Closed Thread
Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Caesardust I have sent you a PM.
    That's a really tricky one when you're still producing blasts. I think it's a little bit tricky for the reason you mentioned. I'm going to play devil's advocate. I don't think PGD really makes too much a difference if it's your final OE cycle. You could have transferred them and POAS before you actually get the PGD results. And you could have saved your $1,500....or you can spend the $1,500 and try and get some answers.
    If you're not doing another OE cycle after this one then PGD doesn't change too much. Other than possibly getting an answer as to why it's not working with your OEs. If you don't get PGD normals then it may let you off the hook emotionally with your OEs and allow you to move forward with DEs knowing you've done all you can. But how would you feel if they came back normal and they still don't stick? (not that I'm wishing that on you in a million years) Tempted to do another OE cycle?
    It's the lap that could change things, esp if NL (if it's him doing it) finds something that can be 'fixed'. A lap would be handy even if you were going to do DE as it may pick up on something that effects implantation and maintaining a pregnancy.
    Do you have a gut instinct? I know how difficult the decision is when finances have to start coming into play.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Caesardust im similar we are doing final oe cycle shortly i dont get many eggs last cycle we had 6 eggs 3 fertilised and fortunate to have 2 grow to blast but both fets failed 2 x mc. Previous cycles have been day 3 transfers. I wonder if i paid the 1500 to get them tested they would have come back abnormal.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 I have sent you a pm through Facebook about dr braverman with the names of a couple of ladies who might be able to help you out with info.

I'm so sorry about your dad. I'm an ex-smoker myself and know I've probably done damage.
    @MissDa I'm peeved off with your DH on your behalf, it's not hard to take a few pills ffs!
    @Caesardust for what it's worth I would probably do another oe cycle with pgd, that way you will definitively know whether your eggs are good, you won't have any what ifs.

Please everyone give your loved ones a big hug today and let them know you care. I just found out one of my co-workers died of a sudden heart attack on Saturday, leaving behind a wife and child. He was the nicest man and I am in shock and devastated for his family, they were his everything and he was always talking about how much they meant to him😪

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Charlie74  (28-03-2016),Gagingi  (29-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    The main thing is you've been taking all the supplements IMO Luv.

On my BFFP Cycle I drank as many cups of tea as I wanted, ate chocolate when I wanted etc, etc. I was 75-85% eating well and 20-25% eating sh!t!!! If you decide to do another OE then just up the protein etc and get into whatever "IVF Food Mode" you follow
    I've met @Caesardust in person and she's flipping healthy!! I'm pretty sure she's the only one of us who ordered a salad. She glows with inner health! (I imagine @Summer looks pretty similiar!!)
    And @BlondeinBrisvegas I'm with you. The only time I've fallen pregnant and seen it through to a live baby my diet wasn't as it should have been at all. And if I'm being genuinely honest, I think it makes Jack of a difference. I know that goes against what a lot of people believe and I don't mean to cause offense. I've done the healthy, acupuncture, pineapples, standing on your head after s~x approach and it didn't work for me. The insane amounts of work stress and following the Chocoholics Diet worked better.
    @Summer I hope things are going well with DH this weekend. xx
    @Chiefsgirl I'm so very sorry for your loss. How sad for his family too. Massive hugs, .
    Last edited by Tahli; 28-03-2016 at 12:27.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Chiefsgirl  (28-03-2016),midnite01  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    @Charlie74 I have sent you a pm through Facebook about dr braverman with the names of a couple of ladies who might be able to help you out with info.

I'm so sorry about your dad. I'm an ex-smoker myself and know I've probably done damage.
    @MissDa I'm peeved off with your DH on your behalf, it's not hard to take a few pills ffs!
    @Caesardust for what it's worth I would probably do another oe cycle with pgd, that way you will definitively know whether your eggs are good, you won't have any what ifs.

Please everyone give your loved ones a big hug today and let them know you care. I just found out one of my co-workers died of a sudden heart attack on Saturday, leaving behind a wife and child. He was the nicest man and I am in shock and devastated for his family, they were his everything and he was always talking about how much they meant to him😪
    Oh fruck Luv that's so bloody sad!!😦

Condolences to you & his family & friendsxoxo

P.S...Sudden, unexpected deaths like this always drive the message home to me about how short life really is & that it can be over in an instant sometimes as well.

Makes me grateful for my life, my family & friends.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Chiefsgirl  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    I've met @Caesardust in person and she's flipping healthy!! I'm pretty sure she's the only one of us who ordered a salad. She glows with inner health! (I imagine @Summer looks pretty similiar!!)
    And @BlondeinBrisvegas I'm with you. The only time I've fallen pregnant and seen it through to a live baby my diet wasn't as it should have been at all. And if I'm being genuinely honest, I think it makes Jack of a difference. I know that goes against what a lot of people believe and I don't mean to cause offense. I've done the healthy, acupuncture, pineapples, standing on your head after s~x approach and it didn't work for me. The insane amounts of work stress and following the Chocoholics Diet worked better. @Summer I hope things are going well with DH this weekend. xx
    Agree Luv!!😊

I was stressed out of my mind with my Mum going through all the cancer bullsh!t & microwave ablation etc when I was Cycling/after transfer then she was dying while I was pregnant so it was "Stress Central" for me at the time.

