Maternity Wear Survey | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Maternity Wear Survey

Hi! If you've been pregnant within the last five years or so, could you please fill in this survey for me on surveymonkey? https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WRSNY2Y

I am not employed by any brands/companies nor am I making any money out of this, I am just a fashion student required to survey some people for her assignment. Thanks to anyone who participates!

Edit: Here are the questions if you would prefer to answer them here. Some of them are multiple choice but if you would prefer to answer in your own words, you can do that too.

1. Do you shop at Jeanswest?

Yes but not maternity

Yes, I shop exclusively at Jeanswest for maternity

Yes, I shop at Jeanswest for maternity as well as other places

No, I shop elsewhere for maternity

Where else do you shop for maternity and how does it compare to Jeanswest? If you don't shop at Jeanswest (maternity or general), why not?

*2. What is your biggest complaint about Maternity Wear (at Jeanswest or in general)? What would motivate you to buy maternity wear at one place rather than another?

*3. How important is it for your Maternity Wear to be in style and keeping in trend as opposed to focused on comfort?

Style is the only thing that matters

Style is somewhat more important

Style is slightly more important

Both are equally important

Comfort is slightly more important

Comfort is somewhat more important

Comfort is the only thing that matters

4. How much would you consider too expensive to spend for Maternity Wear? How much do your normally spend on clothing? Does your budget change with maternity wear?

5. Do you normally take any considerations when buying clothing? Does that change with maternity wear? (E.g. If you normally care about environmental impact, would you settle for less environmentally friendly clothing due to less choices?)

Yes, I normally have considerations but I'm willing to be more flexible during this time

Yes, I have considerations and I would not be willing to compromise during this time

Yes, I don't normally take any considerations but I will during this time

No, I have never had any special considerations and will not during this time either

If yes, what considerations will you take and what priority do you place on them?

6. How close do you keep to your original style when looking for Maternity Wear? How important is it to you to keep your original style rather than compromise for extra comfort?

The exact same, just bigger sizes/accommodations for my bump

Mostly the same, only a little compromise for comfort

I compromise somewhat for comfort

I compromise a lot for comfort

I only care about comfort

My style is comfortable enough to support little to no change during my pregnancy

7. Do you still buy non-Maternity clothes to wear during this time? When you look for clothes during this time, do you aim to buy a mix of maternity and non-maternity or would you prefer one to the other?

I only buy maternity wear

I only look for maternity wear but will buy non-maternity wear if I come across it

I look for a mix but I prefer maternity wear

I look for a mix but I prefer non-maternity wear

I won't buy maternity wear at all if I can help it

I'll buy whatever I can find

If you buy non-maternity wear during this time, what do you look for/what brands do you go to?

8. How important is it for silhouettes to flatter your body shape during this time?

Yes, it's important to flatter my general body shape

Yes but it's only important around my baby bump/stomach area

No, I've never taken notice of silhouettes

No, I've taken notice but I don't have a preference/don't care

If yes, are there any silhouettes that you prefer to wear throughout the duration of your pregnancy?

9. Are you planning on working during this time? If so, how would that influence what you look for in maternity wear?

Yes but I didn't have to take workwear into consideration

Yes, appropriate maternity wear for work was something I had to look for

No, I didn't work during this time

10. What would you like to see in maternity advertising? Is there anything in a maternity ad that you would disapprove of?

Bonus: How conservatively do you normally dress and did that change with your pregnancy?

I covered up more

I covered up less

I stayed the same on my usually more conservative side

I stayed the same on my usually less conservative side

That was just a question I couldn't fit into surveymonkey's 10 question limit as well as some extra little details
    such as current age and your age during your first pregnancy.
    If you're happy and comfortable enough to answer it, great! Thank you so much! If not, just covering the 10 main questions would be highly appreciated
    Last edited by cchase503; 24-03-2016 at 17:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've noticed quite a number of views but only two responses and I was wondering what I could do to improve the experience? Since the title clearly says "Maternity Wear Survey" I'm assuming people who click are open to it but then change their mind for whatever reason. If you are unaware of surveymonkey, it is a perfectly safe and free online surveying tool but I can simply copy the questions onto the forum and you can reply via posting if that suits you.

