Closed Thread
Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Evening everyone. I was contacted today by a reporter from the abc who wants to do a documentary on the difficulties women like me and you experience in the ivf journey. She was really lovely and I managed to talk about a lot of the challenges ivf presents to us from a process and procedural point of view at the clinics as well as the emotional damage it causes as a result of the extreme hope and grief cycle. It was nice to be heard and so much of what I said was while I was thinking of all of you lovely ladies (of course I didn't mention anyone though so don't worry). She asked me if I'd be comfortable appearing on camera to do an interview. I said yes that would be ok but now I'm thinking of it more I really don't think it would be a good idea. I don't want people to pity me and I also don't want to have to talk about it all the time. Mind you I'm not sure if it would even go to air or if many people would watch it. Your thoughts??

I agree with @winsor. See if the reporter can mask your identity somehow. If she could/can, then I'd definitely do it

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (08-04-2016),Caesardust  (08-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (08-04-2016),Summer  (08-04-2016),winsor  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockalee View Post
    @infinity888. EPU was ok, thanks for asking. Only 4 eggs - find out tomorrow how we go. I'm really crampy now. And apologies everyone but I need to have a rant at someone ... My (not so darling) DP is being a complete a*rse. He got cold feet last night and wanted to pull the plug on the whole thing. At 2am. After numerous beers. Which I didn't know he was drinking because I went to bed early to be well rested for today. I spent nearly four hours trying to talk him down off the ledge. To the point that I pulled the "we're done if you do this". So I've had no sleep and woke up from the GA and burst into tears. Now I know I've been heaping the pressure on him for kids but that's my deal breaker. I even started looking at converting the EPU to an egg freeze and then just going my own way. He ended up coming in and giving his sample but under extreme duress. He's been to every doctor appointment and scan and all he's said this isn't ideal and not the way he wants to have kids, I know this. If I had my choice we wouldn't have to do this either. No one in their right mind would. I'm now just seeing how the fertilisation goes. The IVF stress may just be the breaking of us. It might just be easier and far less stressful to do it all on my own.
    @rockalee Oh my god what a stressful thing to go through, what ********* timing on his part. Congrats on your 4 eggs but your head must be a mess after that bombshell. Not the way he wants kids??? Like you have a choice? I hope he had a horrible hangover.

You should be able to see a counselor with your cycle if you can persuade him to go.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2016),Blossom74  (08-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (08-04-2016),Summer  (08-04-2016),winsor  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am with Winsor and BIBV protecting you identity might be a good idea here. Also I would be slightly worried about the timing in that the travelling donors are out at the moment. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a negative angle re the comments by Professor Chapman about desperate couples willing to violate the law.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/ivf-t...08-gmo8qn.html

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2016),Blossom74  (08-04-2016),Bongley  (08-04-2016),Caesardust  (08-04-2016),Gagingi  (08-04-2016),Summer  (08-04-2016),winsor  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    its a bit of a dilemma sharing your story in public isn't it. In so many ways you want to put it out there about just how hard this stuff actually is but if you are still going through it then that can be tricky as your headspace changes on a daily basis so you might be feeling gungho one minute and then the next want to withdraw from the world and not tell anyone anything. People need to know this stuff, they need to hear about all the things that it affects, and people who are in this predicament want to hear that they are not alone, so everyone wins from people speaking out. I would think really carefully also about going anon but I would take my hat off to you if you don't feel the need too. Whatever you decide its admirable @Caesardust.

One of the things Ive often noticed about stories of infertility/IVF etc is that often they have a happy ending. Now this is all great, but what about the real life stories of people who didn't get their baby. Its your worst fears thinking about that but actually the stories need to be told so that if you get to that, you can hear how others managed to get through it and have a happy life.

A friend who struggled to conceive sent me this link a while back and I thought it was one of the most honest accounts Ive heard..http://bbc.in/1q62s1N

I don't know if anyone here watches House of Cards, but in the latest season there was a classic line from Robin Wright (she's a cold biatch in the show) when asked by a mother of 2 little kids (an opposition party woman) if she ever regretted not having kids, she looked her in the eye and said "do you ever regret having them?"

