Closed Thread
Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @BlondeinBrisvegas, thanks for ur reply. I do remember you telling me about ur mum last year. Am sorry for your loss. And you did a great thing giving up smoking when you did. Your lungs will have done a lot of repairing and regenerating since you stopped. My Granpa stopped at 50 & lived till 94!

my dad literally hasn't seen a doctor in 15ish years! Touch wood, apart from his smoking he has barely been sick a day in his life! He doesn't take a single tablet or medication, which at 70 is almost a miracle these days. So this is literally the first step towards any kind of medical intervention. Until the past week or two he has been 'ok', breathing hasn't been fab but still ok. It's just the last few days that he hasn't been good & couldn't even walk to the Backdoor from the lounge. My mum is a nurse, and so he doesn't really need any other kind of help, he basically just needs to accept that he needs to see a doctor and probably get on some antibiotics, maybe steroids and some bronchodilators. And I think he's finally accepted that. I'm hoping it'll make all the difference. People can live with COPD as long as they stop bloody smoking & get help. I'm trying to be positive anyway! Last nite I cried for nearly an hour with DP, the uncontrollable kind of crying that just wouldn't stop.. Then I had a few little whisky & drys to calm myself down again (well I am Scottish & we consider it to be the 'water of life' so technically it was medicinal! ������)..
    Aaaaand My head is thumping today!

Sorry Luv, for some reason I thought he had severe emphysema (which I know emphysema is under the COPD umbrella) to the point he needed an oxygen mask/tank etc???

Speaking of oxygen, maybe oxygen therapy might be of some assistance to him too?? He sounds like he's the stubborn type!! Thankfully he is in good hands having 2 nurses to keep him in line!!

Yes, am sure the GP will be able to prescribe those meds which will make all the difference and help to prevent/control some of the symptoms Has he stopped smoking??? Gawd, I hope so!!

I know how upsetting/distressing it is seeing someone you love more than life itself struggling to walk and to breathe etc With you and your Mum on the case, he'll probably live until he's 100!!!

Good on you for having a few medicinal scotches!! I would've had a headache as well if it were me being the 2 pot screamer I am these days!!! Thanks for your kind words about my Mum too. I think about her and miss her every single day. It still stings that she never got to see/meet/know my DD

I believe she can see her/all of us from wherever her soul is now in the Universe.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Charlie74  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Oh loves aren't you gorgeous! I might've had a salad but I probably went home and cried myself into a bottle of wine and ate a take away! I can go a few weeks being good then I get upset and it all goes to pot. I really wonder what my eggs have been up to the last few months. I think they'll have shrivelled up just like my period seems to have. @Tahli my gut tells me oe is never going to work because of all the damage I've done to my body drinking and smoking through my twenties and early thirties.
    and theres that infertility guilt right there!! I too was doing all that stuff in my twenties and early thirties plus some - so those things cross my mind all the time. A great friend of mine got pregnant at 39 (almost 40) and was binge drinking for about a week as she was on holidays and didn't know - she was there with me for most of my twenties doing all the same bad things, probably worse as she can drink like a fish.

As long as you had fun doing all that and lived to tell the tales then thats the main thing!! I know I did

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Bongley  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    and theres that infertility guilt right there!! I too was doing all that stuff in my twenties and early thirties plus some - so those things cross my mind all the time. A great friend of mine got pregnant at 39 (almost 40) and was binge drinking for about a week as she was on holidays and didn't know - she was there with me for most of my twenties doing all the same bad things, probably worse as she can drink like a fish.

As long as you had fun doing all that and lived to tell the tales then thats the main thing!! I know I did

I did a hell of a lot worse than drinking and smoking I can tell you that!!!

I never had IVF Guilt over it though?? I always put it down to my crappy old eggs and not so stellar sperm (seeing as TESA'd sperm isn't fully mature) being the reason we were pushing sh!t uphill trying to get a BFFP not my decades of partying!!!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Gagingi  (29-03-2016),Petal40  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Good point for the immune girls (uhm, if I'm one of those, are there foods which flare things up?!).
    My IVF nurse said to me studies have shown stress pre-conception makes no difference to your chance of falling pregnant. It's post conception that makes a difference. You're my case in point. I'm so sorry you had to experience losing your Mum while cycling and pregnant.
    A super conservative Catholic 90 year old relative with no children gave me some sage advice on how to fall pregnant naturally "Just eat some honey dear, and bonk!!...you'll fall pregnant straight away." Uhm, we're pretty confident she didn't know what "bonk" was slang for. I think she used "bonk" in a "hey presto" kind of way.
    Apparently there are "anti inflammation diets" you can follow. Here's a shameless copy and paste of something I just pulled off the net but will do some more in depth research shortly.

