Closed Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 967
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,689
    Thanks
    1,539
    Thanked
    5,797
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    F

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,647
    Thanks
    28,192
    Thanked
    14,092
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    What recipe do you use @Blossom74???

    Preheat oven to 240 degrees.

    Into a large bowl:
    500g SR Flour
    110g Margarine
    50g Caster Sugar

    Gently rub in the butter until flour/sugar resembles fine breadcrumbs.

    Dig a well in the centre and pour in 300mls cold milk.

    Use a spatula to very gently scrape the flour from the outside of the bowl into the middle. Once it is barely together (and you need a very light hand with your 'mixing') tip out onto a pre-floured benchtop. Gently bring it all together with your hands and give it a very light knead - two or three kneads only.

    Pat out to about an inch thick and cut scones out with cutter. Place onto a greased tray and baste each scone with milk.

    Into the oven for 15 minutes and you're done!

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016),Chiefsgirl  (26-03-2016),Precious40  (27-03-2016)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,305
    Thanks
    2,804
    Thanked
    3,075
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Thanks love! They went down a treat DH was very impressed!
    Scones can be a bit tricky to make, so hats off for your awesome effort.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016),Blossom74  (26-03-2016),Precious40  (27-03-2016)

  6. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,878
    Thanks
    36,140
    Thanked
    20,157
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Preheat oven to 240 degrees.

    Into a large bowl:
    500g SR Flour
    110g Margarine
    50g Caster Sugar

    Gently rub in the butter until flour/sugar resembles fine breadcrumbs.

    Dig a well in the centre and pour in 300mls cold milk.

    Use a spatula to very gently scrape the flour from the outside of the bowl into the middle. Once it is barely together (and you need a very light hand with your 'mixing') tip out onto a pre-floured benchtop. Gently bring it all together with your hands and give it a very light knead - two or three kneads only.

    Pat out to about an inch thick and cut scones out with cutter. Place onto a greased tray and baste each scone with milk.

    Into the oven for 15 minutes and you're done!
    Thanks Luv😊

    Will give them a go😊 I'm working on my "scone skills" as they're a weakness in my baking armour so am trying hard to get them right.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (26-03-2016),Precious40  (27-03-2016)

  8. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,647
    Thanks
    28,192
    Thanked
    14,092
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Thanks Luv������

    Will give them a go������ I'm working on my "scone skills" as they're a weakness in my baking armour so am trying hard to get them right.

    I used to have trouble with them too. In the end I found the less you handle them and the gentler you are with them, the lighter the texture in the end.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016),Gagingi  (26-03-2016),Precious40  (27-03-2016)

  10. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    440
    Thanks
    894
    Thanked
    1,327
    Reviews
    0
    My husband would have married you @Blossom74 if he knew you could make scones like that. I will try the recipe though. Thanks for sharing!!

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016),Blossom74  (26-03-2016),Precious40  (27-03-2016)

  12. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Thanks
    7,221
    Thanked
    13,566
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Thanks love! They went down a treat DH was very impressed!

    Is that because they look like (delicious) boobs?!!

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016),Blossom74  (26-03-2016),Bongley  (26-03-2016),Lolly99  (26-03-2016),Precious40  (27-03-2016)

  14. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,647
    Thanks
    28,192
    Thanked
    14,092
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly99 View Post
    My husband would have married you @Blossom74 if he knew you could make scones like that. I will try the recipe though. Thanks for sharing!!

    Bah ha ha, I can barely cope with the husband I have! Still, he is a happy camper today so that's good!

    Do have a go with them. Aside from my first batch which failed miserably and ended in tears (I over-kneaded - a rookie mistake!) the recipe has never failed me.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016),Lolly99  (26-03-2016),Precious40  (27-03-2016)

  16. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,647
    Thanks
    28,192
    Thanked
    14,092
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Is that because they look like (delicious) boobs?!!

    Tee hee, that would certainly get my DH's attention

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016),Precious40  (27-03-2016)

  18. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Thanks
    7,221
    Thanked
    13,566
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I used to have trouble with them too. In the end I found the less you handle them and the gentler you are with them, the lighter the texture in the end.

    Uhm....need I say more....

  19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2016),Blossom74  (26-03-2016),ECM1981  (26-03-2016),Gagingi  (26-03-2016),Lolly99  (26-03-2016),Precious40  (27-03-2016)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Little Rugby NSW
Catch, weave, chase, run, but most of all have FUN! Little Rugby runs a NSW network of fun, safe and non-contact footy classes for BOYS and GIRLS aged 2yrs – 7th birthday.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!