+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathk18 View Post
    Hi all, just wanted to post an update.
    Had my 20 wk scan today. Bubs is all good..unfortunately the umbilical cord was in front of its face so didn't get good pics but loved seeing it on the screen.
    Also told the sonographer about my pains on my lower side as they are still there.
    The only thing he could see is that my right ovary is still bit big from the cycle so if bubs pushes on it it can cause pain.. my egg retrieval was in Feb.. so don't get when they would settle down.
    Seeing my obs on 22 July so will try and hang out till then to ask him.

Hope everyone else is well ??
    I have the same thing from my ovaries still being enlarged. So annoying. I didn't realise they'd stay big this long!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Kathk18  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    I have the same thing from my ovaries still being enlarged. So annoying. I didn't realise they'd stay big this long!
    @HillDweller have you been experiencing any pain ?
    How far along are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HillDweller have you been experiencing any pain ?
    How far along are you?
    @Kathk18 I was getting basically like strong ovulation pain up until a few weeks ago. It seems to have gone away now, but if I get bloated at all it comes back. Actually if I get bloated badly I'm in a ton of pain through my whole belly and back so the ovary pain doesn't seem to be a big deal at that point! :/ You would think I'd remember to stop drinking milk when I'm lactose intolerant, but clearly my brain is not working!

I'm 16 weeks tomorrow. The sonography at my first ultrasound said my ovaries were 4x their normal size but she didn't say how long they'd take to go down!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Kathk18  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @HillDweller and @Kathk18, hugs for you both!

I don't know about my ovaries. I do get some cramp like pains at the area but I have always assumed that it's growing pains (partly due to my fibroid surgery before). My fresh transfer was cancelled and I waited out 2 cycles before my FET so I am not sure if my ovaries are still enlarged. Not much pain to complain of.

I get bad bloating on some days too! But my pain feels more from stretching and walking. I have been walking a lot more this week since starting a new part time job so I get aches in the abdominal area. 16w1d today and I still can't feel bub move so last night I caved and ordered a Doppler on hire. Haha. My 19-20 week scan feels so far away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    @Kathk18 I was getting basically like strong ovulation pain up until a few weeks ago. It seems to have gone away now, but if I get bloated at all it comes back. Actually if I get bloated badly I'm in a ton of pain through my whole belly and back so the ovary pain doesn't seem to be a big deal at that point! :/ You would think I'd remember to stop drinking milk when I'm lactose intolerant, but clearly my brain is not working!

I'm 16 weeks tomorrow. The sonography at my first ultrasound said my ovaries were 4x their normal size but she didn't say how long they'd take to go down!
    @HillDweller interesting.. my obs was saying in the first few visits that they are enlarged..
    Will follow it up with him and see if I can get more answers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathk18 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Hey @HillDweller and @Kathk18, hugs for you both!

I don't know about my ovaries. I do get some cramp like pains at the area but I have always assumed that it's growing pains (partly due to my fibroid surgery before). My fresh transfer was cancelled and I waited out 2 cycles before my FET so I am not sure if my ovaries are still enlarged. Not much pain to complain of.

I get bad bloating on some days too! But my pain feels more from stretching and walking. I have been walking a lot more this week since starting a new part time job so I get aches in the abdominal area. 16w1d today and I still can't feel bub move so last night I caved and ordered a Doppler on hire. Haha. My 19-20 week scan feels so far away!
    @VickyP the sonographer guessed it was a fresh cycle and then said it makes sense so not sure if it is more associated with fresh cycles..

I felt my first during the 16 week .. watch now that bubs knows u ordered it it will kick soon lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP the sonographer guessed it was a fresh cycle and then said it makes sense so not sure if it is more associated with fresh cycles..

I felt my first during the 16 week .. watch now that bubs knows u ordered it it will kick soon lol
    My sonographer said "Looks like you did a fresh cycle?" before she told me about my ovaries, so I think it probably only really applies to fresh cycles @VickyP . Have you tried your doppler out yet? Mine has kept my nerves sane (except that one time I couldn't find the heartbeat and started having a bit of a freak out. I ate some lollies, came back and there it was, clear as day! lol) I've been able to find the HB from just before 10 weeks, but it's really easy to find now at 16 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I did @HillDweller and I can't say I am liking it. The night I got it, I tried and couldn't find the HB! Had to persuade myself not to be paranoid. I tried again the next morning, talked to the little one and tried to coax him a bit, and found it. I hope it's the right sound I found (freaking myself out again) and there he was! Relief!

Not sure if it's a good idea - more stressed than happy with the Doppler. 😝

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my work we really recommend against the dopplers at home because it can cause such horrible anxiety if mums can't find the heart beat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzy36 View Post
    At my work we really recommend against the dopplers at home because it can cause such horrible anxiety if mums can't find the heart beat.
    Without my Doppler, my anxiety would be out of control. Guess it depends on the person. I've had trouble finding it two or three times but I just try again later in the day and am able to find it fine. I know some people would be the type to call the hospital everytime they couldn't find it, but that's not me. I hate hospitals and it takes a lot for me to call doctors, so I've been able to calm my fears easily at home when I feel the need.