+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked
    232
    Reviews
    0

    Default False positive????

    How likely is it to get a false positive on a First Response test?
    I had a miscarriage in January and started ttc last cycle. My af started really light then got heavy last time and I was very confused about my dates, anyway I had light brown spotting yesterday and assumed it was af coming again. This morning I didn't have anymore brown so decided to test (after I had peed about 4 times) and got this result..
    I'm not getting my hopes up,
    It could be an early miscarriage, dodgy test, still positive from mc (only just thought of this) or it could have been implantation bleeding. It was a tiny tiny amount but still, it was there.
    I've only got a digital test and won't use that yet. I might get some more tomorrow but don't really want to test until the end of the week.
    I had better ring the doctors and check that my hcg levels went back to 0 as well. They got down to about 7 just after the mc and I had another test 2 weeks ago to ensure it was all gone.
    Anyway.. Has anyone had a false positive? ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1459126362.657773.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Sa
    Posts
    1,737
    Thanks
    4,232
    Thanked
    1,571
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    How likely is it to get a false positive on a First Response test?
    I had a miscarriage in January and started ttc last cycle. My af started really light then got heavy last time and I was very confused about my dates, anyway I had light brown spotting yesterday and assumed it was af coming again. This morning I didn't have anymore brown so decided to test (after I had peed about 4 times) and got this result..
    I'm not getting my hopes up,
    It could be an early miscarriage, dodgy test, still positive from mc (only just thought of this) or it could have been implantation bleeding. It was a tiny tiny amount but still, it was there.
    I've only got a digital test and won't use that yet. I might get some more tomorrow but don't really want to test until the end of the week.
    I had better ring the doctors and check that my hcg levels went back to 0 as well. They got down to about 7 just after the mc and I had another test 2 weeks ago to ensure it was all gone.
    Anyway.. Has anyone had a false positive? Attachment 79736
    That looks completely positive to me!! No false about it!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked
    232
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brodiesmummy2011 View Post
    That looks completely positive to me!! No false about it!
    Thanks! I'm still not 100% convinced but it's a step in the right direction.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,308
    Thanks
    7,389
    Thanked
    6,038
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Looks great! Congrats!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

    Em9  (28-03-2016)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    214
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked
    120
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    How likely is it to get a false positive on a First Response test?
    I had a miscarriage in January and started ttc last cycle. My af started really light then got heavy last time and I was very confused about my dates, anyway I had light brown spotting yesterday and assumed it was af coming again. This morning I didn't have anymore brown so decided to test (after I had peed about 4 times) and got this result..
    I'm not getting my hopes up,
    It could be an early miscarriage, dodgy test, still positive from mc (only just thought of this) or it could have been implantation bleeding. It was a tiny tiny amount but still, it was there.
    I've only got a digital test and won't use that yet. I might get some more tomorrow but don't really want to test until the end of the week.
    I had better ring the doctors and check that my hcg levels went back to 0 as well. They got down to about 7 just after the mc and I had another test 2 weeks ago to ensure it was all gone.
    Anyway.. Has anyone had a false positive? Attachment 79736
    Ive heard very unlikely to get a false positive. But also read lately theres been batches of first response tests that are givin people false positives. So id try another brand .
    Fingers crossed for you

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked
    157
    Reviews
    0
    Sounds like it could be positive Hun 😊
    Perhaps wait till wed to do another first response test? Give some time so the line will be def darker if pregnant.

    All the best!

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked
    232
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lauzie View Post
    Sounds like it could be positive Hun 😊
    Perhaps wait till wed to do another first response test? Give some time so the line will be def darker if pregnant.

    All the best!
    Thanks! Yep will wait till later in the week to do another.
    Now I've just got to stop myself worrying about miscarrying if it's real!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

    lauzie  (28-03-2016)

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked
    157
    Reviews
    0

    Default False positive????

    It's so hard to not have those thoughts in your head especially having gone through it before.

    We had a mmc last May and then fell pregnant in sept and it was always in the back of my mind. But for some reason I was so much more rational and felt more in control of my body when I went through everything the 2nd time, I even was able to control the urge to pee on a test haha!

    I am now 28 weeks pregnant - so good things do happen Hun! Wishing you all the best ☺️ really hope this is your rainbow!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lauzie For This Useful Post:

    brodiesmummy2011  (28-03-2016),Em9  (28-03-2016)

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    367
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked
    232
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lauzie View Post
    It's so hard to not have those thoughts in your head especially having gone through it before.

    We had a mmc last May and then fell pregnant in sept and it was always in the back of my mind. But for some reason I was so much more rational and felt more in control of my body when I went through everything the 2nd time, I even was able to control the urge to pee on a test haha!

    I am now 28 weeks pregnant - so good things do happen Hun! Wishing you all the best ☺️ really hope this is your rainbow!
    Thanks Lauzie, will just wait and see how it all goes. I have an almost 2 y.o who I had bleeding with a few times so I should be used to it by now. I wish I was one of those people who didn't know I was pregnant till after 12 weeks lol

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked
    157
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    Thanks Lauzie, will just wait and see how it all goes. I have an almost 2 y.o who I had bleeding with a few times so I should be used to it by now. I wish I was one of those people who didn't know I was pregnant till after 12 weeks lol
    Hahaha lol yes being able to fast forward to past 12 weeks would be amazing!!!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Have You Had a False Negative followed by a BFP?
    By BrightonBabe in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 17:30
  2. faint positive, could be false?
    By uncertainwaters in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13-12-2015, 21:16
  3. Can a digital test give a false positive?
    By OneLastHurrah in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-09-2015, 09:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
The Little Gym Bella Vista
Get ready for some serious, fun gymnastics! The Little Gym Bella Vista
The world’s premier experiential learning and physical development center for children ages 4 months - 12 years. Create opportunities for your child to try new things and build self-confidence, all with a grin that stretches from ear to ear
featured supporter
Sudocrem / Infacol
Sudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, abrasions, wounds and minor skin irritations. Infacol Wind Drops are an effective method of treating wind in infants.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!