Closed Thread
Page 25 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, @winsor that sounds amazing and what a confidence boost! Yay!! So much is going to happen in here over the next 6 months.
    @infinity888 Uhm, painful, mostly when the balloon inflated. Flushing the tubes was absolutely fine (although mine weren't blocked). An internal ultrasound was done first (looking for pretty much the same things as when you have a follicle scan) then the very quick Tubal Patency. I took 2 Endone and 2 Valium. Don't hesitate to take your painkillers. We're all different though remember.
    Do you have some-one to drive you home and a relaxed rest of the day planned? I was surprised by the cramping afterwards, walking to the car and driving home was a slow process.
    The scratch/biopsy wasn't painful it was the catheter that hurt...but my pain threshold has lowered recently. No idea why.
    @BlondeinBrisvegas Valium relaxes your girl bits doesn't it so your muscles aren't working against the procedure? @infinity888 do you have some Valium?
    Good luck hun, it's over quickly. xx
    Last edited by Tahli; 30-03-2016 at 20:16.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-03-2016),Blossom74  (31-03-2016),winsor  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Wow, @winsor that sounds amazing and what a confidence boost! Yay!! So much is going to happen in here over the next 6 months. @infinity888 Uhm, painful, mostly when the balloon inflated. Flushing the tubes was absolutely fine (although mine weren't blocked). An internal ultrasound was done first (looking for pretty much the same things as when you have a follicle scan) then the very quick Tubal Patency. I took 2 Endone and 2 Valium. Don't hesitate to take your painkillers. We're all different though remember. Do you have some-one to drive you home and a relaxed rest of the day planned? I was surprised by the cramping afterwards, walking to the car and driving home was a slow process.
    The scratch/biopsy wasn't painful it was the catheter that hurt...but my pain threshold has lowered recently. No idea why. @BlondeinBrisvegas Valium relaxes your girl bits doesn't it so your muscles aren't working against the procedure? @infinity888 do you have some Valium?
    Good luck hun, it's over quickly. xx
    Yes and it will relax your uterus too and help to calm down any cramping that may happen

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (31-03-2016),Tahli  (30-03-2016),winsor  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor The ED agency won't wait if I don't book the psyc assessment in the next 24 hours. I'm either serious about the ED or I'm not. They'll have other parties interested who can move immediately. Sometimes it's a cut throat business!
    The woman who I'm dealing with is the one who re-listed my previous ED without any consultation, despite a good 40 pieces of correspondence about me wanting to use her again. To say our current communication is frosty would be an understatement.
    Based on physical appearance I actually prefer 'my' ED's twin sister who is currently cycling for some-one else but the ED co-ordinator has just told me (diplomatically) to stop asking questions about her while she's cycling for some-one else and is pressuring me to go with the available twin. So it's purely a business decision for her.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-03-2016),Blossom74  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),midnite01  (30-03-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's amazing @Summer. Fab news! Nurture say they're the only ED agency who actually meet their ED's face-to-face, so at least you could get some lovely personal info on what she's like.
    What a lot going on @BlondeinBrisvegas. It sounds like it's all panning out as it should be. Yay for your ex finding a new abode. I had to make an apt and go into Centrelink personally in the end. It was taking sooooo long. It was the day before I had to pay my bond/rent in advance and I was severely desperate by that stage. You always sound like you've got your act together for what you're going through!!
    Last edited by Tahli; 30-03-2016 at 20:39.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Blossom74  (31-03-2016),Gagingi  (30-03-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @faithandhopellove, how are you going hon? Have you had any more scans lately? Hoping everything is going along well for you, DH and your little bubba

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @Blossom @Faithandhopelove @winsor &@blondeinbrisvegas thanks so much for your support and kind words ill let you know how i go tomorrow

Good luck today hon, I have everything crossed that your procedure will go by quickly and painlessly for you. Please take it easy and make sue you rest afterwards if possible. Then come back on here and let us all know how you got on

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tuxcat, I hope you don't mind a nosy question and please feel free to tell me to bugger off if this is too personal...

I was just wondering how long it took from posting your advertisement on EDA to find a potential donor?

I understand it's different for everyone but I'm just curious

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    @Tahli I have my fingers crossed that everything falls into place for you!

Either way I'm sure it will work out fine with my donor, they've taken her profile down and emailed it to me so they must be talking to her about it and they did say they've put her on hold for me for the moment. So I'll see what happens! I'm not completely attached to having her, but everything matched so well and she looked like me as a child, so I thought, why not ask the question?

How exciting @Summer! I'm sorry if I've missed this previously but have you now decided to go the ED route rather than an OE cycle? Or are you planning on doing one last OE cycle before proceeding with SA?

I am so excited for you! FINALLY something is happening for you! We will all be waiting with baited breath once you're PUPO!
    Last edited by Blossom74; 31-03-2016 at 07:35.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

greenicecream  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Hi ladies so many exciting things happening. Im just back from the gym and my ot session ouch im sore. Came home to frittata made with lots of green vegies. Im wkg tomorrow i usually have thursdays off but need the extra money now.

Yup, I hear that! As an accountant our work sort of ebbs and flows. March and early April are traditionally quiet so I've not had much work on. Considering I need to be doing about 18 hours a week in order for us to make ends meet that's a bit of a worry. DH talks about me finding more work and I've been trying to tell him it will all be ok - after June ticks over there will be LOADS of work available We just have to bide our time.

Meanwhile, the personal assistant of DH's boss has just announced her retirement. Among other jobs which have all been reallocated to other employees she also does the personal typing of documents for him. These are usually highly private in nature and DH's boss was wondering who might be able to take that over now. DH has put his hand up on behalf of me and said I would be happy to type up whatever he needed as long as it was on a casual basis and could fit in around my existing job. I'm stoked with that! I actually love typing and am pretty good at it, so now there is talk about perhaps doing the Quality Assurance manual and things like that. Even if I only get three hours a week it will cover our loan repayments so I'm pretty happy!

I hope your day goes by quickly for you hon
    Last edited by Blossom74; 31-03-2016 at 07:36.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Caesardust  (31-03-2016),Chiefsgirl  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),Gagingi  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    AFM: Yes, the Ex has decided to move in with his workmate for the moment while he finds his own place in due course. He started moving stuff this afternoon and is staying over there from here on in and will be giving the RE 2 weeks notice tomorrow. Centrelink haven't finalised my claim yet (it's been almost 3 weeks) and said yesterday it would be another 2-3 weeks before it would be, so hoping it's done asap!!

Counselling is off now due to a number of reasons...mainly his behaviour over the Easter break...that demonstrated to me that he's not committed to changing his ways and frankly, I'm relieved about it all.

Looking forward to moving on to a new chapter in my life

I bet you are hon. And I'm so glad your ex-DP has finally moved out. I don't think it matters if you are the dump-er or the dump-ee in the relationship, once it's been severed you really do need your own space to find your feet again and begin to move forward.

I'm sorry he was being a bit tricky with you over Easter. This is the thing - people can only hide their true colors for a certain period of time before they revert back to their usual ways. It's all well and good to say "I've changed, I'll do better" but another thing entirely to actually carry through with it. I am sure that in being difficult with you he did nothing but cement your feelings that it's time to move on. At least now you will have the space to do that

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)