Now I could never imagine actually saying that to someone but it did make me laugh and Ive filed it away just in case I need it one day

hope todays call is great news @rockalee

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2016),Blossom74  (08-04-2016),Bongley  (08-04-2016),calypso75  (08-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (08-04-2016),Summer  (08-04-2016),winsor  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Thinking of you tonight @Blossom74 while out at dinner :-) Such a magical night here on the Gold Coast!

Attachment 80093

I must have been there in spirit

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2016),Summer  (08-04-2016),winsor  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rockalee, good luck for great fertilisation rates this morning!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2016),Summer  (08-04-2016),winsor  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    @rockalee, good luck for great fertilisation rates this morning!
    Thank you @Blosson74! I'll let you know how it goes.
    Thanks everyone for your words. I didn't realise so many others had issues with their menfolk too! I've not said anything to anyone IRL about his behaviour as I know it'll turn my friends and family against him and if we do make it through this, that'll make life untenable. @Caesardust I'm inclined to agree with others here - protecting your identity might be a good idea. Im not sure I'd want the world to know how hard it is while in the middle of the process - any negative spin or feedback would be too emotionally difficult. After the fact might be different but not while going through this.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rockalee For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2016),Blossom74  (08-04-2016),Caesardust  (08-04-2016),Summer  (08-04-2016),winsor  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    its a bit of a dilemma sharing your story in public isn't it. In so many ways you want to put it out there about just how hard this stuff actually is but if you are still going through it then that can be tricky as your headspace changes on a daily basis so you might be feeling gungho one minute and then the next want to withdraw from the world and not tell anyone anything. People need to know this stuff, they need to hear about all the things that it affects, and people who are in this predicament want to hear that they are not alone, so everyone wins from people speaking out. I would think really carefully also about going anon but I would take my hat off to you if you don't feel the need too. Whatever you decide its admirable @Caesardust.

One of the things Ive often noticed about stories of infertility/IVF etc is that often they have a happy ending. Now this is all great, but what about the real life stories of people who didn't get their baby. Its your worst fears thinking about that but actually the stories need to be told so that if you get to that, you can hear how others managed to get through it and have a happy life.

A friend who struggled to conceive sent me this link a while back and I thought it was one of the most honest accounts Ive heard..http://bbc.in/1q62s1N

I don't know if anyone here watches House of Cards, but in the latest season there was a classic line from Robin Wright (she's a cold biatch in the show) when asked by a mother of 2 little kids (an opposition party woman) if she ever regretted not having kids, she looked her in the eye and said "do you ever regret having them?"

Now I could never imagine actually saying that to someone but it did make me laugh and Ive filed it away just in case I need it one day

hope todays call is great news @rockalee
    @tuxcat I saw that episode! That made me cackle so much, what a comeback line. Really highlights the assumptions and how personal and rude the question (do you regret etc) is in the first place. Zing!

And I totally agree, the women who don't have success with IVF should be represented much more, to show that there is a happy life without children and so that it doesn't seem like a miracle cure.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2016),Blossom74  (08-04-2016),Caesardust  (08-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (08-04-2016),Gagingi  (08-04-2016),Kookii  (10-04-2016),Summer  (08-04-2016),tuxcat  (08-04-2016),winsor  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley I love that show!! Kevin Spacey and her are so absolutely brilliant in those characters, have you seen the end of the season of them watching that footage (won't spoil it if you haven't). The body language is superb. We waited a whole year to see the new season and then we had it polished off in two nights. So frustrating having to wait a whole year again for the next one!!!

you have your scan today don't you? Enjoy seeing manchego !!!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2016),Blossom74  (08-04-2016),Bongley  (08-04-2016),Summer  (08-04-2016),winsor  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kevin Spacey. S.exy

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-04-2016),Summer  (08-04-2016)