Closed Thread
Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    great results @rockalee. for your next scan & EPU. my fs both tend to try for day5 if there's multiple embryos still going (most I get at this stage is 2 I think) but if there's only one they can pop it back in earlier. I think I did have one cycle that it popped in earlier as there was only one still going, maybe day4 as it was a friday & they didn't work w/e. actually I think this might have been my cp cycle, so it did try for a bit.
    Last edited by winsor; 04-04-2016 at 18:45.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by rockalee View Post
    Good afternoon ladies. What lovely words you've been exchanging! It makes my heart warm!!

How is everyone going in this cycle?

I had my second scan today. The doc seemed a little disappointed by the results but it was better than my first so I was cautiously happy. Looks like five follicles with a couple of hidden maybes. My lefty is a slippery little b*gger and difficult to see on the scan. EPU Thursday.

From there the plan is if there are four or more embies two will be transferred day 5. Less than four there will be day 3 transfer of two (if there are two). Does anyone know why they would do this?
    To give the embie's a chance Luv.

My DD is a Day 3 transfer which was at my request for timing purposes from my Ex and I's side of things as my FS (Wazza) believes is growing the embies out until Day 5 regardless of how many you have in the dish but will transfer on whatever day you want to.

He believes if they can make it to Day 5 then you're in with a better chance. I believe that if they're going to stick, they will regardless of the day you transfer them

Am keeping and sending prayers to the Universe that you get at least 5 mature eggies on Thursday Luv!!!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (04-04-2016),Chiefsgirl  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),rockalee  (05-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    good luck for your induction/birth @Chiefsgirl - in case it happens quickly and I don't get a chance to say it beforehand. exciting

exciting for your OB appt & morphology scan too @Bongley
    @faithandhopellove beautiful words. well said
    @Charlie74 I *wish* I was 41, maybe I wouldn't have had to do ivf, who knows. my sister had her first pg at 39 with birth at 40. will never know now, but I didn't meet DP until after I was 42, start ivf tests early 43 & first cycle 43.8, almost 44. so I think you have plenty of time yet

afm, I had my follow up appt with midwife today for scan. lost it in the u/s waiting room after more & more young pg ladies & one with a cute toddler kept coming in to sit nearby. saw another girl who'd been talking in the initial waiting room about how she was possibly miscarrying - she later walked out in tears so I could tell she was having a bad day like mine a couple of weeks ago. scan was ok but the tech wanted to get the doctor to check something. they didn't answer the page so she did it all again and then we waited for results (DP came too which was good when the tears started). the midwife said it looked like a complete mc but there was some "loculate free fluid on left adnexa" (near a couple of simple cysts that have been there since oct cycle last year). so I have to take results to GP and have another scan in 6 weeks to check the fluid has been absorbed. not really sure what this all means but hoping it's something harmless. she said it could have been from the meds in the cycle but I said I had a natural cycle and no meds since october apart from progesterone. I also spoke to the counselor which was good - not as scary/uncomfortable as I was expecting. we discussed my history, the pg, mc/loss, and donor & how it worked at RPA and other options. she said it was good I was reflecting on some of the issues surrounding it all and said my reactions were all normal. so that was good. have had headaches all afternoon since so rested & took the whole day as a sick day instead of half. was emotionally drained - being back there really hit me this time. I thought I'd been going ok so far
    @winsor that just sounds like such a challenging day all round so well done for getting through it all. You've been so brave throughout all of it and I reckon you're always going to have those moments where you go jeez I think I'm going to have a bit of a melt down and that is totally normal and ok. It's great that dp was there to support you and that you could take the rest of the day to regroup. I hope you have a good rest tonight and the headaches dissipate. X

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (05-04-2016),Bongley  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    good luck for your induction/birth @Chiefsgirl - in case it happens quickly and I don't get a chance to say it beforehand. exciting

exciting for your OB appt & morphology scan too @Bongley
    @faithandhopellove beautiful words. well said
    @Charlie74 I *wish* I was 41, maybe I wouldn't have had to do ivf, who knows. my sister had her first pg at 39 with birth at 40. will never know now, but I didn't meet DP until after I was 42, start ivf tests early 43 & first cycle 43.8, almost 44. so I think you have plenty of time yet

afm, I had my follow up appt with midwife today for scan. lost it in the u/s waiting room after more & more young pg ladies & one with a cute toddler kept coming in to sit nearby. saw another girl who'd been talking in the initial waiting room about how she was possibly miscarrying - she later walked out in tears so I could tell she was having a bad day like mine a couple of weeks ago. scan was ok but the tech wanted to get the doctor to check something. they didn't answer the page so she did it all again and then we waited for results (DP came too which was good when the tears started). the midwife said it looked like a complete mc but there was some "loculate free fluid on left adnexa" (near a couple of simple cysts that have been there since oct cycle last year). so I have to take results to GP and have another scan in 6 weeks to check the fluid has been absorbed. not really sure what this all means but hoping it's something harmless. she said it could have been from the meds in the cycle but I said I had a natural cycle and no meds since october apart from progesterone. I also spoke to the counselor which was good - not as scary/uncomfortable as I was expecting. we discussed my history, the pg, mc/loss, and donor & how it worked at RPA and other options. she said it was good I was reflecting on some of the issues surrounding it all and said my reactions were all normal. so that was good. have had headaches all afternoon since so rested & took the whole day as a sick day instead of half. was emotionally drained - being back there really hit me this time. I thought I'd been going ok so far

