+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 163
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,020
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked
    607
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    I was trying to stay out of this as I think previous posts have been misunderstood.

    You are wrong. 100% wrong that some one taking a photo of an under age child and m.asturbating does not hurt anyone.

    S.exual deviance for want of a better word is a slippery slope. The brain habituates and requires higher and higher levels of stimulation. Not everyone who views child exploitation material will go on to contact offend but many will.

    It is everyone's responsibility to ensure that these 'dirty perves' everyone is referring to so flippantly are not able to access this material.

    I'm not saying that this will happen to the OP's daughter's photos. But the fact that a number of posters have brushed aside the very real fact that some individuals will become aroused by what seems to be relatively innocent imagery and then go on to contact offend is blowing my mind.
    I just don't think we should sacrifice our freedom to stop criminal or deviant behavior. To me it's no different to telling me I shouldn't let my toddler run naked on the beach or wear a bikini. Or that young girls/ women shouldn't wear mini skirts coz some weirdo might get his rocks off....to me, that is a slippery slope.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

    BettyW  (29-03-2016),DarcyJ  (29-03-2016),LoveLivesHere  (29-03-2016),Renn  (29-03-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (29-03-2016)

  3. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,019
    Thanks
    2,767
    Thanked
    1,012
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    I just don't think we should sacrifice our freedom to stop criminal or deviant behavior. To me it's no different to telling me I shouldn't let my toddler run naked on the beach or wear a bikini. Or that young girls/ women shouldn't wear mini skirts coz some weirdo might get his rocks off....to me, that is a slippery slope.
    I agree with you but it doesn't mean we should ignore risks or pretend that no one will be hurt.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (29-03-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-03-2016),SoThisIsLove  (29-03-2016),Tiny Dancer  (29-03-2016)

  5. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,868
    Thanks
    5,192
    Thanked
    3,894
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    I just don't think we should sacrifice our freedom to stop criminal or deviant behavior. To me it's no different to telling me I shouldn't let my toddler run naked on the beach or wear a bikini. Or that young girls/ women shouldn't wear mini skirts coz some weirdo might get his rocks off....to me, that is a slippery slope.
    I agree. Why victim blame? Many places put the onus on female assault and rape victims because of their clothing, their alcohol level, the fact they dared to work an early or late shift.

    The person who is in the wrong is the perpetrator.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

    BettyW  (29-03-2016),DarcyJ  (29-03-2016),LoveLivesHere  (29-03-2016),Ngaiz  (29-03-2016),PomPoms  (29-03-2016)

  7. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,583
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked
    1,600
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I still can't see that the photos are provocative. I must be missing something

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (29-03-2016),babyla  (29-03-2016),Ngaiz  (29-03-2016)

  9. #125
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,695
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,284
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    I was trying to stay out of this as I think previous posts have been misunderstood.

    You are wrong. 100% wrong that some one taking a photo of an under age child and m.asturbating does not hurt anyone.

    S.exual deviance for want of a better word is a slippery slope. The brain habituates and requires higher and higher levels of stimulation. Not everyone who views child exploitation material will go on to contact offend but many will.

    It is everyone's responsibility to ensure that these 'dirty perves' everyone is referring to so flippantly are not able to access this material.

    I'm not saying that this will happen to the OP's daughter's photos. But the fact that a number of posters have brushed aside the very real fact that some individuals will become aroused by what seems to be relatively innocent imagery and then go on to contact offend is blowing my mind.
    Almost 100% of sexual predators are not strangers. They are known to their victims and trusted members of family, or friends.

    If some stranger somehow got hold of a photo on the Internet of my child and blew his load I really couldn't give a shiz.

  10. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,695
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,284
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    This is exactly how I feel...you put it much better haha
    I have been reading along.

    I'm not blasé about my children's safety, I just worry about different things.

  11. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,019
    Thanks
    2,767
    Thanked
    1,012
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Social media and teens

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Almost 100% of sexual predators are not strangers. They are known to their victims and trusted members of family, or friends.

    If some stranger somehow got hold of a photo on the Internet of my child and blew his load I really couldn't give a shiz.
    I'm well aware of that. I am definitely contemplating the possibility it - the stranger or dirty peeve people keep referring too - is more likely to be the child's uncle, cousin, gym coach or school teacher.

    So you really don't care if that stranger you refer to above gets his 'rocks off' looking at picture of your child which over time results in him contact offending against his daughter, niece, next door neighbour's child etc... ?

    I will say one last time I am NOT victim blaming. I do agree it is a slippery slope. I am trying to understand the mentality that seems to be continually appearing in this thread that if it is not my child being hurt then it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by binnielici; 29-03-2016 at 18:41.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-03-2016),Tiny Dancer  (29-03-2016),VicPark  (30-03-2016)

  13. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,695
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,284
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    I'm well aware of that.

    So you really don't care if that stranger you refer to above gets his 'rocks off' looking at picture of your child which over time results in him contact offending against his daughter, niece, next door neighbour's child etc... ?

    I will say one last time I am NOT victim blaming. I do agree it is a slippery slope. I am trying to understand the mentality that seems to be continually appearing in this thread that if it is not my child being hurt then it doesn't matter.
    Who is saying it doesn't matter that it isn't my child? Nobody.

    Show me evidence that suggests that looking at an innocent photo of a child and getting aroused by it then turns into grooming and abuse.

  14. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,019
    Thanks
    2,767
    Thanked
    1,012
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Who is saying it doesn't matter that it isn't my child? Nobody.

    Show me evidence that suggests that looking at an innocent photo of a child and getting aroused by it then turns into grooming and abuse.
    What you have said is that it is not hurting anyone - ergo it doesn't matter. I disagree.

    As for evidence I will get back to you. Trying to get DS2 to bed. Will be back!

  15. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,720
    Thanks
    1,518
    Thanked
    1,950
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Look, even if there were convincing evidence of the 'slippery slope' here (and I can see the logical argument, given how our brains work, but not hard evidence)...it just doesn't follow that it's at all relevant here.

    Okay, so parents refuse to allow their children to post ANY photos of themselves on the internet. Parents don't post any either. Okay...now we need to ban stock photos containing children, books containing photos of children, any pamphlets/catalogues etc., taking photos in public....
    Someone who wants to get off to non-sexualised images of children can find them ANYWHERE, regardless of how protective or paranoid parents want to be.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

    BettyW  (29-03-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (29-03-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. what social media do you use? and how much?
    By BH-KatiesMum in forum General Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 23-03-2016, 12:28
  2. Anyone with ASD teens?
    By monnie24 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 21:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Tribalance
TriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health physiotherapy services. Weekly pregnancy yoga classes are scheduled at the studio on Thursdays 1- 2pm and Saturdays 1-2:15pm.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!