+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    First of all I think you are very talented!
    Thankyou. You just made me smile

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Thankyou. You just made me smile
    You're welcome. Sorry kids pushed a button and my reply posted before it was finished. Hope the rest isn't too much of a Debbie downer.

Is making the toys therapeutic? In the shed with a beer and tools while the kids are inside asleep - I could possibly picture myself doing that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im between jobs. So every spare moment im working on this idea to make money.

There's beer in the fridge which a mate left here Australia Day. Think ive had one since he left.

So whats your take on whatbyou think I could reasonably get for the one pictured?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1458812097.433559.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1458812110.869189.jpg

Challenge set! Doesn't have to look like this exactly but a semi with grain trailer or drop deck and a 4WD articulated tractor would go down well at our house.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (24-03-2016)

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just showed my DH and he said $80 but he said with wooden toys it is hard to tell how much time has gone into them.

He suggested having an option for custom made car designs.

He said a stall at car clubs meets might be good for that.

I think the car is great, probably more of a display piece than an actual toy.

Montessori and Steiner toys are very popular too and also wooden name puzzles etc.

Good luck 👍🏻

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (25-03-2016),DaveTTC  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Im between jobs. So every spare moment im working on this idea to make money.

There's beer in the fridge which a mate left here Australia Day. Think ive had one since he left.

So whats your take on whatbyou think I could reasonably get for the one pictured?
    $30? However that could be more a reflection of what $$ I have to spend. Not much at the moment. However for a custom made kids furniture (eg standing book shelf that was like a tree) I would pay $200+. Would sacrifice some other luxuries for the right niche item.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Attachment 79632Attachment 79633

Challenge set! Doesn't have to look like this exactly but a semi with grain trailer or drop deck and a 4WD articulated tractor would go down well at our house.
    Ill be away for a few weeks but this is good. Yes I was thinking and articulated tractor and a grain trailer is a good idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    $30? However that could be more a reflection of what $$ I have to spend. Not much at the moment. However for a custom made kids furniture (eg standing book shelf that was like a tree) I would pay $200+. Would sacrifice some other luxuries for the right niche item.
    Custom book shelves. That sounds good too. Would you go for timber finish our painted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Custom book shelves. That sounds good too. Would you go for timber finish our painted
    I second the custom book shelves. I know some custom wood sellers (for lack of a better word!) have an option for raw, stained or painted finish. It makes it a bit complicated though. If your great at painting and dont mind adding an extra step or two in, you could offer 2 or all three of those options.

Thanks
    Reviews

14. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (24-03-2016)