Up until today I was undecided about whether to do another fresh CT cycle or not.
AF arrived on Good Friday, and oh my, ouch! I'm not sure whether having a bit of extra lining on board this time has made a difference, but, ouch, ouch, ouch!!
Today I rushed into Seed the clothing shop to grab something. It was packed with shoppers darting around. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a grey knitted baby playsuit hanging up, I completely stopped in the middle of the shop, in every-ones way, and just stared at it. I could imagine my baby's arms and legs poking out of it. Right there and then I knew I had to go again. Decision made.
I've just emailed my ex asking for access to more of our money, pre legal financial settlement. He can definitely say no and there's nothing I can do about it as all the money's in his account. I feel genuinely sick waiting for a response. I know he's going to kick up a stink & I'll have to beg for it & he can still say no.
I have also just signed my solicitors contract to start doing the legal work for our financial settlement. I've put it off during IVF, as I just didn't have the emotional energy for the 'fight'. I even drove it to the post box to post it so I know I can't back out now.
I also found an egg donor I like lastnight. She's an unproven 18 y/o twin (identical so not hereditary). I've emailed the agency (to the b~tch who re-listed my ED without discussing it with me) and she usually responds asap but I haven't heard from her. I keep checking my emails every 2 minutes! I want 18 y/o eggs for Easter!!!!!
Last edited by Tahli; 26-03-2016 at 17:08.
DS just came home from his Daddy's with a bunch of flowers for me..."Blue Viruses".
Yay for starting a new cycle! I am so glad you've decided to go again hon, and hopefully this next lovely donor will be the one to give you your take home baby
If you don't mind me asking, do you think your ex-DH will be inclined to put up a fight with the money? I suppose it will come down to what you expect to get out of your settlement and what you've already taken so far out of it?
Your ex-DH seems like he's been reasonable so far, but I suppose if you're sailing close to the wind on what your share of settlement is, that could make him hesitate? How long do you think it will take to finalise settlement? If worst comes to worst you can always wait until all the dust has settled but I fully understand that you will now wanting to go full steam ahead!
I must say, that is very sweet of him to send you some flowers though. I bet your darling little boy was all aglow giving them to you
Last edited by Blossom74; 26-03-2016 at 18:43.
Congrats on your decision @Tahli. 18yo eggs should work a treat. I wonder why she wants to be a donor so young? I hope your ex is supportive - he should be as you are doing the hard yards to give his son a sibling!
PS. extra lining is ouchy! You should be safe from flooding now though.
Fantastic news on deciding to try another Cycle Luv!!!
and prayers being sent the biatch at the Agency gets back to you asap with confirmation that she can/will lock in that donor for you and that the Ex agrees to give you access to more $ also!!!!
A good haul of 18 yr old eggs would be fantabulous!! What about the DS Luv?? Will you try someone new???
Sounds as though the baby playsuit was a sign from the Universe to me!!!
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!