+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGalGC View Post
    Oh wow, 13 is a wicked number!!! I hope lots of them fertilise! When will you find out?

Did you use the relaxant as well? I'm so glad to hear you didn't find it too painful!
    That's what the Dr and nurses said! They seemed quite happy with that. I think I will find out more tomorrow how many have fertilized overnight.

Yep I took the relaxant as they told me two hours before but I don't think that did too much but maybe the combination of all of them helped. Hopefully you will find it not too painful also.

Your first scan is this Friday isn't it? How are you going with your injections now? Hopefully they are getting a bit easier for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying not to get a number in my head but I reckon I'll be stoked with eight! That seems like a nice number. And then 5 fertilised ha! And four five day blasties. Haha we'll see!

I'm looking forward to hearing how many have fertilised for you tomorrow!!

Yeah my scan is on Friday! My nurse recommended panadeine forte so I've got an appointment with my gp tomorrow to get a script for it. Hopefully that will do the trick.

I did my first orgalutran last night. I was really nervous for it but it worked out okay and now nervous for my second one in about 15 mins haha! All worth it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying not to get a number in my head but I reckon I'll be stoked with eight! That seems like a nice number. And then 5 fertilised ha! And four five day blasties. Haha we'll see!

I'm looking forward to hearing how many have fertilised for you tomorrow!!

Yeah my scan is on Friday! My nurse recommended panadeine forte so I've got an appointment with my gp tomorrow to get a script for it. Hopefully that will do the trick.

I did my first orgalutran last night. I was really nervous for it but it worked out okay and now nervous for my second one in about 15 mins haha! All worth it!!
    I tried not to also but I certainly expected a lot less due to the follicles. 8 would be great!

The panadeine forte would be a good idea for after EPU if you do get a bit of pain. Good for you for doing the orgalutran yourself! I got DH to do that one but only because I felt loke like I didnt have enough hands to hold it properly and draw the top back but I figured he could do his bit haha.

You'll be an expert in no time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda780 View Post
    I tried not to also but I certainly expected a lot less due to the follicles. 8 would be great!

The panadeine forte would be a good idea for after EPU if you do get a bit of pain. Good for you for doing the orgalutran yourself! I got DH to do that one but only because I felt loke like I didnt have enough hands to hold it properly and draw the top back but I figured he could do his bit haha.

You'll be an expert in no time!
    Oh no! I didn't know what the drawing the needle back thing was! I read it in the instructions but I don't remember the nurse telling me about it. It said you had to draw back on the needle and if there was blood you had to take it out and try it elsewhere? I didn't do it though because I was too nervous. Is that what your dh did?

Aww man, I hope I haven't buggered anything up by not doing that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You'll be fine. He did draw it back but there was never any blood so he just continued. I suspect you just have to make sure the needle is all the way in through the skin and not just the tip. Maybe just checl with your clinic if you are not sure but I'm sure it would have worked.

I did find that needle a bit thicker as others have said but told dh just to stab it in haha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to belinda780 For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My scan went well the other day. 8 good looking follies so far and my lining was already at 6.9 so they are happy with progress next scan is Friday.
    @belinda780 great numbers!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivf newbie For This Useful Post:

belinda780  (09-06-2016),SurferGalGC  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @belinda780 I took to google. Haha! There were ladies on another forum that were freaking out about it to because their nurses never mentioned either but then they read it in the instructions.

I think it's all good. I'll check with the nurses when I'm in for my scan on Friday just in case.
    @ivf newbie aww I'm so jealous that you get two scans! My bulk bill clinic has only schedule one for me. Mine is on Friday too! Yay, follies scan buddies!! Have they mentioned when your epu might be?

What day of injections are you on? I saw you're on Gonal f and cetrotide. I'm doing puregon and orgalutran. Orgalutran sounds the same at cetrotide. I refer to my org. injection as "the scary one" to my dh and family.

8 is a wicked number of good sized follies! And no doubt there will be more on Friday!

Are you doing a fresh transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @belinda780 I took to google. Haha! There were ladies on another forum that were freaking out about it to because their nurses never mentioned either but then they read it in the instructions.

I think it's all good. I'll check with the nurses when I'm in for my scan on Friday just in case.
    @ivf newbie aww I'm so jealous that you get two scans! My bulk bill clinic has only schedule one for me. Mine is on Friday too! Yay, follies scan buddies!! Have they mentioned when your epu might be?

What day of injections are you on? I saw you're on Gonal f and cetrotide. I'm doing puregon and orgalutran. Orgalutran sounds the same at cetrotide. I refer to my org. injection as "the scary one" to my dh and family.

8 is a wicked number of good sized follies! And no doubt there will be more on Friday!

Are you doing a fresh transfer?
    My egg pick up is Monday by the look of things, then transfer will be Wednesday so yes another fresh cycle. Day 9 of injections, my partner has been away for work the last couple of days so I've had to do the cetrotide injections myself which are "his" ones to do because I hate them!! But I've managed..
    Last cycle we didn't have any eggs that were suitable for freezing, and this cycle even if we do, our funds have run dry so can't cover the costs.. So if this cycle doesn't work out, we are back to saving I'm trying not to stress about egg pick up but didn't have the best experience last time. Hoping that because this whole cycle has been more relaxed, then that will be too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ivf newbie View Post
    My egg pick up is Monday by the look of things, then transfer will be Wednesday so yes another fresh cycle. Day 9 of injections, my partner has been away for work the last couple of days so I've had to do the cetrotide injections myself which are "his" ones to do because I hate them!! But I've managed..
    Last cycle we didn't have any eggs that were suitable for freezing, and this cycle even if we do, our funds have run dry so can't cover the costs.. So if this cycle doesn't work out, we are back to saving I'm trying not to stress about egg pick up but didn't have the best experience last time. Hoping that because this whole cycle has been more relaxed, then that will be too!
    Oh awesome! I'm on day 8 of injections. That's so funny, my dh has been away for work for the last couple of days too! He's back tonight, yay!

Aww lucky you get to do a freshie! My clinic on does FET so I'll have to wait an extra few weeks.

I'll be able to let you know tomorrow probably if I've got epu on the same day! Is yours under local or general anesthetic?

I hope yours goes well and you get lots of little eggs!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Local... And a Valium and panadine forte and gas. Fingers crossed for everyone x