+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Where's the worst place you've found a cockroach?

I have two:

1) In my coffee out of the big machine at work. I sipped it, felt something in my mouth, pulled it out - cockroach leg! Yep, they love getting into the coffee machine. Haven't had a coffee from it since.

2) I was at work one day and felt something strangely moist feeling in my boot (I had socks on). Took my boot off and there was a squashed, oozing roach in there Thank goodness for Isowipes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    One in my coffee mug yesterday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my worst cockroach experience.

Had mate whose house had become infested. Went there to empty the house bomb and clean it. Literally took a garden house inside and washed the walls and ceiling down. It was filth.

Anyway becore we got to that we had to take everything outside. Fridge was in the corner. I got in behind it and pushed it out. It wad like a horror scene. Roaches everywhere just poured out from the the fridge. Both walls in the corner were a black moving sea (brown) of running roaches headinf for the ceiling. Dozens upon dozens fell all over me in my hair and down my shirt.

That was one of my worst experiences.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (24-03-2016),Tinachris  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh, I don't know if I should relive my traumatic experience right before chocolate-munching Easter time because I couldn't eat right for days afterwards.

A few weeks ago I served up dinner, all fine and then I sat down with mine and finding a lump of food stuck on my finger with nothing to wipe it on, I went to put it in my mouth. Just as it got closer I realised it wasn't the colour of the food I served up.
    I figured it out quick smart!
    A cockroach had gotten squished between the underside of my plate and the top of DH's plate in the press.
    PUKE!!!!
    I almost ate it's remains but as I watched DH tucking in to his dinner I hadn't the guts (pardon the pun) to tell him he was most likely getting some roach juice in there.
    OMG! I'm going to be sick again!

One crossed our path in Big W today as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get them in the shower at our old house occasionally.

My sister found one at the bottom of her cup of tea when she was young. It was about 15 years before she would drink tea again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those hot water urns that some offices have attached to the wall have traumatized me for life, I've had legs and feelers and bodies come out into my cup at various places I've used them . So vile 😭 and yes I keep using them but every time I do I think about the dead boiled cockies 😖

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were at a Chinese restaurant having Yum Cha and the group next to us opened their bamboo steam basket to find a cockroach. The owner tried to claim it was not a roach it was a cricket.... Yeah right. Won't be going there again!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shebes For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The other night I woke up as I felt something crawling up my leg- yep, massive cockroach.

I've seen cockroaches crawling over the cupcakes on display at a local bakery. Luckily I never shop there.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was driving and I felt something moving in my shoe. I kicked my shoe off and an enormous cockroach jumped out. I nearly crashed the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In a salad at the cafe where I worked as a teenager. The cook just shrugged, picked it out (it was dead) and served up the salad.