I also think that considering your eggs are 3 months in the making, fat lot of good it does you to go on a health kick when you're Cycling etc as it's too late by then.

I can understand the dietary changes for the Lovelies with known immune issues etc as the last thing you'd want to do is to be eating/drinking foods that might flare things up.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good point for the immune girls (uhm, if I'm one of those, are there foods which flare things up?!).
    My IVF nurse said to me studies have shown stress pre-conception makes no difference to your chance of falling pregnant. It's post conception that makes a difference. You're my case in point. I'm so sorry you had to experience losing your Mum while cycling and pregnant.
    A super conservative Catholic 90 year old relative with no children gave me some sage advice on how to fall pregnant naturally "Just eat some honey dear, and bonk!!...you'll fall pregnant straight away." Uhm, we're pretty confident she didn't know what "bonk" was slang for. I think she used "bonk" in a "hey presto" kind of way.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Bongley  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @BlondeinBrisvegas, thanks for ur reply. I do remember you telling me about ur mum last year. Am sorry for your loss. And you did a great thing giving up smoking when you did. Your lungs will have done a lot of repairing and regenerating since you stopped. My Granpa stopped at 50 & lived till 94!

my dad literally hasn't seen a doctor in 15ish years! Touch wood, apart from his smoking he has barely been sick a day in his life! He doesn't take a single tablet or medication, which at 70 is almost a miracle these days. So this is literally the first step towards any kind of medical intervention. Until the past week or two he has been 'ok', breathing hasn't been fab but still ok. It's just the last few days that he hasn't been good & couldn't even walk to the Backdoor from the lounge. My mum is a nurse, and so he doesn't really need any other kind of help, he basically just needs to accept that he needs to see a doctor and probably get on some antibiotics, maybe steroids and some bronchodilators. And I think he's finally accepted that. I'm hoping it'll make all the difference. People can live with COPD as long as they stop bloody smoking & get help. I'm trying to be positive anyway! Last nite I cried for nearly an hour with DP, the uncontrollable kind of crying that just wouldn't stop.. Then I had a few little whisky & drys to calm myself down again (well I am Scottish & we consider it to be the 'water of life' so technically it was medicinal! 😝)..
    Aaaaand My head is thumping today!
    It's frustrating enough the we don't have much control over our own bodies and then of course we don't have control over the bodies of the ones we love either. I'm glad to hear he's accepted he needs some help and he is very very lucky to have all the love and support from you and your mum. You're a strong lady but remember you're only human @Charlie74 so if you cry sometimes that's completely normal. I hope the headache subsides soon luv

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Charlie74  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    so sorry about your coworker @Chiefsgirl, thats terrible and when its so out of the blue, its unimaginable. Big hugs to you

another ex smoker here, you just live in denial I think plus when you're young you think you're invincible.
    @Tahli I love the scandi design aesthetic, will have to bookmark those labels for later use The diet / lifestyle stuff is interesting, I *think* I agree it makes jack of a difference but then Ive had worse cycles after not such great lifestyle factors and better ones when Im more focused on doing healthier things hence why Im currently not drinking a drop of booze and have been on a bit of a health kick. My brother and SIL struggled to conceive for years and years, they were both smokers and he drank a bit she not so much and they finally had success after 4 months of super healthy - no smoking/drinking, no coffee etc and organic food. Now you could say it was primarily the no smoking/drinking but maybe it was a combination of all of it. I guess it cant hurt to try whatever is within reach in all this. But yeah, at the end of the day I think its just the age factor thats our main issue - even tho we've been trying since I was 36.

Its interesting to see how many transfers you guys are talking, I just added up mine - 9 transfers all up, 1 BFP and 1 cycle with a crappy embryo - I see it as 8 decent transfers. Its not a huge amount is it?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Agree Luv!!😊

I was stressed out of my mind with my Mum going through all the cancer bullsh!t & microwave ablation etc when I was Cycling/after transfer then she was dying while I was pregnant so it was "Stress Central" for me at the time.

I also think that considering your eggs are 3 months in the making, fat lot of good it does you to go on a health kick when you're Cycling etc as it's too late by then.

I can understand the dietary changes for the Lovelies with known immune issues etc as the last thing you'd want to do is to be eating/drinking foods that might flare things up.
    Oh loves aren't you gorgeous! I might've had a salad but I probably went home and cried myself into a bottle of wine and ate a take away! I can go a few weeks being good then I get upset and it all goes to pot. I really wonder what my eggs have been up to the last few months. I think they'll have shrivelled up just like my period seems to have. @Tahli my gut tells me oe is never going to work because of all the damage I've done to my body drinking and smoking through my twenties and early thirties.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016)