+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @BigRedV back took a while!

Unfortunately I didn't get very far. Most of my understanding comes from hard copy and subscription only online psych journals I still subscribe to. So there's not point posting links.

Google on this topic turned in to a mental health risk - eek I actually had to report a couple of links 😱

I asked DH to point me in the right direction to find some free online stuff and he didn't have much to offer. The only thing he had to say that I'm happy to post here is that not everyone who views imagery will contact offend (as I said in an earlier post) but 100% of contact offenders view imagery fwiw.

Tbh I think I'm fighting a losing battle and I've gone way off topic. I also don't seem to be getting my point across - I'm usually far more articulate maybe baby brain whatever.

I am in the minority here and that's ok.

As you were.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-03-2016),VicPark  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    @BigRedV back took a while!

Unfortunately I didn't get very far. Most of my understanding comes from hard copy and subscription only online psych journals I still subscribe to. So there's not point posting links.

Google on this topic turned in to a mental health risk - eek I actually had to report a couple of links 😱

I asked DH to point me in the right direction to find some free online stuff and he didn't have much to offer. The only thing he had to say that I'm happy to post here is that not everyone who views imagery will contact offend (as I said in an earlier post) but 100% of contact offenders view imagery fwiw.

Tbh I think I'm fighting a losing battle and I've gone way off topic. I also don't seem to be getting my point across - I'm usually far more articulate maybe baby brain whatever.

I am in the minority here and that's ok.

As you were.
    I'm hearing you loud & clear Luv & couldn't agree with you more!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-03-2016),VicPark  (30-03-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I get what you're saying @binnielici :-) that's a perspective I haven't really thought about before...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ** Have deleted for privacy because I've decided to go to the police about this one**

For those that did not see my post, a girl at DD's school has posted a video online that has attracted some obvious grooming comments from some very sick people.

Please be careful about what your kids post online.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 29-03-2016 at 20:54.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (30-03-2016),VicPark  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    That horrifies me @SSecret Squirrel. I hate that it matters but obviously it does.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (30-03-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (29-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    OMFG!!! I felt sick in the stomach reading that @SSecret Squirrel !!! I'd definitely be going to the Police!!!

Whoever wrote that is a sexual predator for sure & needs to be caught not to mention the girl who posted the picture..Agree her account needs to be suspended asap!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (29-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes secret squirrel I would contact the police on that one. Let them decide. It is potentially grooming/soliciting CP.

I've been reading along and don't know where I stand. I guess people have issues with OPs daughters picture because she does not look her age, which can lead to people assuming or asking for things they probably wouldn't if they knew her age.

I don't know where I will stand when my girls are older. I dread it. My DD has already been body shamed at 3. Kids at care call my beautiful girl fat. I don't want that to follow her home. Oddly enough I do actually have FB accounts for both girls but that's for my use not theirs

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (29-03-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (29-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd report that to the police for sure.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

harvs  (29-03-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (29-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Yes secret squirrel I would contact the police on that one. Let them decide. It is potentially grooming/soliciting CP.

I've been reading along and don't know where I stand. I guess people have issues with OPs daughters picture because she does not look her age, which can lead to people assuming or asking for things they probably wouldn't if they knew her age.

I don't know where I will stand when my girls are older. I dread it. My DD has already been body shamed at 3. Kids at care call my beautiful girl fat. I don't want that to follow her home. Oddly enough I do actually have FB accounts for both girls but that's for my use not theirs
    What age kids are calling your 3yo fat? That's messed up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Another anecdote

One of the boys at a high school here posted a photo on Facebook that had his mum in it. She is apparently very pretty. A few boys commented on the photo about her and the link was shared far and wide.

The outcome was any boy who commented about her appearance was suspended for 2 weeks. Any boy who liked the photo had detention for 2 weeks.

These are by all accounts nice normal kids. We heard this via friends whose son is part of the group of friends but thankfully as he's not on Facebook didn't see it.

Such serious outcomes for kids doing something they would see as quite normal. But now it's online for the world to see.