+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Have your baby sleep in the nursery overnight and brought into you for feeds. My dh was never able to stay with all my three Cs. It was fine and I think I would have had less rest if he was there all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was alone for most of my hospital stay with both my EMCS. The midwives were fine with doing everything for the first 24-48 hours.

With my 2nd it was a lot easier though for a few reasons. I wasn't in shock, I was on better pain meds and I knew how to move, sit up, tend to baby next to me. I had my 2nd in bed with me a lot overnight too. Unlike with my 1st 5 years before, none of the midwives freaked out about this.

Both bubs I got them to take baby for a few hours around 2am when I felt like I was losing the plot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be facing this with the birth of DS3 in August. Except I know I will be at the hospital alone as we have no one to assist with DS2. At the moment it doesn't look like DH will even be at the birth 😞

I'm cheered to hear that it is a better recovery after an elective than emergency c section. There is no way I would have coped alone after DS2. I couldn't even sit up for over 24 hours (I had no sensation from shoulders down!). I will definitely be asking for a spinal block if that is what makes the difference!!

Sorry didn't offer any advice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have not had a c-section but the midwives do help in the night etc. In fact there was a time where I was getting some help and the midwife had to quickly go help another mum as she had a csection that day etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my son was born via emergency c-section he was taken to the Special Care Nursery, I was obviously unable to go with him. Luckily DP was there so he could go and spend time with him until I was finally wheeled up (9 hours later!). I would not feel comfortable with having my baby left alone with strangers if they were to need extra care so I would definitely want my other half there.

When I was going to have my daughter via elective C-section we booked in for a day he was at childcare and my parents were lined up to look after him. Things didn't go to plan and I had a VBAC, this time around I'm opting for another VBAC if things go well and have lined up my sister to watch my son as my parents will be overseas. I would always have someone there in case bub couldn't be with me the whole time, I know the midwives are quite capable but I would prefer bub has family around them, particularly in the early days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I've had 2 elective csecs. First time hubby stayed with me for 5 nights it was awesome. We are able to both bond with bub in those early days, share the workload and vent and comfort each other. Second time hubby left about 7pm the first night to take care of ds1. Midwives weren't very responsive, I felt alone and by comparison it was a horrible lonely experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I've had 2 elective csecs. First time hubby stayed with me for 5 nights it was awesome. We are able to both bond with bub in those early days, share the workload and vent and comfort each other. Second time hubby left about 7pm the first night to take care of ds1. Midwives weren't very responsive, I felt alone and by comparison it was a horrible lonely experience.
    My midwives also weren't very responsive. I buzzed once and it took two hours for them to come 😐

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    My midwives also weren't very responsive. I buzzed once and it took two hours for them to come 😐
    This happened to me also

In a private hospitai. I buzzed and they just didn't come. My buzzer was still going when they came to do their routine checks. Also, immediately after the c section I was due pain relief and by the time they bothered to come back to give me pain relief (after DH had gone to find someone) I was crying I was in so much pain 🙁

Thanks
    Reviews
    To answer your question if you can have DH there then yes I would definitely.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Same. I buzzed & asked for panadol, the midwife literally stormed in & THREW the panadol at me, 6 HOURS later. Next time I will bring my own fu£king panadol to hospital.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (25-03-2016)