+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ivf newbie

I thought my injections weren't going to work too. I didn't get the reaction I did the first time around then at egg retrieval I only had 2 eggs and only 1 fertalised but I guess it really goes to show that you only need 1 egg. Dont give up

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rbccdwny For This Useful Post:

ivf newbie  (06-06-2016),positive vibes  (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your stories. Have been wanting to join a thread. I am starting my injections in about three weeks. First time with IVF and we will be doing ICSI also. So scared and anxious about what's to come.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to positive vibes For This Useful Post:

belinda780  (06-06-2016),SurferGalGC  (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by positive vibes View Post
    Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your stories. Have been wanting to join a thread. I am starting my injections in about three weeks. First time with IVF and we will be doing ICSI also. So scared and anxious about what's to come.
    I'm just a few weeks ahead then! It's my first round of IVF using ICSI and I'm on day 5 of injections. It's definitely an interesting adventure!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

positive vibes  (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got my egg pickup on Wednesday eek! Had another scan today and there are now six good sized follicles and heaps of smaller ones!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belinda780 For This Useful Post:

positive vibes  (06-06-2016),SurferGalGC  (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow! Are you doing the trigger injection today? How have you found your moods and bloating?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow! Are you doing the trigger injection today? How have you found your moods and bloating?
    Thank you! I did the trigger last night. It's so nice not to have to do any injections today! I have been feeling pretty good, had barely any bloating and I was worried the injections were not working as I felt too normal haha. Moods pretty good also just a bit angry and emotional early on with a couple of monster headaches.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belinda780 For This Useful Post:

positive vibes  (07-06-2016),SurferGalGC  (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ivf newbie View Post
    Well girls, when I started this post it was for a few reasons. I was tired of researching similar IVF situations to my own and never finding one or if I did - they never completed to the end! I was also too scared at first to join an ongoing thread. And finally a bit like a record for myself to track my progress. So I may not be on here very much, but until I get that positive, I will continue to update my journey
    UPDATE-
    I am now on day 5 of gonal f and also started my cetrotide injections this morning. I still hate the cetrotide ones. They sting, cause a welt and my partner hates inflicting that on me. Difference this time round is no eczema or hives this time... I broke out with them within 10 mins of my first cetrotide injection last time and it didn't go away until I stopped the crinone gel. I am still much calmer and less stressed but only because I'm too busy to think about what is going on! Then I have my few mins a day that I allow myself to stop and think, and other than an occasional dizzy spell or sudden onset of starvation, and of course the bloating, I have no other side effects this time round... Is it because my body knows what to expect this time or are the injections not working?? Must keep anxiety at bay, there is nothing I can do except wait for my scan on Tuesday to see what is happening.

I hope everyone else is travelling along well x
    Hi ivf newbie
    How did your scan go today?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to belinda780 For This Useful Post:

positive vibes  (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Belinda780 how did your egg pick up go today? Did you go under general?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Belinda780 how did your egg pick up go today? Did you go under general?
    Hi positive vibes!

Thank you for asking. It went really well, I did it under sedation and just some IV drugs and it was really not that bad, not too painful just felt a few pokes and prods. I had a bit of bleeding but I think that's fairly normal. Also barely any pain now, not enough to take anything!

The best part is they got 13 eggs (I was so surprised I thought there would be a lot less as they said there were 6 good follies on Monday) and of those 13, 12 are suitable for insemination/ICSI!

Now let's hope DH's sperm is good haha

16. The Following User Says Thank You to belinda780 For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, 13 is a wicked number!!! I hope lots of them fertilise! When will you find out?

Did you use the relaxant as well? I'm so glad to hear you didn't find it too painful!