+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default False positive????

How likely is it to get a false positive on a First Response test?
    I had a miscarriage in January and started ttc last cycle. My af started really light then got heavy last time and I was very confused about my dates, anyway I had light brown spotting yesterday and assumed it was af coming again. This morning I didn't have anymore brown so decided to test (after I had peed about 4 times) and got this result..
    I'm not getting my hopes up,
    It could be an early miscarriage, dodgy test, still positive from mc (only just thought of this) or it could have been implantation bleeding. It was a tiny tiny amount but still, it was there.
    I've only got a digital test and won't use that yet. I might get some more tomorrow but don't really want to test until the end of the week.
    I had better ring the doctors and check that my hcg levels went back to 0 as well. They got down to about 7 just after the mc and I had another test 2 weeks ago to ensure it was all gone.
    Anyway.. Has anyone had a false positive? ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1459126362.657773.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    I had a miscarriage in January and started ttc last cycle. My af started really light then got heavy last time and I was very confused about my dates, anyway I had light brown spotting yesterday and assumed it was af coming again. This morning I didn't have anymore brown so decided to test (after I had peed about 4 times) and got this result..
    It could be an early miscarriage, dodgy test, still positive from mc (only just thought of this) or it could have been implantation bleeding. It was a tiny tiny amount but still, it was there.
    I've only got a digital test and won't use that yet. I might get some more tomorrow but don't really want to test until the end of the week.
    I had better ring the doctors and check that my hcg levels went back to 0 as well. They got down to about 7 just after the mc and I had another test 2 weeks ago to ensure it was all gone.
    Anyway.. Has anyone had a false positive? Attachment 79736
    That looks completely positive to me!! No false about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brodiesmummy2011 View Post
    That looks completely positive to me!! No false about it!
    Thanks! I'm still not 100% convinced but it's a step in the right direction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Looks great! Congrats!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Em9  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyway.. Has anyone had a false positive? Attachment 79736
    Ive heard very unlikely to get a false positive. But also read lately theres been batches of first response tests that are givin people false positives. So id try another brand .
    Fingers crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like it could be positive Hun 😊
    Perhaps wait till wed to do another first response test? Give some time so the line will be def darker if pregnant.

All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lauzie View Post
    Sounds like it could be positive Hun 😊
    Perhaps wait till wed to do another first response test? Give some time so the line will be def darker if pregnant.

All the best!
    Thanks! Yep will wait till later in the week to do another.
    Now I've just got to stop myself worrying about miscarrying if it's real!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

lauzie  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default False positive????

It's so hard to not have those thoughts in your head especially having gone through it before.

We had a mmc last May and then fell pregnant in sept and it was always in the back of my mind. But for some reason I was so much more rational and felt more in control of my body when I went through everything the 2nd time, I even was able to control the urge to pee on a test haha!

I am now 28 weeks pregnant - so good things do happen Hun! Wishing you all the best ☺️ really hope this is your rainbow!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lauzie For This Useful Post:

brodiesmummy2011  (28-03-2016),Em9  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lauzie View Post
    It's so hard to not have those thoughts in your head especially having gone through it before.

We had a mmc last May and then fell pregnant in sept and it was always in the back of my mind. But for some reason I was so much more rational and felt more in control of my body when I went through everything the 2nd time, I even was able to control the urge to pee on a test haha!

I am now 28 weeks pregnant - so good things do happen Hun! Wishing you all the best ☺️ really hope this is your rainbow!
    Thanks Lauzie, will just wait and see how it all goes. I have an almost 2 y.o who I had bleeding with a few times so I should be used to it by now. I wish I was one of those people who didn't know I was pregnant till after 12 weeks lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lauzie, will just wait and see how it all goes. I have an almost 2 y.o who I had bleeding with a few times so I should be used to it by now. I wish I was one of those people who didn't know I was pregnant till after 12 weeks lol
    Hahaha lol yes being able to fast forward to past 12 weeks would be amazing!!!