+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Kathk18 that's wonderful news... I can't help much with symptoms and bleeding fingers xd the rest of your preggo days are now stress free ❤️

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Kathk18  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What fantastic news @Kathk18 - I can't wait to get to that point with the 12 week scan, it feels still so far away at this point (am 8w3d now). Just taking it 1 step at a time.

I can't help much with bleeding too - I haven't had any (phew), and the only time I freaked out was when my Crinone applicator came back out with red blood at the tip. Then I found out that it's pretty common as the cervix was irritated. Based on my reading, it seems that it's pretty common for IVF patients to get some sort of bleeding, as long as your Dr is aware and isn't too concerned, then I think all should be fine. I hope everything will go smoothly for you and you have an uneventful rest of the pregnancy! Fingers and toes crossed for you and all of us!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Kathk18  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear @Cooki,

I agree with @Tanej78 on the D&C. When I did mine the last time, I had a really good doc (I was in Thailand in a private hospital - my DH is Thai and we were visiting my in laws then), there was no pain. Only some bleeding but it felt just like my period, minimal cramps and all. I had to take 2 tablets prior to the surgery but recovered pretty quickly and well. However, like @Tanej78, we also didn't think to ask for an investigation, which on hindsight, might have helped give some (or maybe no) information. I have been asked by my GP and FS about this, so it would seem like they would have liked some kind of investigative report to check on things. It's good that your FS is very proactive.

All the best and take time to rest up hun! Sending you the biggest hug!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cooki I am so so very sorry to read about your news. Heartbreaking I think getting the tissue tested will be a good idea and also doing the laparoscopy. Who knows you might have a blocked tube and won't even need Ivf after they flush them.

Thinking of you xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

Cooki  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I just had a bit of a freak out - was having some mild cramp like feelings and I couldn't help panicking. Is that normal for 8w4d? Anyone else had the same feeling? It's now better after I lied down for about an hour. Can't wait for Wed to come by soon enough so that I can get things checked out at the OB. I am thinking about getting a doppler because I don't think my anxiety levels are going to ease up. I know it's a bit too early for that, but I am thinking of shopping for one to use later. I know it doesn't replace antenatal care or doc's advice, but maybe it can help ease up on my anxiety a little at times. Anyone already have experience with a doppler before?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Vickip my understanding is most women get cramps and as long as there is no blood it is usually okay. (I'm first time pregnant so don't really know though). I've been getting cramps all the way along, but I'm on massives of progesterone and it's a common side effect. Are you on progesterone? Given the cramps improved with a rest I'd try to take it easier over the next couple of days...

I've heard mixed reviews about dopplers as sometimes, depending on bub's position, you won't detect a heartbeat, so it can freak you out more apparently. That said it's tempting to get one.

AFM. MS is sneaking up on me. I don't feel super sick (yet ), but feel decidely below par. I had to go get maternity bras on the weekend (at 7 weeks ). I'm hanging out for Friday's scan.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Hi ladies, I just had a bit of a freak out - was having some mild cramp like feelings and I couldn't help panicking. Is that normal for 8w4d? Anyone else had the same feeling? It's now better after I lied down for about an hour. Can't wait for Wed to come by soon enough so that I can get things checked out at the OB. I am thinking about getting a doppler because I don't think my anxiety levels are going to ease up. I know it's a bit too early for that, but I am thinking of shopping for one to use later. I know it doesn't replace antenatal care or doc's advice, but maybe it can help ease up on my anxiety a little at times. Anyone already have experience with a doppler before?
    @VickyP I've had cramps all the way along (mostly at around 5 weeks, and I've had some more in the last few days just past 8 weeks). My FS told me they are completely normal and will be from one (or more) of 3 things:
    1: The uterus stretching
    2: I had a fresh IVF transfer and my ovaries are still 3 times the size of normal
    3: Cramps from constipation

I think I've had all three types of 'cramps'. The first type feel like AF cramps, the second type are more little stabby cramps around my ovaries and the third type are kind of like the first, but always on my left side.

I've had no bleeding and no other issues. I've got hardly any symptoms but we saw the little heartbeat at 7 weeks and I have my first OB appointment tomorrow (8w4d) so hopefully everything will still be all good when he scans me then I'm still really nervous about tomorrow though!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Gagingi and @HillDweller for the reassurances. I haven't had any bleeding, but I have had no cramps for about a week or so and then bam, since just past 8 weeks like you @HillDweller. I freaked out a little because I had a mmc before and I have never had bleeding or any trauma in my last pregnancy.

I think I am mostly having constipation related cramps. I have been constipated for the last 2 days despite dosing up on plenty of fruit and yoghurt. I had acupuncture today, so hopefully that will help ease it up a little.

I can't wait for my scan on Wed too, but I am also very nervous about it.

All the best for the scan tomorrow @HillDweller! It would be awesome to see bub again after a while.
    @Gagingi, I bought a couple of maternity bras today too. Hopefully they will ease up the soreness especially when I am lying down. I hope MS doesn't get too bad for you.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (16-05-2016),MamaKes  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Thanks @Gagingi and @HillDweller for the reassurances. I haven't had any bleeding, but I have had no cramps for about a week or so and then bam, since just past 8 weeks like you @HillDweller. I freaked out a little because I had a mmc before and I have never had bleeding or any trauma in my last pregnancy.

I think I am mostly having constipation related cramps. I have been constipated for the last 2 days despite dosing up on plenty of fruit and yoghurt. I had acupuncture today, so hopefully that will help ease it up a little.

I can't wait for my scan on Wed too, but I am also very nervous about it.

All the best for the scan tomorrow @HillDweller! It would be awesome to see bub again after a while.
    @Gagingi, I bought a couple of maternity bras today too. Hopefully they will ease up the soreness especially when I am lying down. I hope MS doesn't get too bad for you.

Yep, mine are definitely constipation cramps at this stage too. It's only because I know those types of cramps SOOOOO well (plagued by them all my life!) that I was able to go "Aha! I know these!" lol

So sorry to hear about your mmc, that must make it especially tough. It's hard when all the things they tell you (don't worry if you're not having bleeding etc) mean diddly squat to you because you've had an experience where that still didn't mean everything was ok!

Fingers crossed for fantastic news after both our scans this week!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck hun for your scan today @HillDweller! please update us!