+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our bubs are around the same age and we aren't planning any chocolate either!
    I bought some of those plastic coloured eggs and I'm going to put bits of dried fruit etc inside instead

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Probably before 12 months for general chocolate and he first had an Easter egg at around 16 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Around 18mths her first easter egg. I didnt start and egg hunt until she was 5

Nothing wrong with letting your child wait for chocolate and nothing wrong with letting them have a little bit at easter. Every family is different

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-03-2016)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    For me, I realized it really doesn't matter too much if they have a taste of chocolate here or there, as long as it's in moderation. I think my DS2 had his first proper taste of sweets at his 1st birthday, he had some chocolate birthday cake.
    This ^^^

I try not to make a big deal over junk foods but have always shared whatever I'm having with ds. I'm not really concerned with chocolate and cake etc which we might have once a week/fortnight.

I worry more about getting the right balance day to day and ds having enough vegies everyday. He tends to have a lot of bread etc but there's not much I can do about it. Carby foods are the first things nan and dh go for when getting food for ds!
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 27-03-2016 at 10:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    18 months first chocolate this Easter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For Easter? Not until my oldest realised that kids get chocolate at Easter...so 6 or 7. They always got pj's, slippers and a book which they were so happy with. We only started because my oldest made the connection, but then it was just a small Lindt bunny and a very small hunt.
    Chocolate in general...probably 3 or 4? I never saw a need to introduce them to chocolate. I'm fine with small amounts in moderation...just nevet saw the point in giving my kids food that they didn't know they were missing out on

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    1st kiddo - about 2.5
    2nd kiddo - about 18mths
    3rd kiddo - who knows! Well before 1.
    My standards slipped with each kid clearly...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (27-03-2016),Olive Oil  (27-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    My DD is turning 19 months in a few days & there'll be no chocolate for her either (or ice cream etc) until she's 4/5 yrs old.

My Dad & sisters joke about how mean I am but I told them from the get go her Dad & I's feelings regarding this & that we expected them to respect our parenting decisions which they do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    1st kiddo - about 2.5
    2nd kiddo - about 18mths
    3rd kiddo - who knows! Well before 1.
    My standards slipped with each kid clearly...
    Your standards or the older kids giving it to the baby?

I can clearly remember DD2 trying to feed DD3 apple pie and icecream the day I bought her home from hospital.

In answer to the question, they would have all had a slice of their birthday cake on their first birthday, possibly decorated with smarties or chocolate freckles.

#1 - much to my horror exdh gave him junk food well before age 1. Easter bunny wouldn't have come until he was around 3.

#2 - I can remember camping in early December and waking up and finding her very proud of herself, sitting on the floor of the tent covered in the chocolate she had managed to rip out of #1's advent calendar. She would have been around 18 months. Easter bunny wouldn't have come until she was around 2.

The others, can't really remember. With older siblings around it wasn't really my choice. Easter bunny wouldn't have given them anything until around age 2.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 27-03-2016 at 11:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was only 11 months for his first Easter were Nanna gave him a small Easter bunny.