Closed Thread
Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    We went to the meet up today for the EDA group and stayed an hour or so and it was nice to meet some of the others whom I've been chatting too. Sadly bongley was sick and didn't make it but maybe we will meet at another one.

What a pity! Get well soon @Bongley!

I actually spoke to DH about attending a meet up once we have got our ad approved and published. The closest one to us would be Melbourne I think which would be about a 4 hour drive We would have to spend the night there which is lovely in one way but another financial stress in another. Still I reckon it might be worth going at least once.

Glad you enjoyed your day!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Bongley  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (04-04-2016),Maxwellsmum  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amie999 View Post
    Has anyone else found it difficult to talk to friends about the process ? I find that people don't really know what to say so they don't really want to talk about it.

I tend to chat more online about that sort of thing. My family and a couple of close friends know we have been doing IVF but I've not discussed the whole egg donor scenario with them. It might be a bit too much for them I think.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Maxwellsmum  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning everyone,

So today I have grocery shopping to do, and paperwork to follow. Fun. Not!

Then I have a few little jobs to attend to such as watering our newly planted vegie patch and hanging up washing.

It's all good in the 'hood

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Caesardust  (04-04-2016),Maxwellsmum  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    I hope you can let some of the stress go when you go on your trip and really have a fabulous holiday. We went to the meet up today for the EDA group and stayed an hour or so and it was nice to meet some of the others whom I've been chatting too. Sadly bongley was sick and didn't make it but maybe we will meet at another one. Good luck to the girls starting this week xx
    @tuxcat Yes, I was really bummed to miss you and my donor I always feel guilty when I've said I'll go and I don't, even if I'm dying. I'm off work today and I'm going to watch TV and sniffle the day away. My partner is off sick too.

@winsor if we listened to the universe most of us would have given up years ago

@Summer wow so glad everything is healing and progressing with you and your DP. Sounds like the DE plan is full steam ahead

@amie999 welcome back, I found it easy to talk to my friends but after a while I got annoyed that it became normal to them while it was getting harder and harder for me. If that makes sense? Plus the 'last' cycle went on for about a year.

hi @Countrygirl72 sorry I just saw your message on my page yesterday! Yes I'm UTD, 3rd DE FET Yes, I worry about my age and my energy and I always work out how old this child will be when I'm 50, 60 etc but it is what it is and its not unusual for women to have kids at our age (my grandmother had her last (of 11!!!) naturally at 43), they've usually just had a few before.......

AFM
    Got my first OB appointment tomorrow and 19 week morphology scan on friday
    Last edited by Bongley; 04-04-2016 at 09:18.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Blossom74  (04-04-2016),Chiefsgirl  (04-04-2016),Countrygirl72  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (04-04-2016),Maxwellsmum  (04-04-2016),Petal40  (04-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),tuxcat  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Charlie74 if DH and I decide to try for another Bub after this one arrives (and we are leaning that way) realistically I will be 44 before I am ready to try again. 41 is a spring chicken.

Besides I worked with a lady last year who had a natural pregnancy at 45. I also know of a lady doing DE who had her 1st at 49 and second at 51 (conceived at 50, which I think is the cut off age for DE). It's definitely not too late although I do know what you mean about feeling like you missed the pregnancy and parenting boat. I had a friend recently announce her pregnancy on Facebook (age 25). I felt so old when I read her announcement. But I talked through a few of my worries to DH on the weekend and we decided:
    1. That our Bub is very much wanted (it's not a contraceptive failure or mistake but years in the making)
    2. We are better set up in most areas for a new Bub. This includes both our physical capacity to meet Bubs needs (good careers, a home etc) and our emotional maturity.
    3. Our health is good. DH has had significant health issues in the past but he is very well now and we are very careful with our health as a result.

I have also had a pretty easy pregnancy. Aside from losing little Bubba (the Dr's have said it was almost definitely a problem with Bub and not me) I haven't had any big problems. I feel like I could do another 9 month stint in a year or so with no worries.

