+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    And kids understand cause/effect and consequences from a young age (9-12mths). I tend to be easy going till 2yo with tidying up. Then I get fully major cranky pants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    I'm also super strict with food, I just cannot stans having food around the place &the idea of ants or mice.... ugh! One missed crumb on the carpet, & we will have a massive ant trail the next day. I've always enforced eating at the table or bench only, or outside. I hate when friends and families kids come over & walk arouns dropping food as they go, and smooshing it into the floor. I say 'oh we eat at the table' & then look to the parent to ask their child to eat at the table. If the parent doesnt enforce it, I have to let it go, but gahhh it drives me batsh!t crazy!

Oh. It felt good to get that out.
    Agh yes! I have friends like that. Drives me bonkers. And then they come over and ask why / how my house is so clean with 3 kids in the house?! Ummm because I don't let them run around with food! Hopefully I won't need to eat my words... DD is only 9 months old. DSS was almost 4 when he moved in so I haven't dealt with the 1-3 year old stage yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Agh yes! I have friends like that. Drives me bonkers. And then they come over and ask why / how my house is so clean with 3 kids in the house?! Ummm because I don't let them run around with food! Hopefully I won't need to eat my words... DD is only 9 months old. DSS was almost 4 when he moved in so I haven't dealt with the 1-3 year old stage yet.
    You won't have to. Just be consistent and firm. Remove the food if the kiddos wander away from the table. Sit with them and eat- make it an important part of family time.

Consistency consistency and consistency.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I throw it out. Including my husbands ****.

I'm not a Slave. It's not hard to pack stuff up!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (30-03-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not a slave" is something I have been saying a lot lately !

Thanks
    Reviews
    How frustrating! Could your husband help out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are often messy but what I do is have a few large containers in their rooms and just store all the mess in them, then when I (or they) are up to it we put everything back in it's correct spot, maybe that same day or it could be in a few weeks. When people come to visit at least it's quick to just throw everything in the containers and hide them lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also could you give your child something that he CAN take apart? So instead of taking all the toys, books, DVDs off the shelves give him a special section/room etc in the house or the shed or somewhere he can go nuts lol