+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting IVF tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by ivf newbie View Post
    Local... And a Valium and panadine forte and gas. Fingers crossed for everyone x
    Did your clinic provide the script for the pandeine forte/Valium? I swear my nurse said to get a script for the panadeine forte from my gp! I just went to see him and he was such a jerk about it! Saying that he didn't agree with him having to prescribe it and I'm all hormonal like sorry, this is all new to me. And he kept going on about it. So I cried. Ha!

Oh god, I hope that's not the start of hormonal tears!!

Edit - I'm also doing it under local in case you didn't guess haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC sorry I didn't mean to freak you out about the orgalutran! Definitely ask when you are there but I'm sure you'll be fine.
    @ivf newbie sounds like you are travelling along very nicely! 8 is a great number at this stage! And they've still got time!

I had EPU yesterday and I thought I only had about 6 decent follies, but they got 13 eggs, 12 were suitable for fertilization and this morning I found out that 8 had fertilised!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGalGC View Post
    Did your clinic provide the script for the pandeine forte/Valium? I swear my nurse said to get a script for the panadeine forte from my gp! I just went to see him and he was such a jerk about it! Saying that he didn't agree with him having to prescribe it and I'm all hormonal like sorry, this is all new to me. And he kept going on about it. So I cried. Ha!

That sounds terrible! What a jerk alright. How about that's your job mate! Did he end up giving it to you in the end?

Thanks
    Reviews

No I don't get it from my gp. When I get there they give me the meds and wait for them to kick in. Normally 1 panadine forte puts me to sleep but because I was so wired I thought I felt normal and panicked a bit! So my advise is - don't panic!! They know what they are doing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda780 View Post
    @SurferGalGC sorry I didn't mean to freak you out about the orgalutran! Definitely ask when you are there but I'm sure you'll be fine.
    @ivf newbie sounds like you are travelling along very nicely! 8 is a great number at this stage! And they've still got time!

I had EPU yesterday and I thought I only had about 6 decent follies, but they got 13 eggs, 12 were suitable for fertilization and this morning I found out that 8 had fertilised!
    That's awesome hopefully they keep travelling along nicely for you x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ivf newbie For This Useful Post:

belinda780  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @belinda780 no no, not at all! Haha I'm sure it will be fine, I'm not freaking out.

Omg I'm so happy about your fertilisation numbers!! Are you stoked with that?! I would be!!! Here's to hoping they continue to multiply and divide and do their thang over the next few days!!!

Did you do 50/50 or all ICSI in the end? Do you know when your transfer will be? And are you using a 3/4/5d embie? Or will they wait and see before deciding?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

ivf newbie  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @belinda780 no no, not at all! Haha I'm sure it will be fine, I'm not freaking out.

Omg I'm so happy about your fertilisation numbers!! Are you stoked with that?! I would be!!! Here's to hoping they continue to multiply and divide and do their thang over the next few days!!!

Did you do 50/50 or all ICSI in the end? Do you know when your transfer will be? And are you using a 3/4/5d embie? Or will they wait and see before deciding?
    Oh good! Yep I'm absolutely so stoked and shocked with that number! Can't believe it! They did 50/50 and it was actually 4 of each that fertilised! Transfer is on Monday so I guess that will be a 5 day. Now we just gotta get at least one to make it through but I guess chances are pretty good with 8! Maybe I'll get some frozen!

I hope you are feeling ok after your dr appointment. Is he your normal Gp?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to belinda780 For This Useful Post:

ivf newbie  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda780 View Post
    Oh good! Yep I'm absolutely so stoked and shocked with that number! Can't believe it! They did 50/50 and it was actually 4 of each that fertilised! Transfer is on Monday so I guess that will be a 5 day. Now we just gotta get at least one to make it through but I guess chances are pretty good with 8! Maybe I'll get some frozen!

I hope you are feeling ok after your dr appointment. Is he your normal Gp?
    Four of each! How's that!! It will be interesting to see if the develop any differently!

All of ours will be ICSI and then frozen.

Aww so lucky you'll be having the finished product transferred on Monday!! I'm very envious. I'll likely just be going in for epu on Monday!

He is my regular gp. He has been gnarky with some IVF questions I've asked previously but I thought maybe he was just having a bad day. I think I'll be looking for a new gp now though, he's not very caring at all. Oh well, that's the least of my concerns right now haha

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

belinda780  (10-06-2016),ivf newbie  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update- 2nd scan went well. Lining is at 9.8 and the 8 follies are ranging in sizes of 13-18 so they are optimistic that if they all contain eggs, they should be mature enough for fertilisation they also found a 30mm cyst that is causing my slight discomfort and they will drain it at egg pick up on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC How did your scan go if you have had it?
    That's very strange about your GP. I would be very upset. Maybe you could see if there is a female that you can see. Might be a bit more caring!
    @ivf newbie Yay on your second scan. Sounds like your follies are growing nicely. Were there any smaller ones that were potential?

I hope that your cyst can get removed easily and not cause you any more dramas