+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda780 View Post
    @SurferGalGC How did your scan go if you have had it?
    That's very strange about your GP. I would be very upset. Maybe you could see if there is a female that you can see. Might be a bit more caring!
    @ivf newbie Yay on your second scan. Sounds like your follies are growing nicely. Were there any smaller ones that were potential?

I hope that your cyst can get removed easily and not cause you any more dramas
    Heaps of smaller ones but they don't think they'll be big enough...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ivf newbie For This Useful Post:

belinda780  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC How did your scan go if you have had it?
    That's very strange about your GP. I would be very upset. Maybe you could see if there is a female that you can see. Might be a bit more caring!
    @ivf newbie Yay on your second scan. Sounds like your follies are growing nicely. Were there any smaller ones that were potential?

I hope that your cyst can get removed easily and not cause you any more dramas
    My scan went well I think! I had in my head this whole time that I would have this one scan and then have epu early next week. Buut I have a second scan on Tuesday with epu planned for Friday, yay!

They said my follies are coming along nicely. I have lots but am not at risk of overstimming which I was worried about. She measured about 10 that were between 10mm and 16 mm. I think it all sounded pretty good!

There is a female gp at the same practice who I saw for my recent pap. She was so sweet and thorough and caring and showed an interest in my IVF journey. I think she will be my new go-to! She's harder to get into BT for good reason I think!

Did you get any updates on your embies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news! It's a big relief when they do the second so you can make sure things are progressing as they should be! Very exciting! Did your mum enjoy seeing the scan, she was going with you wasn't she?

10 is fantastic at this stage! I certainly had a lot less and managed to get 13 haha. Great that you are not overstimming. Must be a big relief.

Ohh that female gp sounds fab. I'd definitely try for her!

No updates today. I called them and asked if I would know anything and the nurse said not today but they'll have a look tomorrow so they will give me a call. Just did first crinone, wasn't too bad just like thrush treatment hahaha. Let's hope it doesn't give me any side effects!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to belinda780 For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news! It's a big relief when they do the second so you can make sure things are progressing as they should be! Very exciting! Did your mum enjoy seeing the scan, she was going with you wasn't she?

10 is fantastic at this stage! I certainly had a lot less and managed to get 13 haha. Great that you are not overstimming. Must be a big relief.

Ohh that female gp sounds fab. I'd definitely try for her!

No updates today. I called them and asked if I would know anything and the nurse said not today but they'll have a look tomorrow so they will give me a call. Just did first crinone, wasn't too bad just like thrush treatment hahaha. Let's hope it doesn't give me any side effects!
    Ahh mum loved it! Was so nice to share it with her! My family is all so in awe of my little follies, they're so excited they're actually treating me like I'm preggo already haha.

Ooh exciting to get an update tomorrow! Can't wait to hear it!!

I don't know what crinone is! It sounds like it has some unpleasant side effects though? I'll be doing some pessaries things after epu I think. I'm a bit oblivious about that stage though. My clinic only gives me enough instructions to get me through to the next appointment haha. I think that's good for me, it feels very James Bond. I'll receive instructions of my next assignment at my scan on Tuesday ha!

Tonight I did my first injections on the run! I was out to dinner and took my needles along with me and ducked back to the car to do them! Wearing a dress wasn't a smart wardrobe choice but I got through it! I'm shocked at how easy I find them now. I barely feel my ouchy needle now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha that's very cute! Glad your mum enjoyed the experience! Unfortunately my DH is funny about telling people so none of my family know and it's killing me! Only 2 friends know, one of which is going through the same place and is just 2 weeks behind us! I think after our m/c last year where we told family he is very hesitant until we know for sure which I can understand but it's hard as I am pretty close to mine.

The lab called me today and I have 4 that are perfect (the 4 IVF ones) they are Grade 1 with 8 cells. I don't know anything about the grading but she said they were great. Did some googling too and I think they're exactly where they should be for day 3 so very relieved! 2 ICSIs are doing ok too, I think she said grade 1 for them too but a bit slower developing maybe?? I was trying to take it all in but trying not to get emotional at the same time haha.

