+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats @MamaKes and @HillDweller on your scans! It's such a magical time to see that heart beat and ease some of that anxiety! Yay!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (18-05-2016),MamaKes  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, I just came back from my first OB visit and a 9 week scan. Scan looked perfect! Bub measured exactly at 9w, HB of 182bpm. I'm so so relieved.... It's starting to feel a little more real now. Now to get to the magic 12 weeks mark!
    @HillDweller, did your OB arrange for NT/NIPT scans? I'm leaning towards having an NIPT (think they call it a harmony test) because it can be done earlier and they can even tell gender. It's pretty costly though so I am going to sleep on it.

Anyone has any views?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    So, I just came back from my first OB visit and a 9 week scan. Scan looked perfect! Bub measured exactly at 9w, HB of 182bpm. I'm so so relieved.... It's starting to feel a little more real now. Now to get to the magic 12 weeks mark!
    @HillDweller, did your OB arrange for NT/NIPT scans? I'm leaning towards having an NIPT (think they call it a harmony test) because it can be done earlier and they can even tell gender. It's pretty costly though so I am going to sleep on it.

Anyone has any views?

Fantastic news @VickyP !

Yep, I got the referral form for the Harmony test, I've booked mine in already for 30 May. It's the test with the highest accuracy so we thought we might as well do it as well as the scan - but to be perfectly honest, I'll admit we're probably paying out the $450 mostly so we can find out the gender earlier

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (18-05-2016),VickyP  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, @HillDweller, you are not the only ones. You should have seen my DH's face when the OB mentioned the fact that we can find out the gender! LOL.

Given that it is more accurate, OB said we could go directly for this and skip the NT scan, so that means we only pay for 1 test, If we did the NT scan and there was some indication that further testing is needed (god forbid!), then we will have to pay again for the NIPT, so we thought might as well go straight for it. Don't think we want to spend money for both tests though - the $$$ can pay for something else.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (18-05-2016),MamaKes  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Especially to the ladies who are ahead of me.

Today is 9w1d for me and all of a sudden, I feel quite a bit of abdominal pain. It's not the jabbing type of pain but feels more like the uterus is suddenly very stretched. It almost feels as if the skin / flesh is too tight for a sudden growth spurt if that makes sense. It's worse when I'm on my feet / walking but feels better when I lie down. When I walk, I almost have to keep my hand on my tummy to "support" it all the time.

Has anyone had this experience? I just came back from an OB visit yesterday and wished it had appeared earlier so that I could have asked and I am now wondering whether I have cause for concern and should go back and see the doc? 😥

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP I haven't had quite the feeling that I needed to support my belly but had the stretching and still do. Some days are quite bad. Sometimes I had it with a tight belly (more a few weeks ago). And on top of that an itching? But it usually goes away within a few days.

Also with the NIPT and nuclear I had both done. My ob said that the nuclear also assesses other things such as complications in later pregnancy. Everything was fine genetically but the nuclear came back high risk for preeclampsia and fetal growth restriction. Just something to be monitored from now and I've been commenced on aspirin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP maybe try and put your feet up and rest for a while and see if that makes a difference? So many changes in pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Hi everyone,

Especially to the ladies who are ahead of me.

Today is 9w1d for me and all of a sudden, I feel quite a bit of abdominal pain. It's not the jabbing type of pain but feels more like the uterus is suddenly very stretched. It almost feels as if the skin / flesh is too tight for a sudden growth spurt if that makes sense. It's worse when I'm on my feet / walking but feels better when I lie down. When I walk, I almost have to keep my hand on my tummy to "support" it all the time.

Has anyone had this experience? I just came back from an OB visit yesterday and wished it had appeared earlier so that I could have asked and I am now wondering whether I have cause for concern and should go back and see the doc? ������
    The placenta starts to take over around this time. You will often get bleeding or pains. As always, if you are concerned, go see a professional.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Keiko2012 and @Majeen.

Yes it feels much better after I lie down in bed. I think I'll try to rest more these few days and also make an appt to see the doc again early next week if this continues. It's just something new and quite intense for what it is compared to what I have felt the last few weeks. Wished there was a way to know what's normal and what's not! Gosh! Endless worry!

Thanks for the tip @Keiko2012 about the NT scan. I'll read it carefully again before deciding!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries. I had an appt with my ob today and she told me not everyone checks the other things in the scan. So if they are just checking for genetic issues then you are getting the same with the nipt. Plus finding out the gender 😝 we were impatient so did it to make sure there weren't any major genetic issues and also to find out the gender 🙂

Agree with you seeing the ob if you keep having the pains. Or give them a call 🙂