+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ladies.... Don't mess around with putting off demanding a proper internal ultrasound. I did hours worth of Christmas shopping and put the pain to the back of my mind hoping it would ease up. After it burst the pain was weirdly almost non existent. I almost left the hospital but thankfully my mum who had taken me insisted I stay. Even the triage nurse in the ER suggested I go home as I didn't seem to be in too much pain. One nurse also dismissed my concerns saying an ectopic wouldn't present any symptoms before 7 weeks. I was less than 5 and a half. My hpt tests were dark and strong all along, too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

michellead  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    They could seen that my tube was distended so it was immediately apparent to the sonographer, but I was nearly 10 weeks.

At 5 weeks there can often be nothing at all to see even with a viable pg, or even a HB like my kids had. So it's hard to say if it's too early. But there should show a sac at least by this stage. I would be getting an u/s asap and if they don't see a sac, asking for an internal u/s to look at your tubes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Ladies.... Don't mess around with putting off demanding a proper internal ultrasound.
    Agree 100%. I was fobbed off by drs and even the emergency dept and had to travel over 100kms to get an u/s at short notice. Had I ignored my gut best case scenario I would have lost my tube. You don't mess around on this

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

michellead  (02-04-2016),~Marigold~  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would. Mine has eased but I'm still checking in with my gp tomorrow about it and a couple of other things. Just get your mind eased if anything good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really had a sense something wasn't right, and I totally believe in mothers intuition as a result. If you think there's something wrong, push for a check xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Eptopic? 4wks and sharp right sided pain?

I saw a GP this evening and have a scan to get tomorrow morning, plus bloods. If it gets worse overnight then straight to A&E.
    My last ultrasound was internal and external- I wasn't going to turn down an internal, better safe than sorry!

At this point, the only symptom I have is the sharp stabbing pain. It happens no more frequently than every 2 minutes and as far as 20+ minutes apart, and lasts a few seconds. No spotting, fevers, vomiting, not tender to touch etc.

Our local hospital emergency department is a bit hit and miss so I'm really hoping it settles overnight! If need be, I'll head into the city to the Mater. (Brisbane based)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frittlebitlazzled For This Useful Post:

Lil Smurfy  (01-04-2016),~Marigold~  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frittlebitlazzled View Post
    I saw a GP this evening and have a scan to get tomorrow morning, plus bloods. If it gets worse overnight then straight to A&E.
    My last ultrasound was internal and external- I wasn't going to turn down an internal, better safe than sorry!

At this point, the only symptom I have is the sharp stabbing pain. It happens no more frequently than every 2 minutes and as far as 20+ minutes apart, and lasts a few seconds. No spotting, fevers, vomiting, not tender to touch etc.

Our local hospital emergency department is a bit hit and miss so I'm really hoping it settles overnight! If need be, I'll head into the city to the Mater. (Brisbane based)
    If it's any consolation, my ectopic pain wasn't like you're describing, it was more of a crampy feeling, a lot like trapped wind pain, actually. It could be felt in my back and hip as well on the right side. Also, it didn't really come and go, it was either bearable and niggly or so bad it took my breath away.
    There are a plethora of reasons behind aches and pains with this pregnancy business, fingers crossed your body is just going through the normal motions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How did you go last night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    How did you go last night?
    Thanks for asking

The pains were making it through paracetamol, maybe a 7 on the pain scale. They're still here, stabbing away, but no bleeding.

I've got a scan booked for 3.30pm. I was hoping it would be sooner because I'm worried and getting pretty desperate for answers but I don't want to clog up A&E and then be fobbed off and made to feel like a waste of time if it's nothing. (I'm so emotional! Damn hormones!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frittlebitlazzled View Post
    Thanks for asking

The pains were making it through paracetamol, maybe a 7 on the pain scale. They're still here, stabbing away, but no bleeding.

I've got a scan booked for 3.30pm. I was hoping it would be sooner because I'm worried and getting pretty desperate for answers but I don't want to clog up A&E and then be fobbed off and made to feel like a waste of time if it's nothing. (I'm so emotional! Damn hormones!)
    Good luck, will be thinking of you, it's a scary time. Hopefully everything is where it should be and bubs is just being a trouble maker 😉