+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Thanks @Kathk18, I think I am in the weird limbo state right now. Can't feel bub and don't feel anything, hence the anxiety. 3 more weeks before another OB visit at 16w. ARGH.
    @VickyP I don't think that anxiety goes away. I have an ob appointment next Friday can't wait... just hard to know that everything is OK and not to think that..

I am also having issues with work... I work in the cbd and with the back pain getting worse I'm finding by the end of the week my body is wrecked.. being in an office environment it is hard to remain seated plus taking public transport ...
    I want to discuss the possibility of working from home one day but so anxious about raising this with my boss as at times she is very sympathetic and others times its like suck it up...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathk18 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (15-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I absolutely understand what you mean @Kathk18. I feel tired and fatigued very easily too.

Do you live far from the city? It takes me about 45 mins to get in to work (I work in the CBD too) and I definitely can feel the strain. Maybe I haven't been active the last few months, so it's making me quite unfit.

Perhaps you can suss it out and pick a good time to tell your boss? It's a tough one - some bosses are supportive, others not so. I have told mine because he had wanted to offer me a different position at work and I had to tell him that I can't commit beyond Dec. So far, don't see any difference, he said he had his suspicions already but wasn't sure, I guess it helps that he's a father and is trying for #2 as well. He told me that his wife just had a m/c 2 weeks back. Oops. Haven't told anyone else in the office though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Kathk18  (15-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely understand what you mean @Kathk18. I feel tired and fatigued very easily too.

Do you live far from the city? It takes me about 45 mins to get in to work (I work in the CBD too) and I definitely can feel the strain. Maybe I haven't been active the last few months, so it's making me quite unfit.

Perhaps you can suss it out and pick a good time to tell your boss? It's a tough one - some bosses are supportive, others not so. I have told mine because he had wanted to offer me a different position at work and I had to tell him that I can't commit beyond Dec. So far, don't see any difference, he said he had his suspicions already but wasn't sure, I guess it helps that he's a father and is trying for #2 as well. He told me that his wife just had a m/c 2 weeks back. Oops. Haven't told anyone else in the office though.
    @VickyP yes I am about the same distance as you. I nearly fainted on the train on the way home today just felt light headed luckily someone offered me a seat.

Yer there are times when she has been great but others where I feel like I am 'whinging' .. she used to be a former midwife back in the days too lol

I'll see how I go and what my obs says next Friday..
    So glad I am not the only one that feels drained from the commute etc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathk18 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear @Kathk18, that sounds really bad!

Have you been feeling light headed a lot? Needing more iron supplements?

If you are feeling like you really need some reprieve from the travelling and if your work allows for working from home, maybe you can just focus on being professional about it. Instead of saying that you are too tired and need the concession, maybe phrase it in such a way to say that you want to make sure you continue to be productive and able to contribute to the team and that the travel is wearing you down unnecessarily and that you will be more productive if you could work from home say 1 or 2 days a week. Maybe that will assure her that it's the best arrangement, rather than have her feel like it's a whinge and a concession she needs to give to you? Just a suggestion on how to approach her, but I know you will be able to make a good decision on that too.

Hang in there!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (18-06-2016),Kathk18  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question ladies - anyone feeling very bloated?

I have been having a lot of gas in the tummy for the last few days and am wondering whether i should be concerned and go see my OB - I think I look bloated enough for 5 months!

Going to go chew on a couple of Simethicone tablets and see if it eases it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question ladies - anyone feeling very bloated?

I have been having a lot of gas in the tummy for the last few days and am wondering whether i should be concerned and go see my OB - I think I look bloated enough for 5 months!

Going to go chew on a couple of Simethicone tablets and see if it eases it up.

@VickyP yes bloated and gassy (poor hubby lol )!! I have even reduced my fluid intake because of the bloatiness feeling ..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathk18 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to know I'm not the only one @Kathk18!

I know what you mean - I am trying to have fruits and fluids to prevent constipation, and then it becomes bloating and then i pop a couple of Simethicone tablets and then it eases up a little and then I feel hungry, and eat something and then bloated again.

Vicious cycle and so annoying. (and yes, poor DH too)

I am wondering what I should eat/drink to help other than ginger, and how long this will go on for and when I should get concerned!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope you have had a great start to the week.

I just got some news thats left me quite mad and worried. After getting my BFP with Primary's beta, I snuck in a visit to my GP and ask for a BT to see if HCG was raising as it should. Long story short, I got a call back from the GP saying all is looking good and that she can give me a referral for a dating scan if needed. I already had my scan booked in at Primary, so I didn't go back to see her for a referral.

Fast forward 2 months later - she calls me out of the blue saying I didn't go back to get my BT results and she's calling to follow up. Apparently that BT end April had red flagged my Vitamin D levels being low and she's worried now that it's winter that it's fallen even more.

WTF!

1) Why didn't she tell me so in April???? and only now?!?!?! 2 months after damage is done?! WTF!

2) None of my other BTs had flagged low Vit D and I thought I was fine because I am on Elevit and apparently it's not enough for many women. first time I am hearing I am Vit D deficient and I even had to ask the Dr to check she was calling the right person!

3) So I have spent the last hour googling Vit D deficiency and now I am really worried what damage might that have done to my bub! The only consolation is that it seems more important in the later half of the pregnancy for bone and immune system development but given I have been lower than "normal" for 2 months already, I am wondering what impact that has!

Now I am so worried! Going to have to speak to my OB and probably get another BT done to see how it is. Ran out and got some Vit D supplement and I am just feeling so sick that this has happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope you have had a great start to the week.

I just got some news thats left me quite mad and worried. After getting my BFP with Primary's beta, I snuck in a visit to my GP and ask for a BT to see if HCG was raising as it should. Long story short, I got a call back from the GP saying all is looking good and that she can give me a referral for a dating scan if needed. I already had my scan booked in at Primary, so I didn't go back to see her for a referral.

Fast forward 2 months later - she calls me out of the blue saying I didn't go back to get my BT results and she's calling to follow up. Apparently that BT end April had red flagged my Vitamin D levels being low and she's worried now that it's winter that it's fallen even more.

WTF!

1) Why didn't she tell me so in April???? and only now?!?!?! 2 months after damage is done?! WTF!

2) None of my other BTs had flagged low Vit D and I thought I was fine because I am on Elevit and apparently it's not enough for many women. first time I am hearing I am Vit D deficient and I even had to ask the Dr to check she was calling the right person!

3) So I have spent the last hour googling Vit D deficiency and now I am really worried what damage might that have done to my bub! The only consolation is that it seems more important in the later half of the pregnancy for bone and immune system development but given I have been lower than "normal" for 2 months already, I am wondering what impact that has!

Now I am so worried! Going to have to speak to my OB and probably get another BT done to see how it is. Ran out and got some Vit D supplement and I am just feeling so sick that this has happened.
    @VickyP what the heck ??? That does not make sense like you said why wouldn't she tell you. And if they see something wrong they usually call u to go in.. I would be so mad .

Has your obs done some blood work ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sentiments exactly @Kathk18. Usually no news is good news and if anything was of a concern, usually you get told to go in to get your results and then the doc discusses what should be done.

I am so so mad.

My OB hasn't done any blood work except for the Harmony test, which probably didn't test for this. I have my OB appt on Wed so I will be bringing this up with him and asking him for a referral so that we can check what the level is right now.

Other than frantically popping some Vit D supps and praying for the best, I am not sure what else I can do for now. So worried....