+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Ok this is it.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1458905963.748984.jpg

It claims to reduce lines etc but I only use it on acne. You apply it before bed and peel it off in the morning. I was extremely sceptical but my acne got so bad again after I stopped breastfeeding I found myself wearing foundation to the gym which I've never done.

It's not cheap. I have a friend who sells it but you can get it off amazon and eBay.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (25-03-2016),twinklify  (25-03-2016),~Marigold~  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Just adding I used it around period time for a few months. After about 3 times I used it sparingly and now haven't used it for about 5 months. It's truly been amazing for my skin.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

calicocat  (25-03-2016),Little Ted  (26-03-2016),twinklify  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm definitely going to look into that product Sonja, thank you!
    I took roaccutane as a teen and I'm not sure I'd do it again if I had my time over. The side effects were really quite life changing and a few years later I get acne again along my jawline, and sometimes it's really bad.
    I can't take the pill anymore because of migraines.
    I use Cetaphil products which are super mild. I must admit my skin is usually somewhat better when I'm eating well and drinking lots of water, but it's no guarantee.
    I'm so over it, I'd try anything at this stage really. It definitely affects my self esteem and confidence.
    Not sure that helps at all but you're not alone!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks @Sonja I'll look it up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    I'm definitely going to look into that product Sonja, thank you!
    I took roaccutane as a teen and I'm not sure I'd do it again if I had my time over. The side effects were really quite life changing and a few years later I get acne again along my jawline, and sometimes it's really bad.
    I can't take the pill anymore because of migraines.
    I use Cetaphil products which are super mild. I must admit my skin is usually somewhat better when I'm eating well and drinking lots of water, but it's no guarantee.
    I'm so over it, I'd try anything at this stage really. It definitely affects my self esteem and confidence.
    Not sure that helps at all but you're not alone!
    My mother's a nurse and my dad a chemist and they refused to let me take roaccutane as they knew I'd regret the side effects. But my skin just destroyed my confidence so often. I would have given anything to clear it up. Occasionally they'd put me on antibiotics when it got really bad but never for long. I didn't get a lot of it but the ones I did were large, painful and so angry looking. Awful.

I really hope my kids don't get it but I'm pretty sure they will. Skincerity feels weird on and has a smell as it has acetone in it. I was worried about that but given I only use it around my jaw and nose I was ok with it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

calicocat  (27-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sonocare treatments, plus the acne skincare range at Ella Bache did the trick for me. Sonocare is ultrasound + lymphatic drainage massage. It took about 6 weeks of weekly treatments at $60 a pop, then monthly for a while, but it cleared my skin right up. I've had horrible acne around the jawline on and off since I was 18.
    I had the treatment at Ella bache while pregnant with DD 2.5 years ago and my skin is still relatively clear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ella Bache is great. I'd use it on my kids if they need it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Your GP can prescribe topical ointments safe for pregnancy. I found a dermatologist pretty unhelpful...just wanted to prescribe roaccutane which I refuse to take.
    My plan, when I can afford it...is to have accupuncture to sort out my hormones. Currently my skin is quite good with topical ointments prescribed by my GP and a milder antibiotic (not safe for pregnancy), but I feel like I'm just reating the symptom, not the cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had hormonal acne since my teen years. Large angry pimples on chin and neck.
    I saw a dermatologist and took medication to sort it out ( roaccutane, best thing I ever did) but there are some things that I found have helped keep it under control long term.
    I don't touch my face (even resting chin on hand is out).
    I only wash my face after wearingmakeup- I found the washing and moisturising routine played havoc with oil production.
    I use an AHA (liquid gold) on actual pimples- seems to help dry them up faster.
    I'm also militant about not picking at pimples, it always made them worse.

Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    I know I keep harping on about pcos (not sure if you've been investigated yet) but I get cystic type acne unless I'm on metformin for the pcos or the pill or when I'm pregnant

Totally sucks being an adult with big blind sore pimples and nothing I did except treat my pcos worked because mine are hormonal.

Good luck !!
    Have to agree with BlueLips, acne was one of my biggest signs of pcos. How is your monthly cycle generally do you get a regular af and know you ovulate? Might be worth checking into it even if its just to rule it out.