+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a freeze all cycle as I too have pcos and I had 20+ follicles but only 11 mature eggs collected. From memory my estrogen was borderline around 12,000 a couple of days before egg pick up but I had ovidrel trigger and as soon as they started taking eggs out there was fluid in my abdomen already. I ended up with OHSS and a week off work and was in severe pain. I had egg collection on Friday and by Monday morning they did an ultrasound and my abdomen was full of fluid.
    I know it sucks but you don't want to risk OHSS it is awful and obviously can be very dangerous. If you were to get pregnant the OHSS will be far worse and last much much longer.
    Ivf can be a long journey and the first cycle is often about finding your body's natural limits and the right combo and dosage of drugs. I know you don't want to hear that but the good news is you had a good response and they can work with this for the next cycle to hopefully get things right and safe for you x
    Ps for what it's worth I had a freeze all cycle then has to wait about 3 months for a frozen transfer and that frozen transfer is now a 9 month old DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    This is what gets me about my fs. Maybe if I was with someone else they wouldn't see it as bad as he does. I have heard now that my clinic does a lot of cancellations on side of caution. I'm not sure if that's good or bad at this stage.
    Just out of interest hun are you with a budget clinic with a very strict protocol?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think I'm with a budget clinic.. My out of pocket is about $6000 for the cycle.. Antagonist cycle it was..well I suppose now I won't be paying that much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks yes I was told don't think your first cycle will work.. It's more of a test cycle etc but I couldn't help myself but get excited. Especially watching my follicles grow every 2 days. It's my own fault for thinking I would be different I suppose.. I feel like I'm calming down already but I still don't know what I will do with myself with 2 months of not ttc..

Thanks
    Reviews
    No hun doesn't sound budget, you would know if it was budget as it would be their biggest advertisement. My first clinic was budget and I found they had no individualized plans in circumstances like this were as wazza my new Fs will adjust the cycle as you go along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes this fs said due to my pcos he would adjust so this way was better.. But still didn't work out for me. He didn't adjust a thing. I think most follicles really sprang up over 4 days

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ivf cancelled due too many follicles

Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    Thanks yes I was told don't think your first cycle will work.. It's more of a test cycle etc but I couldn't help myself but get excited. Especially watching my follicles grow every 2 days. It's my own fault for thinking I would be different I suppose.. I feel like I'm calming down already but I still don't know what I will do with myself with 2 months of not ttc..
    Can you try naturally in your time off? Overindulge on Easter chocolate and wine I say!!

After my freeze all cycle I had to wait 7 months till I could do a transfer as I had to get a damaged tube removed which took ages to get sorted. Those 7 months felt like they took forever. But the stars aligned and that first frozen Embie is my DD :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that sounds so awful I can't imagine how disappointed you must be. Sadly it's best to take the advice of the dr even if you want more than anything to carry on the cycle. As a pp has said the ohss only develops with hcg which is either in the form of the trigger inj or pregnancy so I don't think there is any risk from normal ovulation. I didn't have any major risk factors when I had IVF but a week after embryo transfer I became short of breath and ended up in hospital for 3 weeks with severe ohss which was all the worse due to my successful pregnancy. Whilst I was very grateful to be pregnant I also wish my dr had maybe been more cautious as my oestrogen levels had been rising quite a lot.
    As lots of people say, the first round of IVF is often a bit of trial and error as to how your body with respond to the drugs and dosages so hopefully next time they will get it perfect and you will get the result you hope for. Take time to feel sad, it's normal but try to stay positive too and I really hope things work out well for you. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does the clinic have a nurse you can speak to? Maybe see if she can arrange an urgent second opinion with another of the FS at the clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they're worried about ohss then listen, I had perfect numbers bloods and follicles but still ended up almost in hospital ( probably should have been but the worst had passed by the time I realised how sick id been) no urine, very swollen belly etc. but I did get pregnant off that very first cycle so can't complain there.