That just leaves energy. And yes we won't have the same get up and go as our youthful friends and I realise that hey will probably recover better from a sleepless night but that is just a small part of raising children. Besides DH plays lots of sport, we canoe, swim, hike (I spent three days hiking when I was 3 months pregnant), and generally have an active life style. I think our kids won't miss much, even if we need the occasional snooze on the lounge.

There are so many babies that come into this world unwanted. The children of everyone here will be privileged in so many ways. Most of all that they were so deeply yearned for. Isn't that the best way to start life.

10. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (04-04-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Blossom74  (04-04-2016),Bongley  (04-04-2016),Caesardust  (04-04-2016),calypso75  (04-04-2016),Charlie74  (04-04-2016),Chiefsgirl  (04-04-2016),cjocoh71  (04-04-2016),Countrygirl72  (04-04-2016),Gagingi  (04-04-2016),Kookii  (10-04-2016),Maxwellsmum  (04-04-2016),Petal40  (04-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),tuxcat  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That was so beautifully worded hun & I agree with every word x
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    @Charlie74 if DH and I decide to try for another Bub after this one arrives (and we are leaning that way) realistically I will be 44 before I am ready to try again. 41 is a spring chicken.

Besides I worked with a lady last year who had a natural pregnancy at 45. I also know of a lady doing DE who had her 1st at 49 and second at 51 (conceived at 50, which I think is the cut off age for DE). It's definitely not too late although I do know what you mean about feeling like you missed the pregnancy and parenting boat. I had a friend recently announce her pregnancy on Facebook (age 25). I felt so old when I read her announcement. But I talked through a few of my worries to DH on the weekend and we decided:
    1. That our Bub is very much wanted (it's not a contraceptive failure or mistake but years in the making)
    2. We are better set up in most areas for a new Bub. This includes both our physical capacity to meet Bubs needs (good careers, a home etc) and our emotional maturity.
    3. Our health is good. DH has had significant health issues in the past but he is very well now and we are very careful with our health as a result.

I have also had a pretty easy pregnancy. Aside from losing little Bubba (the Dr's have said it was almost definitely a problem with Bub and not me) I haven't had any big problems. I feel like I could do another 9 month stint in a year or so with no worries.

That just leaves energy. And yes we won't have the same get up and go as our youthful friends and I realise that hey will probably recover better from a sleepless night but that is just a small part of raising children. Besides DH plays lots of sport, we canoe, swim, hike (I spent three days hiking when I was 3 months pregnant), and generally have an active life style. I think our kids won't miss much, even if we need the occasional snooze on the lounge.

There are so many babies that come into this world unwanted. The children of everyone here will be privileged in so many ways. Most of all that they were so deeply yearned for. Isn't that the best way to start life.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Blossom74  (04-04-2016),Countrygirl72  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes this was me too although I started at 31 now this year I am 36, yes I'm still young but I'm still not pregnant yet either. My DH always said he wanted 3 children. I'm a bit more realistic, let's just get pregnant with one first hun before planning the third one. How are you going not long to go now before bubs arrival, I hope your not struggling too much x
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    @Charlie74 I'm 42 and about to have my first and we're talking g about going again next year when I'm 43! Granted using de helps, but my eggs were terrible at 38 which everyone thought was still young enough!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Blossom74  (04-04-2016),Chiefsgirl  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Absolutely true. Completely agree.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Countrygirl72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Blossom74  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15

Yep...I agree too Luv

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @faithandhopellove you said that so perfectly, thank you xxx
    @Maxwellsmum I am well. Seeing ob tmw to book in induction for sometime in the next week, I'm extremely nervous, but very excited. Bump has been feeling like it's in a vice quite a few times in the last 24hrs, so thinking she might be getting ready to meet us soon 🙏

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-04-2016),Blossom74  (04-04-2016),Bongley  (04-04-2016),Charlie74  (04-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (05-04-2016),Petal40  (04-04-2016),SalSA2015  (05-04-2016),Summer  (04-04-2016),tuxcat  (04-04-2016),winsor  (04-04-2016)