Closed Thread
Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    My 4 blasts have all been day 6 though I believe. I don't think getting to a blast means much for me though. Dp is ok with de because he isn't that fussed about kids either way. He has three of his own plus I pay for all of the ivf so he's pretty disconnected. Don't get me wrong though he is very supportive of me which helps a lot. As I'm going with a new FS for this last oe cycle I know he wants to have a go and maybe he'll say something else after the lap. I can make a final decision then I guess except I have to pay for it all on Friday when I start on the Synarel. I'll ask then what happens if I have to cancel after the lap. I'm sorry if I seem all over the place. I shouldn't be playing out the decision on here as I know that I maybe have more choices than some of you. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone.
    WTF?? Don't you dare apologise for coming in here to ask for help/sounding board for your thoughts &feelings!!!

We are here to offer support/guidance to one another regardless of whatever circumstances we find ourselves in ok Luv??

That's why we're such a frucking great group of Lovelies!!! We all understand & we all "get it" (some more than others) regardless of where we're at xoxo

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),MamaKes  (30-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladies I'm in a dilemma. I'm seriously wondering if it is even worth doing this last oe cycle. It will be the first time I've done Pgd but I figure if I'd had any normal embies (7) they'd have worked by now. I will also be having my first laparoscopy. If you were me would you bother throwing 8+k down the drain on a last ditch oe cycle to draw a line in the sand? I won't be able to afford a de cycle until probably next year at least so it's kind of one or the other. I hadn't got to de in my mind or do I think I'm emotionally really ready to give up on my oe but I am figuring it's better to put my money where I'm going to have more of a chance of success. I am in all sorts of anxiety and stress and no one option seems better than the other.

Holy heck my BH is playing up today. You'll probably get six of these messages from me!

Anyway...my two cents for what it's worth.

As someone who did one final round of OE and at the time thought "At least if I do one more round I won't die knowing I didn't give it a good try".....

3 eggs, 1 fertilised, 1 BFN and $6,500 down the drain later

Honestly, that money could have been so much better spent. It could have paid for half a DE cycle, or decorated a nursery.

This is an entirely personal decision of course and if you think you stand a good chance, then go for it! Me personally, no feckin' chance it was going to work and I don't know why I pushed it so hard. The switch from OE to DE was actually very easy in the end. Deciding was the hard part, but once the decision was made things fell into place quite quickly.
    Last edited by Blossom74; 28-03-2016 at 14:25.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Apologies for so many posts this morning. I feel like I'm just catching up on where every-one's at!

@BlondeinBrisvegas or any of the other girls, could you please throw your 2 cents worth in on what meds I should be taking. I've just enjoyed 3 glorious days of no meds. Hallelujah!! But then yesterday got that chronic headache, requiring Codeine. So today I'm being more responsible and figuring my meds out for the interim period between now and starting a new ED cycle (hopefully!)...

Definitely take:
    Women's multivitamin and 5-MTHF (active form of folic acid)

Should I take:
    B6, B12, Vitamin E, Co-Q10

Really not sure about:
    Caltrate - it helps offset the side-effects of steroids but I'm not on Pred or Dex right now
    Astrix (baby aspirin) - to thin my blood but I don't take Clexane until actively in a cycle so why would I take Astrix now for the same purpose?
    Metformin - I'd need to ask Dr M about that one ( @Bongley did you take it when not actively cycling?)
    Hi gals I've been reading along, just been too slow to post

I took metformin all the while I was trying to conceive. So when cycling and in between.

Is caltrate just a high dose of vitamin D? I take vit D (1000iu) as tests show I was pretty deficient despite spending enough time in the sun. Figure it can't hurt to keep that up.
    Last edited by Bongley; 28-03-2016 at 16:14.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 4 blasts have all been day 6 though I believe. I don't think getting to a blast means much for me though. Dp is ok with de because he isn't that fussed about kids either way. He has three of his own plus I pay for all of the ivf so he's pretty disconnected. Don't get me wrong though he is very supportive of me which helps a lot. As I'm going with a new FS for this last oe cycle I know he wants to have a go and maybe he'll say something else after the lap. I can make a final decision then I guess except I have to pay for it all on Friday when I start on the Synarel. I'll ask then what happens if I have to cancel after the lap. I'm sorry if I seem all over the place. I shouldn't be playing out the decision on here as I know that I maybe have more choices than some of you. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone.
    how old are you @Caesardust?

FWIW i wouldnt be too concerned about day 5 / 6 embies as they both can work, @Bongley is a good example of that as her son was an early blast on day 5. Ive gotten "great blasts" which haven't worked so nobody can really tell without testing them. Do the cycle, decide if you want to PGD maybe as that will reduce the price and you can transfer anyway - as tahli said you might aswell just transfer and see if it works. If this is your last go with OE just put any embies you get in and cross your fingers and toes. my 2c

oh and please dont apologise!! Im with blonde - thats what we're here for

eta - the other thing is that because you are having a lap, it may help - you are potentially changing something so it might make a difference.
    Last edited by tuxcat; 28-03-2016 at 14:29.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Bongley  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDa View Post
    So it looks like DP has officially stopped taking his supplements, I'm so angry I don't think I can get past this I feel in my heart this relationship is over. Up yours IVF!