I'm also aware that there are a couple of questions about Jeanswest but you don't need to shop there to do the survey nor am I employed by them. Like I said I am just a student and if you're worried you'd be "doing my homework for me" questionnaires are a required component of my assignment separate from the content of my market research/report writing. If you find yourself here initially interested enough to check out the thread but have any concerns/reservations about doing the actual survey, please don't hesitate to let me know why and I'll do my best to accommodate you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I attempted to complete it, but my internet connection kept dropping out. Filling in the boxes with typing is a pain when I have to do it over and over. Nothing that you can do to fix it, it's just my terrible connection.

I confess to having concerns regarding the questions that were specifically regarding Jeanswest, as opposed to any other company being named. It did make me wonder if you were who you said you were, just because it's the internet and I can be cynical.
    Maybe if you elaborate on what your project is about and what subject it is for, you may get more responses (if you can do that without skewing your data).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

cchase503  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your honest feedback! Perhaps I can copy the questions onto the forum and you can reply here? (If you still feel like it. I completely understand if you have run out of patience!)

I am a fashion student, my assignment is to design a maternity range for Jeanswest but it is all theoretical/academic. For example, I won't be making any clothes, I will just be writing down what items/styles I would include in a maternity range for Jeanswest/how to expand upon their current range. As part of the assignment, I have written components like market research but like I said above, the questionnaires are a separate component (it is a requirement to gather data from consumers in the form of a questionnaire/survey.)
    Last edited by cchase503; 23-03-2016 at 14:56.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cchase503 For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suspected it was something like that! Glad my inner cynic didn't win out.

I'll try to do it again this evening through survey monkey. If I have no luck I'll let you know.

Maybe putting the questions on here as well may elicit some more responses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I have now edited my first post to include the questions but I am not sure about the format. For example, I'm wondering whether alphabetising the multiple choice answers would make it easier or more complicated. I'm flexible with however people want to answer it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    1. Yes - mat and normal clothing. Also shop elsewhere. Basically will look anywhere that have things small enough to fit me. Also like a wider variety than JW offers for mat.

2. It's expensive and the fact that finding things in my size is an issue. Also would like to see nursing clothing separate to mat clothing, as you're in it for longer. I struggled to find clothing that was my style. Most of what I found was, for lack of a better word, "mumsy".

3. Both.

4. Budget changes for mat wear as I won't wear it for as long. I'll normally buy clothing thats more expensive and will last a while.

5. Normally try to buy ethically produced clothing... but when it comes to mat wear I'm often forced to just get whatever fits.

6. Compromise somewhat for comfort

7. Bought and borrowed non-mat wear because I couldn't find much that would fit, in prices I was willing to pay. I mainly went for jersey stretch items that could be mixed and matched. A lot of dresses and maxi skirts.

8. Important to flatter my general body shape. Preferred tighter fitting clothing. Loose clothing with my bump tended to make me look ill (the rest of me looked quite angular).

9. Had to take workwear into consideration. It was hard to find appropriate clothing for me.

10. No more super skinny models with fake bumps. Only thing I'd not approve of would alcohol or smoking consumption included!

11. I tend to dress somewhere between the two. Didn't change that at all during pregnancy. I know the usual offering of mat clothing frustrated myself and some friends because they just weren't us. Mostly it was more conservative than we would dress typically.

Currently 29, was 27/28 when I was pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I filled out the survey, but I just have to say here, one thing I don't like about jeans west maternity jeans and shorts is the elastic part that comes up right over your bump. Living in qld, that's too hot and is also just uncomfortable.

I love the brand though and shop there all the time. I'm a gold member lol. I always wait for their 40% off sales though! 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswhitehouse View Post
    I filled out the survey, but I just have to say here, one thing I don't like about jeans west maternity jeans and shorts is the elastic part that comes up right over your bump. Living in qld, that's too hot and is also just uncomfortable.

I love the brand though and shop there all the time. I'm a gold member lol. I always wait for their 40% off sales though! 😄
    I second that! Also the fact that it is more often than not beige...ugly! I would much prefer a black 'bump cover' as i usually only wear black tops anyway. But yes...far too hot in QLD...options Jeanswest, options!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Its Me For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (26-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Done (found it easier to complete the survey especially being on my phone)