+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I gave DS his first taste of chocolate this morning. Only a pice the size of a 10 cent piece though. We really don't feel right about giving DS junk just yet. He turns 2 next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few days ago DD (9 months) grabbed a Lindt ball off the coffee table and stuck it in her mouth, wrapper and all. It melted pretty much straight away and her eyes went as round as saucers and she sucked it as if she was starving. I guess she loves chocolate like her mumma! She had a mini egg this morning too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    Your standards or the older kids giving it to the baby?
    My standards!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Miss almost 22 months had her first small bits of Easter egg today. Chocolate in general, she only had when she nicked a bit of mine off the table when I wasn't looking (like an M & M).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    DS is 18 months and got so many chocolates and lollies as well as DD. I've basically hidden all of them and just given them both the non-chocolate items and will keep those for us (or they may end up in the bin).

Seriously they don't need that much chocolate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 about age 3 although he did eat other sweet things like banana bread and biscuits on very rare occasions between age 2 and 3. Even now, he might get ice cream once every 3 months, and chocolate even less often than that. However his childcare gives him various sweet things despite our complaining about it. Not much we can do because we are in the minority unfortunately. DS2 started eating chocolate earlier only because we couldn't give to DS1 and not to DS2. For example, when DS1 was toilet training at 3.5yrs old, he still wouldn't poo on the toilet so we bribed him with chocolate drumstick ice creams but then we had to give DS2 who was 1.5yrs old the same or else that would be mean.

However I think if kids don't know what they are missing, it isn't mean at all.

I'm not judging at all but I really don't understand why children need a tonne of chocolate at Easter. We don't celebrate Easter so maybe that's why I don't get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think last year was her first year DD was allowed to have chocolate and she was 3.5. Before that, I gave books and pjs. She didn't know she was 'missing out' because she's an only child and wasn't at school yet.