+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, what a pain!! Family dynamics I can be fraught sometimes. I also think there is a little bit of over sensitivity as well. Goodness knows we all do it ☺It has only been a month. I would not think you had been cut off. I would have an open discussion with them, but be prepared for them to think you are over reacting. I honestly think is is all normal family stuff. I hope you can all get past this hurdle. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Own language- do you mean they speak a diff language as in Chinese or something? (Not being silly!)

I would get hubby to approach if you think he wants too. we are going through something very similar!

I would be annoyed about the house. But that's just me personally. Depends how close you are to your MIL. And being snob bed at a wedding and your kids that's disrespectful IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I had to be honest I wouldn't want people like that in my kids lives... your kids will be getting hurt by their actions and won't understand. When they come to their senses I'd kindly tell them where to go.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default we have been cut off from the family?!??

I would get my husband to go over on his own and ask his parents what the issue is as the grandkids are missing them

Coming from a European background, this is how the 'oldies' like to deal with things. They get upset over something and that's the end. My dad and uncle never spoke to eachother for 10 or so years until one of them finally reached out to the other and all was good again (then it was like the previous 10 years never happened lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry you're in a difficult spot. i would try and talk to them but not make a huge deal about it, as another pp said...mention the kids are asking about them.
    it could be a whole range of things like being busy/mis interpreted/unintentional something...

hope you can sort it out.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default It continues....WTH is MIL's problem????

I did the usual thing and sent out a happy Easter message to all the family (the inlaws) and heard nothing back-unusual? This morning I get a message from MIL that was quite aggressive. It read: if the kids want an Easter bunny it's now at our house.....WTH?? Will only live 20mins away and she can't find time to come and give it to the kids herself?? I really think that she is trying to get us to snap and for it all to blow up so she can turn this whole drama, she has created around on us to justify her reasons for bad mouthing us. I think she is playing a game. What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No one here knows for sure what's going on. You and DH need to confront them and ask what's going on. If they act dumb, list the things they have done to show that you're not imagining things. Don't argue. If they still act dumb walk away. You can't force someone to be part of yours and your kids' lives when they don't want to be.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loumoo View Post
    I did the usual thing and sent out a happy Easter message to all the family (the inlaws) and heard nothing back-unusual? This morning I get a message from MIL that was quite aggressive. It read: if the kids want an Easter bunny it's now at our house.....WTH?? Will only live 20mins away and she can't find time to come and give it to the kids herself?? I really think that she is trying to get us to snap and for it all to blow up so she can turn this whole drama, she has created around on us to justify her reasons for bad mouthing us. I think she is playing a game. What do you think?
    If you wanted to think positively about it (not sure I could..) turn up with the kids and get the Easter bunny and see what happens. It's an in from them albeit quite unfriendly but it might force the hands to figure out what is going on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you not just ask them what's going on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Loumoo View Post
    "It's now at our house" to me suggests they were expecting you somewhere yesterday and you didn't show? Any chance there was crossed wires about plans?

I don't think you can get too cranky with them not driving to your place when you won't drive to their place.