IVF cycle ages ago in 2008 (no one did hpt back then, you just waited for your blood test - very different to these days!) I bled on and off for most of the TWW. Was totally shocked when they told me I was pregnant. I've had multiple friends that have had a partial or full period at this early stage and gone on to have normal pregnancies.

I know it's really hard, but try not to get too stressed about it and I'd suggest you get in contact with your nurse tomorrow.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeanie For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No IVF experience but bleeding/cramping can be common in early pregnancy. Try and rest as much as you can tonight and call your clinic tomorrow. May be worth getting some bloods taken tomorrow and another in 2 days or so.

I know its stressful and scary so lots of hugs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. Yeh was planning on calling clinic first thing tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    If you're using Progesterone support in the form of pessaries/Crinone it could be either/both of those irritating your cervix causing the spotting/light staining.

Could also be breakthrough spotting/staining that can happen around the time AF's due & you're Preggo. It happened to me at 13dpo.

Your lines look great Luv!! Congrats!!!😊 When is your BT due?? Give your Clinic a call in the morning & see what they recommend.

In the meantime if your are using any Progesterone support...increase it by 1. No such thing as too much progesterone!!😊

Stay off your feet as well until you speak to your Clinic. An sure everything will be just fine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    If you're using Progesterone support in the form of pessaries/Crinone it could be either/both of those irritating your cervix causing the spotting/light staining.

Could also be breakthrough spotting/staining that can happen around the time AF's due & you're Preggo. It happened to me at 13dpo.

Your lines look great Luv!! Congrats!!!😊 When is your BT due?? Give your Clinic a call in the morning & see what they recommend.

In the meantime if your are using any Progesterone support...increase it by 1. No such thing as too much progesterone!!😊

Stay off your feet as well until you speak to your Clinic. An sure everything will be just fine.
    Thanks Hun. Yes on both crinone of a morning (1 tube) & 1 endometrin of an evening. BT is meant to be Wednesday morning.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Totally agree, increase progesterone and take it easy until you can speak with your clinic. Good luck!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    Thanks Hun. Yes on both crinone of a morning (1 tube) & 1 endometrin of an evening. BT is meant to be Wednesday morning.
    Right!! Whack another Crinone in & ask your Clinic in the morn to come in for an early BT Luv or else sneak off to the GP for one & tell them to mark the "urgent" box on the pathology request form😊

Spotting etc is pretty common in pregnancy & for some reason even more so in IVF pregnancies. I honestly feel/believe that all is ok with your little bean but you need a BT to confirm & a repeat blood test 2-3 days later to ensure your levels are rising appropriately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Right!! Whack another Crinone in & ask your Clinic in the morn to come in for an early BT Luv or else sneak off to the GP for one & tell them to mark the "urgent" box on the pathology request form😊

Spotting etc is pretty common in pregnancy & for some reason even more so in IVF pregnancies. I honestly feel/believe that all is ok with your little bean but you need a BT to confirm & a repeat blood test 2-3 days later to ensure your levels are rising appropriately.
    So crinone now even though I'm almost due for endometrin & 2 of each tomorrow?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    So crinone now even though I'm almost due for endometrin & 2 of each tomorrow?

My understanding is that the Progesterone in Crinone takes around an hour to absorb by the vagina. It's what the gel is encased in that comes out/causes the build up.

Anyhoo...I'd do the Crinone now and the Endometrin at least an hour later or just before you get into bed so you can lie down and not have to get up again.

Tomorrow, I'd do the 1x Crinone in the morning, 1xCrinone at lunch/early arvo and the Endometrin at your normal time

P.S..If you end up having to go to your GP for a blood test, get him/her to test your progesterone levels too. Once you know what it is, you can adjust the progesterone support if needed or go back to the usual that you have been doing if your levels are ok.