Other things one can do at home are to start an anti-inflammatory diet, i.e. stop eating gluten, dairy and sugar which cause the immune system to flair up. Start anti-inflammatory supplements such as high doses of fish oil (6 capsules per day). Dr. Braverman recommends Maxi-Flavone. Limit exercise during treatment cycles (exercise causes and inflammatory state in the body). Though exercise outside of treatment cycles as over long term, exercise reduces inflammation. Use any relaxation methods. Eat/take antioxidants which reduce radical oxygen species (ROS). ROS are created by inflammation and cause destruction in the body.

I don't know if these foods/this diet have any truth/scientific proof behind them but I reckon if I did have immune issues I would've given the recommendations a try just to see if it made any kind of difference much the same as some Lovelies try Acupuncture etc.

In saying that, I'd frucking starve on that diet!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 28-03-2016 at 13:24.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @tuxcat Sorry, I should have added that I don't drink (for the last few years), have never smoked or drunk tea or coffee or done recreational drugs and rarely eat take-away food. So my 'not healthy' approach has a lot of vices (pleasures) taken out of the equation as my starting point. Pretty boring girl hey?!! Although it may go some way to explaining my chocolate addiction!!!
    I think we just have old eggs girls...let yourselves out of the sh~tty IVF past life guilty cycle of thoughts. It does you no good. You just can't do much about your old eggs except the basic stuff...Vit E, Q10 etc. It all sounds like we lived a fairly normal life through our 20s!! (Except @BlondeinBrisvegas you've got me wondering?!!)
    Last edited by Tahli; 28-03-2016 at 13:29.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Chiefsgirl  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Here's another link showing some of the inflammatory foods to avoid and basic/alkaline foods etc to eat:

http://www.novaivf.com/eating.htm

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (28-03-2016),ECM1981  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas I'm on board with the limited exercise idea. But no gluten, diary, sugar (gasp...that's chocolate!). If I was incredibly disciplined I would definitely significantly reduce those things as I know they're not great for us anyway, and I do try during an IVF cycle. I think the quick fix solution is 1000mg of Metformin and throw up alot!!!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Caesardust If that's what your gut is telling you then save your $8,000 and put it towards DE. Maybe still have the lap though. Is DP on board with DE?
    (I'm trying reverse psychology because I'm pretty sure you're going to do a final OE cycle.)
    PS: I'm jealous of your OE blasts!!
    Last edited by Tahli; 28-03-2016 at 14:02.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @BlondeinBrisvegas I'm on board with the limited exercise idea. But no gluten, diary, sugar (gasp...that's chocolate!). If I was incredibly disciplined I would definitely significantly reduce those things as I know they're not great for us anyway, and I do try during an IVF cycle. I think the quick fix solution is 1000mg of Metformin and throw up alot!!!
    You're healthy enough Luv from what I just read in you previous post!!

Chocolate is your only vice FFS's!!!😉😁 If taking Metformin means you can have your chocolate & eat it too knowing that riding the porcelain bus is the price you have to pay then I say go for it!!!😁😁😁

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Caesardust If your gut is telling you that then save your $8,000 and put it towards DE. Maybe still have the lap though. Is DP on board with DE?
    (I'm trying reverse psychology because I'm pretty sure you're going to do a final OE cycle.)
    PS: I'm bl~~dy jealous of your OE blasts!!
    My 4 blasts have all been day 6 though I believe. I don't think getting to a blast means much for me though. Dp is ok with de because he isn't that fussed about kids either way. He has three of his own plus I pay for all of the ivf so he's pretty disconnected. Don't get me wrong though he is very supportive of me which helps a lot. As I'm going with a new FS for this last oe cycle I know he wants to have a go and maybe he'll say something else after the lap. I can make a final decision then I guess except I have to pay for it all on Friday when I start on the Synarel. I'll ask then what happens if I have to cancel after the lap. I'm sorry if I seem all over the place. I shouldn't be playing out the decision on here as I know that I maybe have more choices than some of you. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Charlie74  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)