Oh Luv.... Sounds like a tough, emotionally draining day for you

I think our moments of grief can rear it's emotional head up at anytime, any place. All it needs is some kind of catalyst to set it off and away you go

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (05-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rockalee I kind of agree that the transferring of day 2-4 day embryos is a bit of a risk but if you have only got 1 or less looking like they will make it to day 5 then I suppose you can risk it if you really want a transfer. But after 7 transfers of a mix Of days I don't think I'll bother transferring anything unless it's a day 5 now and preferably Pgd tested normal. Otherwise for me It's just a highly expensive exercise in chance which for me has just previously led to disappointment.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Blossom74  (05-04-2016),Chiefsgirl  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Thanks for such a gorgeous post, and also to the other girls who posted too.

I mean I totally agree with everything your all saying.. I think sometimes a reminder just helps though doesn't it?? It's good to hear it from others.

I have to say physically I don't feel too old, I'm in really good health, am fit, active, people think my sister and I are twins when they meet us and she is 34 so I know I don't look my age either. My friend had her DE baby at 50. And she has never regretted it. She's 52, and probably going back for number 2 this year 😊
    @Charlie74 you have so many inspirational women surrounding you so don't discount yourself of becoming one of them. I've seen you and you're definitely a young 41 so there's no issue with you having the energy for motherhood that's for sure xx

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Blossom74  (05-04-2016),Charlie74  (04-04-2016),Chiefsgirl  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by rockalee View Post
    Good afternoon ladies. What lovely words you've been exchanging! It makes my heart warm!!

How is everyone going in this cycle?

I had my second scan today. The doc seemed a little disappointed by the results but it was better than my first so I was cautiously happy. Looks like five follicles with a couple of hidden maybes. My lefty is a slippery little b*gger and difficult to see on the scan. EPU Thursday.

From there the plan is if there are four or more embies two will be transferred day 5. Less than four there will be day 3 transfer of two (if there are two). Does anyone know why they would do this?

Also...in a naturally conceived pregnancy, the embryo would be landing in the uterus on Day 5 after conception. Some FS believe in transferring them early on in the piece, some later on at Day 5. I've even heard of one that did/does Day 4 transfers regularly.

A lot of FS will transfer on Day 3 if you've only got a few emby's to choose from Luv so as to at least give you something to transfer and the embies a chance.

I know there's the argument of growing them out, then there's the argument of putting them back early. All I know is that to achieve a viable pregnancy you need a chromosomally normal embryo and the right environment to put it back into in combination with a good helping of "Babyluck" too
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 04-04-2016 at 19:30.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (05-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),Gagingi  (05-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor what a tough day for you hun... i hate it when it catches you by surprise . I hope your future days are filled with less tears and big smiles.

@BlondeinBrisvegas hows your friend going i hope youre both supporting each other through tough times. Im sure chocolate and wine will fix alot. 😀

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Blossom74  (05-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor wishing you all the best, hope you're able to do something lovely for yourself this week to help with the stress.

So interesting what everyone has said re the Day 5 / Day 3 xfers.
    I've always has Day5 - usually i have one or two cavatating morula, and the other one that's left is never good enough to freeze.
    I had thought that going back in earlier might be more comfortable for them ! My totally emotional not scientific way of thinking but maybe i should try to wait again.
    They are going to put 2 in this time if possible.
    Does anyone know if the Menopur will make any difference to quality ?
    I was always on 450 Gonal F so big doses.

I've got the first scan tomorrow, so a bit worried about what they'll find after a year off so trying not to think about it too much.
    My cycle is just Menapur this time too - not a combination.
    Taking Ovidrel but that is it.

@Charlie74 - it really is pure grit and determination no matter what age. I think anyone going through this process is going to have an extra layer of all that in our character forever.
    Not a bad thing
    Last edited by amie999; 04-04-2016 at 19:40.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amie999 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Blossom74  (05-04-2016),Caesardust  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @Caesardust I'm taking the Trental until August basically. Am onto my second box now. Thankfully I've had no side effects. Not sure it's done much so far (started them late Feb), Bcos my AF two weeks ago didn't seem any heavier than it has been. But still got another 5ish months to go so hopefully it'll slowly work some magic.

Thanks for ur replies girls.. Glad I'm not the only who wonders if it's all just too late. In my head 41 still feels young.. But lately I do think 'maybe I'm too old now to deserve to have a child- that's for younger people'.

However I can't and won't give up yet. If it all bothers me so much then I guess I'm meant to keep going
    @Charlie74 I'm 43 and will be 44 when bubs are about two months old. I keep saying I'm too old for twins but really, I don't feel too old. There are different types of 'old' too. Some people are much older than others of the same age. Look at it this way, would it be better to bring a child into the world with older parents - or for that child to NEVER have existed at all . Simple really imo.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Blossom74  (05-04-2016),Caesardust  (04-04-2016),Charlie74  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)