Closed Thread
Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @winsor The ED agency won't wait if I don't book the psyc assessment in the next 24 hours. I'm either serious about the ED or I'm not. They'll have other parties interested who can move immediately. Sometimes it's a cut throat business!
    The woman who I'm dealing with is the one who re-listed my previous ED without any consultation, despite a good 40 pieces of correspondence about me wanting to use her again. To say our current communication is frosty would be an understatement.
    Based on physical appearance I actually prefer 'my' ED's twin sister who is currently cycling for some-one else but the ED co-ordinator has just told me (diplomatically) to stop asking questions about her while she's cycling for some-one else and is pressuring me to go with the available twin. So it's purely a business decision for her.

Gosh, how bl00dy awkward for you. Have you got a preference if it came down to waiting to use the twin who is currently cycling or using the twin that has not cycled before? Personally I wouldn't be too concerned about using the one who has never cycled before. It's pretty unlikely that there will be egg issues, and she should know all about the process from talking to her sister about it. But if you think that perhaps the twin who is currently cycling might be a better match it might well be worth waiting to see if she will be re-advertised as a donor after this cycle is done?

Have you spoken to ex-DH about the money again? Any movement on that front? I have everything crossed here for you hon and I'm hoping he will come to the party and give you enough to get your next cycle done

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bah ha ha, I have just flooded the thread with Blossom Oh well, at least I'm all caught up now.

So I've been thinking.....

I've had such a strong focus on IVF/having a baby/finding a donor etc that a large part of the rest of my life has sort of fallen by the wayside. I got to thinking about it last night and you know what? I've always wanted to write a book.

So I think that's just what I'm going to do. I want to write my life story, focusing on my family, working in the quarry as the only female on site (I did that for 10 years), moving into accounting, going to uni, meeting my future DH and moving to the farm, farming life, and then relocating and the IVF journey.

What do you think? I'm a bit nervous but I think once I get started it should flow. Maybe I can be famous! Maybe I could sell my book and make some money out of it! I know it's a long time project but it's something I've always wanted to do....

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Caesardust  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Blossom74 I posted up the ad in Jan I think and first donor to contact us yesterday. We have stated tho about doing one more OE cycle and also I'm not part of the Facebook group so those two things have possibly impacted things. I'm guessing the cycle thing would definitely have. I haven't been to any meet ups yet either. its early days so I don't want to assume all this will just work out, but fingers crossed it does - or we get our own BFP next month!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Blossom74  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    @Blossom74 I posted up the ad in Jan I think and first donor to contact us yesterday. We have stated tho about doing one more OE cycle and also I'm not part of the Facebook group so those two things have possibly impacted things. I'm guessing the cycle thing would definitely have. I haven't been to any meet ups yet either. its early days so I don't want to assume all this will just work out, but fingers crossed it does - or we get our own BFP next month!

Thanks for your reply hon. I am very active on the FB page and also the forum, and I try to get onto both at least every second day. As far as meet-ups go, we can't really go to them at all. We are so remote and it would mean taking time off work which we really can't afford. Hopefully that won't hurt our chances too much. I wish our ad would hurry up and get approved! I know using a donor buys us some time but I'm pretty anxious to get the ball rolling!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),tuxcat  (31-03-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tuxcat yay! I know the admins recently posted up a stat that the average waiting time for an offer was 10 weeks (but that's if you've been to a meet up). @Blossom74 but I don't think tuxcat has been to any meet ups yet? I don't think I'd been to any meet ups when I got my first offer from a lady from NZ around the 12 week mark (had to turn her down due to some issues) and, for what it's worth, I had about 5 potential donors contact me, ranging from Perth, Blue Mountains & NZ. That's NOT to say I had 5 offers, just women expressing interest in helping.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Blossom74  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),tuxcat  (31-03-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    I don't think you're insane for wanting it to be anything other than your eggs Luv. If it's anything other than that, then it can be fixed can't it?? Sh!tty eggs can't so I can see why you're thinking/feeling that way

and prayers being sent that one way or another, this Lap will help you in getting a BFFP on your next Cycle!!!

