Closed Thread
Page 21 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Windsor hi ☺ i would be leaning more towards a younger donor that already has children because what if you did share the eggs from your friends donation and you fell pregnant and she didn't. How do you think she might handle a situation like that? It could cause problems with relationships. But i dont know her obviously so Im sure all that would be discussed prior. Its really nice she offered, a guy my work did ivf with his wife to get their child. She has offered to donate for me too which is sweet. I have the same concern as you when they arr teenagers but your right, they will always find some reason to hate you! All you can do is bring them up to be balanced and know they are loved and wanted. Goodluck

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-03-2016),Blossom74  (30-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (30-03-2016),Lolly99  (30-03-2016),winsor  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks @JulieMalooley & @ECM1981 yes, I think it's too close & complicated with her. she's lovely to offer but I think she really wants her own family (& after breaking up with DP's cousin she thinks this is further away now). I mentioned to her it's usually <35 with own family already and what would happen if we got pg but her eggs didn't work later (I mentioned the risk of the 1cell unfertilised eggs not defrosting properly yet). DP said she was just being emotional when she offered. I must admit my eyes did light up for a second when the possibility was raised, but then my logical mind kicked in with the complexities. I said I'm happy to help her with any ivf questions/cycles if she wants to save her eggs.

thanks, I didn't realise about the future contact option at CT. I'll look into this more tonight once work finishes. DP was keen on a holiday to CT. yes, all we can do is love them of course.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-03-2016),Blossom74  (30-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's just Nurture who ask their egg donor's about future contact.
    http://www.nurture.co.za/

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-03-2016),Blossom74  (30-03-2016),winsor  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    thanks @JulieMalooley & @ECM1981 yes, I think it's too close & complicated with her. she's lovely to offer but I think she really wants her own family (& after breaking up with DP's cousin she thinks this is further away now). I mentioned to her it's usually <35 with own family already and what would happen if we got pg but her eggs didn't work later (I mentioned the risk of the 1cell unfertilised eggs not defrosting properly yet). DP said she was just being emotional when she offered. I must admit my eyes did light up for a second when the possibility was raised, but then my logical mind kicked in with the complexities. I said I'm happy to help her with any ivf questions/cycles if she wants to save her eggs.

thanks, I didn't realise about the future contact option at CT. I'll look into this more tonight once work finishes. DP was keen on a holiday to CT. yes, all we can do is love them of course.
    Good point @Tahli.
    Just on the 1 cell egg freezing @winsor, my first cycle being an egg freeze I had 10 frozen, 8 actually defrosted but of those I only ended up with 2 x 3 day embies for transfer. I think the defrost rate is not too bad, but the final embie rate ended up a bit lower than it did for all my other cycles. Really, thats a 20% embie rate and on other EPUs I had 30-50%. Not a huge difference but maybe the quality is slightly affected and if I had to do it again (single, getting older, whatever) and no other options, I'd still tell people to do it, but do it ASAP.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-03-2016),Blossom74  (30-03-2016),Tahli  (30-03-2016),winsor  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks JM. that's good to know. and thanks Tahli for the Nurture link/info. lots of research for me to do

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    I think it's just Nurture who ask their egg donor's about future contact.
    http://www.nurture.co.za/
    And gift of life did too when i picked our last donor.
    @Windsor i have recently signed up to egg donor australia just to see. The girl that offered to donate for me recommended i do because she said there are lots of women all in different circumstances offering to donate. She is going to offer herbeggs once she has had her family. Its just an option to keep in the back of your mind as i know you have had a tough time lately xx

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-03-2016),Blossom74  (30-03-2016),winsor  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-03-2016),winsor  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    And gift of life did too when i picked our last donor.
    @Windsor i have recently signed up to egg donor australia just to see. The girl that offered to donate for me recommended i do because she said there are lots of women all in different circumstances offering to donate. She is going to offer herbeggs once she has had her family. Its just an option to keep in the back of your mind as i know you have had a tough time lately xx

thanks. yes, I wish we'd been luckier with our last embryo/Gracie and didn't have to think about all this now. I've signed up on EDA also but haven't posted yet. I've still been a bit vague/hard to concentrate, so will go through things slowly and work out the best option for us. thanks for the tips

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-03-2016),Blossom74  (30-03-2016),ECM1981  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @Tahli, you're a gem

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-03-2016),Tahli  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Blossom74 Uhm, I'm running a marathon hun. I think you referred to me as a tortoise. I'll just keep plodding along. But it is lovely to have renewed hope with a possible new donor.
    Today's result was bittersweet. While it's fab to be healthy of course, it still doesn't give me any answers as to why my embryos implant and then stop at 13dpo. Frustrating really.
    You must also have an exciting renewed sense of optimism?

Definitely NOT referring to you as a tortoise hon! On the contrary, I have a feeling in my waters that this board has a lot of good news about to come our way. So many of us are gearing up for new cycles and considering new options, and my instinct is that there might well be a big flux of BFP's heading our way. I count on YOU being one of those BFP's hon!

I know you're probably worried about those tests you had not turning up anything, but I honestly do wonder if that is because there is nothing to uncover in the first place. I know you said your donor has had successful pregnancies as a result of her donations in the past but anyone can have a dud cycle.

I am placing all my money on the bet that you, unfortunately, were the recipient of a very generous person who unwittingly produced some crappy, crappy eggs. It is the only obvious explanation to be honest. If you had never had a child before then I could perhaps entertain the idea that maybe you just weren't designed to grow a baby but you HAVE had a child - your beautiful DS - so we know your body can do it! I really do lay the blame on those eggs, and have every faith that your next donor will give you your take home baby.

AFM, YES. I am very excited, very optimistic, and also a tiny bit scared/nervous about the whole ED process. But I really feel that this is the right path for us, and I am quite certain that if we can find a nice donor to help us I will hold my baby in my arms one day

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (30-03-2016),Gagingi  (30-03-2016),Summer  (30-03-2016),Tahli  (30-03-2016),tuxcat  (30-03-2016),winsor  (30-03-2016)