+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Eptopic? 4wks and sharp right sided pain?

I mentioned it to my GP today and she said that if the pain continues overnight that I should get the scan tomorrow to rule out eptopic or tubal pregnancy. So it's booked for midday tomorrow because the pains are still happening and worse if I move around.
    I have no bleeding or fevers and I've got plenty of symptoms (nausea, needing to pee lots, sore boobs etc) so I'm hoping it's nothing.

If it's not too much to ask, what were your symptoms?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had no bleeding, no fever, no shoulder pain, even after my ectopic burst. My pain was all to the right side, back and front. I experienced about 24 hours of pain, at times quite intense, but mostly bearable, so put it down to gas (was feeling very bloated, too).
    The night my tube burst, I was in quite a bit of pain. I tried to sleep it off (I kept trying to reassure myself that it was normal early pregnancy stretching and cramping) but it increased to the point where I was crying and on all fours. It was the very early morning, around 4am and I'd been sitting on the toilet in agony, still thinking I could be constipated or have trapped gas etc, when I felt this surge of pain grip me.. I knew at that moment, for absolute certain, that my pregnancy had ended. It was the moment my tube burst. Still I had no blood. I wasn't sure what exactly had happened, but it was surreal, like I felt the exact second my tiny baby went. I was alone, my car was broken down in my driveway, so I called my mum to come and take me to the hospital where after an internal exam my fears were confirmed. I was rushed into surgery and had my right tube removed as it was too badly damaged.
    After the rupture and while I was waiting at the hospital (still yet to be seen/diagnosed), the pain had subsided a lot, so much so I asked my mum to take me home before seeing a doctor. Luckily she convinced me to stay and have it checked out.

How have your levels been? One possible indicator could be low HCG levels (I had this).
    I also had very normal pregnancy symptoms all along, sore breasts, fatigue and frequent urination etc and increasingly dark HPT lines.
    Mine occurred at 5 weeks 3 days.
    I hope yours isn't an ectopic, many women experience aches and pains in normal and healthy pregnancies. Fingers crossed for you x
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 23-03-2016 at 23:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Eptopic? 4wks and sharp right sided pain?

Mine was slightly different to marigolds.

I had pain during the afternoon at work, the best way to describe it was intense wind pain. That was on and off for maybe 3 hours. I thought nothing of it especially since it was not on a side of my body and most of the info about ectopics are the pain would be limited to the side with the ectopic.

I came home, made dinner and watched some Tv with DH. I could not sit down normally bc my 'wind' pain was so bad. After a few hours I went to the bathroom and saw a tiny about of blood.

We went to the emergency room at about midnight, roughly 8 or 10 hours after the pain started. They kept me overnight and gave me some painkillers and we had the scan showing the ectopic the following morning.

I ended up having the drug treatment - which did not work. When my tube started to rupture I had shoulder pain. On a level of 1-10 it was around a 7-8. Bearable put very unpleasant. By the time I got back to hospital I needed a morphine shot to help with the pain. I did not feel the actual tube rupture, that happened after we got to the hospital and had the morphine but before they figured out what happened and got me into surgery.

I was 7 weeks to the day when my tube ruptured.

I really hope you have nothing to worry about. Good luck with the scan today xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry that you guys had to go through that 😞 how awful and scary.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me though. I'm really glad I made the appointment for the scan now. Always better to err on the side of caution. It's going to be a long 5 hours!

I've got a lower back ache this morning but it's not anything too abnormal for me and feeling gassy too but again, not too abnormal for early pregnancy. We're (fingers crossed) going camping for a week tomorrow so hopefully I get the all clear.

I'll let you know how I go. x

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frittlebitlazzled For This Useful Post:

Mellie29  (24-03-2016),~Marigold~  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I only just realised I spelt 'ectopic' wrong in the title. I got a new phone recently and I've been giving autocorrect a go, but I think it's time to let it go 😅

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frittlebitlazzled View Post
    Oh and I only just realised I spelt 'ectopic' wrong in the title. I got a new phone recently and I've been giving autocorrect a go, but I think it's time to let it go ������
    Don't worry - my TTC journal has been called "TTC after extopic" for 2 years. I've never got around to fixing it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mellie29 For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (24-03-2016),MrsMiller  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I still got a period so didn't know I was pregnant until around 7 weeks. I had mid cycle bleeding which is what lead me to do a HPT. I also had a distinct lack of symptoms bar sore boobs. By that point my head is usually constantly over the toilet lol I had throbbing and sharp pain in my left side which was getting worse and bleeding got heavier. Coupled with how HcG I went for a scan and they found the pg in my left tube

What are your HcG levels? Pulling can be extremely normal at that stage as the bubba settles in and the uterus gets used to it. But if there are accompanying symptoms, particularly low count and the pain getting worse it can mean ectopic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The doctor never did a blood test, she wanted those done in 2 weeks.
    Scan was inconclusive. Couldn't find a gestational sac anywhere so it's a wait and see case. Frustrating!
    But no news is good news right?? I guess it's very early at 4ish weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan was inconclusive. Couldn't find a gestational sac anywhere so it's a wait and see case. Frustrating!
    That is frustrating- are they doing blood tests now or you'll go back for another scan later?

Fingers are crossed that it's all good.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ultrasound scan was also inconclusive, minutes later they asked my permission to do an internal ultrasound, stating it was the only way to know anything for sure- that's when they saw all of the fluid from the rupture.