AFM: Yes, the Ex has decided to move in with his workmate for the moment while he finds his own place in due course. He started moving stuff this afternoon and is staying over there from here on in and will be giving the RE 2 weeks notice tomorrow. Centrelink haven't finalised my claim yet (it's been almost 3 weeks) and said yesterday it would be another 2-3 weeks before it would be, so hoping it's done asap!!

Counselling is off now due to a number of reasons...mainly his behaviour over the Easter break...that demonstrated to me that he's not committed to changing his ways and frankly, I'm relieved about it all.

Looking forward to moving on to a new chapter in my life
    @Caesardust yes, I agree! You want to find something broken so you can fix it! Makes perfect sense. I had a fair bit of endo removed from my lap back in 2011, I had no idea I was suffering from it, no symptoms. BFP next cycle after that.
    @BlondeinBrisvegas sorry your ex is still being an **** but I guess at least it has clarified things for you and he is out from underneath your feet. Must be a relief.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Blossom74  (31-03-2016),Caesardust  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Blossom74 but I don't think tuxcat has been to any meet ups yet? I don't think I'd been to any meet ups when I got my first offer from a lady from NZ around the 12 week mark (had to turn her down due to some issues) and, for what it's worth, I had about 5 potential donors contact me, ranging from Perth, Blue Mountains & NZ. That's NOT to say I had 5 offers, just women expressing interest in helping.

Interesting. Logistically, how do you manage when you get 5 offers? Are you allowed to chat to all 5 people to get to know them better, or do you have to say "Well, you were the first one to offer so I'll go with you." I don't want to do the wrong thing should I ever be so lucky to have someone (or multiple people) want to help me....

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Interesting. Logistically, how do you manage when you get 5 offers? Are you allowed to chat to all 5 people to get to know them better, or do you have to say "Well, you were the first one to offer so I'll go with you." I don't want to do the wrong thing should I ever be so lucky to have someone (or multiple people) want to help me....
    @Blossom74 Well they happened one after the other. Also, you can be open and say 'I am chatting to someone at the moment but it's just chatting at this stage'. The first potential donor (PD) never really got stuck in with questions or communicating that much, so after a while I figured she wasn't too focused about it and we just talked about general stuff every once in awhile and I think she wanted to find someone more local to her in Perth.

PD2 was really serious and after a couple of weeks of emailing every day we were going to start skyping but my partner and I had decided we wouldn't be able to do it financially and we turned her down (she told me she was going to make an offer to us....I cried at that, not knowing if we'd done the right thing!). Then maybe a few days after that PD3 contacted me but that fell through after a couple of weeks (long story) then my current donor (PD4) contacted me just as PD3 fell through. THEN PD5 contacted me just before I announced on EDA that I'd found a match. *whew* Yeah, it was a very intense few weeks.
    This is probably putting off more people than encouraging!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Blossom74  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),tuxcat  (31-03-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And here I am getting excited over my PD1!!! 😳

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Blossom74  (31-03-2016),Bongley  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    @faithandhopellove, how are you going hon? Have you had any more scans lately? Hoping everything is going along well for you, DH and your little bubba
    Doing ok thanks Blossom. I still have the wobbles for want of a better term. Things get me teary very easily but I'm improving overall. Hearing all the good news coming from the ladies here is lifting my spirits though. It feels like we have all been through a bit of a winter and now it's finally spring. Time to move on and enjoy life a bit more.
    I have a progress scan this afternoon so slight nerves for that but also looking forward to seeing big bubba again (I have taken to referring to our twins as little bubba - who is obviously not growing anymore and big bubba). Uh oh teary again. Oh geez.

Anyway, I think that's a great idea about writing a book. I cannot write to save myself but love reading. Make sure you save us all a signed copy. Then we can claim bragging rights. "Ah yes, Blossom and I go way back".

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Blossom74  (31-03-2016),Bongley  (31-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (31-03-2016),Petal40  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)