+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it feels so cheap compared to what we were looking at! And we only have to pay the out of pocket amount. It's removed all the financial stress!

I originally looked into MyIVF in North Lakes but I don't think they did icsi which we need.

Bbivf seems similar though! I think we'll deal mostly with the nurses too. And only local for the epu, eek!! You'll have to let me know how that goes!!

Are you doing a fresh transfer? Bbivf only does frozen embryo transfers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great that you are able to only pay the out of pocket. I think times have changed from when it used to be around $10k per go!

Yeah I'm pretty sure they do icsi as we are having 50/50 with icsi and without (which I didn'teven know was possible!)

Yep I'll let you know next week about the local, they give you other drugs as well to make you feel as comfortable as they can but I'm sure it's not going to be a great time haha.

Yeah we are doing fresh then if we get more than one viable then will probably freeze in case it doesn't work out or we decide to have another!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's definitely much more accessible now it would seem!

Ohh maybe it was the sperm extraction they don't do! I can't remember now.

Our nurse recommended taking panadine forte ahead of epu. But I've heard or ladies taking other forms of painkillers like Valium maybe?

I think our best bet is to focus on having a strong mind going in! It only lasts for 15-20 mins from what I've read.

Ooh lucky you can do a freshie! I wish I could try a fresh transfer. I've known I would be doing FET for a while though so am kind of used to the idea now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The doctor has prescribed a relaxant to have a couple of hours before collection and suggested that I try one before the day. I took one last weekend and it just made me sleepy! But that's ok, between that, the local and the drip with sedation I'm sure it will be ok! They told us that the drip one was like having a bottle of red wine without the hangover lol.

I'm sure the FET will be just as good. Will you be having the epu under local also?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh the drip sounds fun haha! I've already had to turn down a couple of glasses of red in the last week, I didn't realize how heartbreaking that would be!

Yes, I'm doing epu under local also. At least it will be interesting to hear how many eggs they find in live time!!

When do you do you trigger shot? On Monday night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGalGC View Post
    Ooh I subscribed to this thread a while ago!

I've just started my first cycle and I'm on day 2 of injections. Yay, I love finding new cycle buddies! It makes the process fun and exciting knowing there are other ladies going through the same thing at the same time haha.

When do you have you me first scan? Mine is next Friday!
    My first scan is on Tuesday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I'm the same, self imposed alcohol and bad food ban and it sux lol.

I suspect trigger will be Monday but I'll find out more on Monday after my blood test results come through.

Ivf newbie - how exciting! Lets hope for good eggs!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default good luck

Hi im with primary ivf in Sydney I am on my 2nd cycle of ivf with similar circumstances to yours. I was going through 3 needles a night and had my embryo transfer on the 16th and have found out im pregnant . Dont give up just keep trying. I wont lie the needles aren't pleasant but its not as bad as you think and its well worth it. . Good luck

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rbccdwny For This Useful Post:

monroe78  (05-06-2016),SurferGalGC  (05-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @monroe78 a primary IVF success story above!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

monroe78  (05-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well girls, when I started this post it was for a few reasons. I was tired of researching similar IVF situations to my own and never finding one or if I did - they never completed to the end! I was also too scared at first to join an ongoing thread. And finally a bit like a record for myself to track my progress. So I may not be on here very much, but until I get that positive, I will continue to update my journey
    UPDATE-
    I am now on day 5 of gonal f and also started my cetrotide injections this morning. I still hate the cetrotide ones. They sting, cause a welt and my partner hates inflicting that on me. Difference this time round is no eczema or hives this time... I broke out with them within 10 mins of my first cetrotide injection last time and it didn't go away until I stopped the crinone gel. I am still much calmer and less stressed but only because I'm too busy to think about what is going on! Then I have my few mins a day that I allow myself to stop and think, and other than an occasional dizzy spell or sudden onset of starvation, and of course the bloating, I have no other side effects this time round... Is it because my body knows what to expect this time or are the injections not working?? Must keep anxiety at bay, there is nothing I can do except wait for my scan on Tuesday to see what is happening.

I hope everyone else is travelling along well x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ivf newbie For This Useful Post:

positive vibes  (06-06-2016)