Seriously love, that is just BS. My DH has been taking his multi vitamins for over a year now. He's still on them knowing a DE cycle is in our future (hopefully) and he needs healthy sperm for that. Plus, it's for his own health. After everything you go through for this it really p!sses me off he can't do that for you. You have every right to be mad. I'm mad on your behalf!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),MissDa  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Please everyone give your loved ones a big hug today and let them know you care. I just found out one of my co-workers died of a sudden heart attack on Saturday, leaving behind a wife and child. He was the nicest man and I am in shock and devastated for his family, they were his everything and he was always talking about how much they meant to him������

Oh, that's so sad

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Chiefsgirl  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Tahli;8440753]@BlondeinBrisvegas I'm with you. The only time I've fallen pregnant and seen it through to a live baby my diet wasn't as it should have been at all. And if I'm being genuinely honest, I think it makes Jack of a difference./QUOTE]

YES! License to eat cake!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    WTF?? Don't you dare apologise for coming in here to ask for help/sounding board for your thoughts &feelings!!!

We are here to offer support/guidance to one another regardless of whatever circumstances we find ourselves in ok Luv??

Fully agree with this The main reason we are all here is to give and get support from people who are going through the same shiz as we are and who truly understand.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #29

Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    how old are you @Caesardust?

FWIW i wouldnt be too concerned about day 5 / 6 embies as they both can work, @Bongley is a good example of that as her son was an early blast on day 5. Ive gotten "great blasts" which haven't worked so nobody can really tell without testing them. Do the cycle, decide if you want to PGD maybe as that will reduce the price and you can transfer anyway - as tahli said you might aswell just transfer and see if it works. If this is your last go with OE just put any embies you get in and cross your fingers and toes. my 2c

oh and please dont apologise!! Im with blonde - thats what we're here for

eta - the other thing is that because you are having a lap, it may help - you are potentially changing something so it might make a difference.
    I'm 38 and have done 3 stims. 27 eggs collected, 3 fresh transfers, 4 frozen blasts, 2 single fets and 1 det. That was all on low dose stims because I was with a low cost clinic. This last oe cycle is with a full cost clinic and he plans to give me a higher dose and a combo of two different stim drugs.

I have high nkc, mthfr mutations and lining issues. I have no idea if it's my eggs, my oven or my immune issues that are preventing me from getting pregnant.
    Last edited by Caesardust; 28-03-2016 at 15:03.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),calypso75  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #29

***Please don't quote as I'll edit later***

Sorry I've not been online to do personal posts everyone, I just caught up on a few days of reading, so I'm up to date, just not doing individual replies.

AFM my weekend has been awesome! DH and I are SO so good we are back to being really close again and it is brilliant. I so hoped that once we had a chance to spend some quality time together all the crap would drop away and it has. We didn't have DSS all through Easter and I know it sounds awful, but it was a blessing for our relationship. We took the boat out, we camped on the beach, we talked around the campfire, we snuggled, we made love under the stars, drank wine, ate chocolate and connected like we used to. Thank goodness I have my husband back!

So. Decisions are made And I have more than one to make!! DE is on and August is the month. DH is putting on two new managers at work and training them up so that he can take holidays properly. He's still looking at selling his business but that likely won't happen quickly, but at least he's getting things in place to be able to go away. I have chosen my SA donor - 21 years old with two children - but seeing as August is longer than three months away I'm not sure if I can reserve her. I'll be asking that question though, as I can figure out the dates as to exactly when we'll be there, so hopefully they will let me reserve her! So I'm starting down that path of planning for August.

Then I logged on to my computer today and my friend who offered me her eggs last year has contacted me again and said the offer is still open! I had sent her all the info about what happens and I thought that put her off, so I didn't mention it again because she didn't. Now she's opened that door again, so I will pursue it properly now and stop hesitating. She's back in Australia in two months so she could do a cycle for me in June. We said we'd Skype next week and work it through, so she would be my first choice, but if the timing isn't going to work or if it looks too difficult then we'll head straight to SA in August!

I'm still thinking about OE and was it @Caesardust who's questioning whether to do one last OE cycle or just put the money towards DE? I'm in that boat right now. I was with Wazza and got so, so sick on the meds and did four full stim cycles and three medicated cycles and only ever got one follie. So every fibre of my being does not want to do an OE cycle as I know what it costs me in terms of health and sanity. It's still there as a possibility, but I'm much more excited about a DE baby now, as that seems much more realistic. So I still have that to decide about, but regardless, the movement towards a take-home baby is underway!

DH and I also talked again about adoption and how much we both want that as well, so I'll be making moves there too, although I think we need to finish our journey to have a child first before we officially apply. But I'll get all the info about international adoption and start getting out ducks in a row for that too. Ideally we can see ourselves with four children plus DSS, so now we need to make that happen :-)

So good news here and I'm feeling very optimistic about it all :-)
    Last edited by Summer; 28-03-2016 at 15:09.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),calypso75  (28-03-2016),Countrygirl72  (30-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (29-03-2016),Gagingi  (29-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)