Thankfully the crinone hasn't been too bad yet with no notable side effects but I've only had 2 lots! I've heard others talk about the pessaries too, not sure which would be worse but as long as they are doing their job I don't care!

Lol about your assignments!! I think it's good too as it helps to not get too ahead of yourself.

Well done with your injections! You sound like you are a professional now!! So i guess you'll have trigger on Wednesday night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that would be so tough! At least we've got all these lovely ladies in the forums to talk everything out with! Other than my family I've told one of my best friends and a support person at work. I am the least secretive person on the planet though so it is killing me not being able to share it. Eventually I'll be quite open about it I think but for now it's all very raw and I'm still processing it myself. And of course just want to be careful in case it doesn't all work out. I need to be prepared for the horrible things my step kids mum will come out with too when she inevitably finds out.

So you have 6 that are tracking along nicely?! That's interesting that the ICSI ones aren't doing as good. Bummer for me!! I did a search for embryo grading on the forum and I found a link to a page that explained it all pretty good! I think we want to get to 5AA? That's the dream haha

I agree that it must be a huge relief when you find out that they're doing what they should! It's another stage of the process that you can tick off! Yay!!

I guess my trigger could be Wednesday night! That's part of he next assignment ha! I'll find out for sure on Tuesday. I'm really hoping my epu will be on Friday because it will give me weekend recovery time before work. They gave me my trigger needle to take home but they haven't explained how to use it yet. I guess it's the same as the others though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep this forum has been great. Not only for support but also for advice. Especially on your first cycle. Haha yes I'm also not secretive at all and just want to tell people but so far I've done well haha. That's a shame that you have to deal with the mum also. Fortunately I don't have to deal with that side of it. Some people can be just plain nasty.

My trigger was the same as my Gonal F, it was just a pen and super easy and didn't hurt at all. I've heard others saying about having to mix it up so I was pleased for the pen!

So I had transfer 9.30 this morning. They transferred a beautiful hatching 5AA graded blastocyst. And you'll be happy to know it was one of the ICSIs!! Apparently it was just the best looking. And we have 5 frosties! So pleased. The other one that was originally doing great was graded a 5BA so not as good as the one transferred but she was still pleased with that.

So I'm officially PUPO and probably will be going out of my mind for the next 12 days til BT!

Good luck for your scan tomorrow, let me know how you go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update - I had my egg retrieval this morning. It was unfortunately just as horrific as my last cycle... The doctor has made the decision that next time (hopefully won't need it!) I need much stronger pain meds as what they give is not enough for me. And I also only got 2 eggs out of 8 follies so am a little disappointed at the moment. Oh well, we will just see what happens. Hopefully both fertilise and we have a good looking one to transfer...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ivf newbie I'm so sorry to hear that your egg pickup was uncomfortable and painful. Rest up and hope you feel better soon.

As everyone has rightfully said, you only need one egg! When will you get an update on fertilization? Are they planning on doing a 3 day or 5 day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @belinda780 yeah I'll cross that bridge with the mum when the time comes. At the moment though, that hardly rates a care factor with so much other exciting stuff going on!

Congratulations on being PUPO!! That is so awesome! And so funny that it was a 5AA after I said that was the dream ha! Good job you!! Im stoked that it was an ICSI one!! I'm also very envious that you got a few frozen embies too. Even though you won't even need them for now!!! Positive thinking!

Now the dreaded 2ww. I imagine it's every bit as horrible as they say!!

My clinic said that I'd be feeling quite bloated with my follies by tomorrow but I really don't feel it. I'm sure my ovaries are doing what they're meant to but I wish I felt something! Other than sore boobs haha. Oh well, not long to wait for an update!!

Keep me updated on all your symptoms!!
    @ivf newbie aww no, I'm sorry that your epu was so unbearable!! That makes me even more nervous for mine. Belinda is right though, you only need one! Cross fingers for fertilisation!!!